The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

+27
KiaRose
Cari
prop_lyd
Mrs Penfro
perthshirepuma
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
Hound_of_Harrow
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
eirebilly
Gibson
WillyGilly
rodders
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
PenfroPete
red_stag
Biltong
MrsP
Rory_Gallagher
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Pal Joey
Glas a du
Thomond
Ozzy3213
Notch
31 posters

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012, 2:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat. The pub has ventured to Edinburgh, as the team has made their first ever Heineken Cup Semi Final.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the pictures of Martyn Williams, Shane Williams, Paddy Jackson, Paul O'Connell and Tim Visser.

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t27886p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-belfast#1157191

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 26 Apr 2012, 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:12 am

Mickado wrote:
Hoog wrote:Mick, don't want to burst your bubble but I'm sure we lost to ASM December 2010

No worries as,.send her on and we will discuss all that matters

Correct Hoog.

Still, we were missing O’Driscoll and Fitzgerald for that game, and Heaslip was gone after 20 mins.

(TRYING TO KEEP THE FAITH!!)

That's correct mick and we still got an LBP that day, I am keeping the faith myself, as much as possible, Sunday is going to be a belter. Headed to The Porter House in Covent Garden for it, its our base here in London so it should get a good crowd in for it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh

Post by red_stag Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:12 am

Oh Gibbo. You made Trev laugh with your late night emails. An effing character is how you were described Laugh
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:17 am

Rava wrote:Biltong, breeze is good mate. Cool the passion Wink

Oh and congratulations on becoming another 606 10 grand man.

Thank rava, haven't noticed, must have happened yesterday.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

Oh yeah, congrats biltong. I didnt notice Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:20 am

Mickado wrote:Something to feel good about Gibbo,

The last time Leinster lost a game in Europe was in April 2010.

Although that game was also away in France we’ve come a LONG way since then.

We had no SOB, no Fitzgerald, no Isaac Boss, no Sexton, no Madigan, no McFadden, no Cronin, no Thorn, no Toner…

Here’s the team from that day…

Healy – Fogorty – Wright
Hines – Cullen
McLaughlin – Heaslip – Jennings
Reddan – Berne (remember him!)
Nacewa – Darcy – BOD – Horgan
Kearney

Jackman – CJ VDL – Ross – Mal O’Kelly – Stephen Keogh – POD – Eoin O’Malley – Dempsey

We’re a better team now. a FAR better team.
Was at the phhoking game. We should have won it man. No BOD. No Sexton. Shaggy & Jenno carried de flag proper.

Its all about Thorn & Nathan apparently. They are forgetting about a man who has won 2 x Heinos already. My Captain. My Leo. We will run rings around em.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:24 am

eirebilly wrote:Oh yeah, congrats biltong. I didnt notice Very Happy

Thanks billy, I'll catch you one day.The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Edinburgh  - Page 10 Smiley_running
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:30 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
eirebilly wrote:May i be so dumb as to ask what ANZAC is?
A type of cookie! Wink

Alternatively, go to p7 of this thread about a third of the way down look out for a KRD recipe

Australia (&) New Zealand Army Corps (?) at a guess - the home folks sent them to their boys in Turkey and France during WWI, I think

Morning all.

As, you did better than me, I got home and discovered I didn't have any baking soda (had everything else mutter mutter) so will be trying again tonight.

April 25th is ANZAC day, a bank hol in NZ and Australia that commemorates the day in 1915 when the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps (plus some Brits and French) landed on the beaches at Gallipoli. The Turkish defences were lead by Kemal Ataturk, and all three nations regard the conflict there as their national birthplace.

The biscuits were posted to the troops from home - an egg-free recipe so they'd keep while being shipped across the Indian Ocean and through Suez.

I'm just setting up the SG Euro2012 pool. Anyone want to nominate a random team for me to support, I can't decide?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:32 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
eirebilly wrote:May i be so dumb as to ask what ANZAC is?
A type of cookie! Wink

Alternatively, go to p7 of this thread about a third of the way down look out for a KRD recipe

Australia (&) New Zealand Army Corps (?) at a guess - the home folks sent them to their boys in Turkey and France during WWI, I think

Morning all.

As, you did better than me, I got home and discovered I didn't have any baking soda (had everything else mutter mutter) so will be trying again tonight.

April 25th is ANZAC day, a bank hol in NZ and Australia that commemorates the day in 1915 when the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps (plus some Brits and French) landed on the beaches at Gallipoli. The Turkish defences were lead by Kemal Ataturk, and all three nations regard the conflict there as their national birthplace.

The biscuits were posted to the troops from home - an egg-free recipe so they'd keep while being shipped across the Indian Ocean and through Suez.

I'm just setting up the SG Euro2012 pool. Anyone want to nominate a random team for me to support, I can't decide?
Scotland - ah no, we decided on a summer holiday after all

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

red_stag wrote:Oh Gibbo. You made Trev laugh with your late night emails. An effing character is how you were described Laugh

Oh sheet. Did he read it Stag? It was meant for you.

I can take im.

I'll get out of me seat 1st though. That's when he's really vunerable.

Cant wait. Looks brilliant man. Never been on a Lions Tour.

It's on that lisht of mine. Will be done. My 2 lads will be there too. Magic!

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:40 am

Well I got it and just had to show it to him. Said your the kind of fella that would "liven up a tour".

It'll be great craic anywho. If your lads want to do some of it aswell Gibbo let me know. They obv don't need flights or the full thing. Just come for part of it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:46 am

red_stag wrote:Well I got it and just had to show it to him. Said your the kind of fella that would "liven up a tour".

It'll be great craic anywho. If your lads want to do some of it aswell Gibbo let me know. They obv don't need flights or the full thing. Just come for part of it.

Liam is big up for it. Da and son on a Lions Tour in Oz. Dreamland. I'll keep in close touch bud. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:47 am

Do indeed. Loadsa time left anyway.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

And me Stag. I'll be having a close look at those alternatives. If I decide to go, I'll more than likely opt for the one that gets me the 1st Test in Brisbane.
My sister is home next month and I'll be relying on her to influence my missus <ifyouseeworrImean> Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 24 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

I know all too well Rava. You have NO IDEA how many times we hear that Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

If a man tells a woman what to do hes controlling, if a woman tells a man wgat to do it acceofed. I hates it I do :laugh.

What's worse than a male chovenist pig???

A woman who won't do what she's told Laugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:09 am

Euro 2012 SG pool is up

http://www.sportguru.co.uk/euro2012/pool.asp?p=10016648

Pool name: 606v2
Pool code: loondope
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:28 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:Euro 2012 SG pool is up

Nederland. Its done and dusted. We have NO opposition. Maybe the Germans. But. Nah.Its OUR comp.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:32 am

I loved watching Germany play at the World Cup. A group of young, talented and, maybe most importantly, happy young players.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:47 am

They are still Krauts tho Lucky. Need to be spanked.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

If they win it playing good football, I won't be complaining. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:50 am

Gibbo – who’s that in your avatar?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:54 am

Hoog wrote:If a man tells a woman what to do hes controlling, if a woman tells a man wgat to do it acceofed. I hates it I do :laugh.

What's worse than a male chovenist pig???

A woman who won't do what she's told Laugh
Translation?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 24 Apr 2012, 10:58 am

Headscratch

I don't think it says "translation" Asbo!

That wouldn't make any sense!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

Mickado wrote:Gibbo – who’s that in your avatar?

Its Deccie with a pink bonnet on Mick.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:01 am

Gibson wrote:
biltongbek wrote:As long as your missus doesn't fancy him. Ok!

you into jazz gibbo?

I love the saxophone, don't have the guts to learn how to play it though.

Am I in to Jazz? Ohh.. I think so. My kids used hate me for it. Ive taken my lads to every jazz joint in the US and Europe.

Funny how they are getting into it now tho eh?

Basterds nicked me records too.

Proper order.

This is Gibbo in his own head;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIgI9hBucY

I want to by my Da an alto sax when he retires. The guy has zero time for it now but he is a massive jazz head. Having access to about 200 jazz records growing up was great.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:08 am

accepted.

And tis a cookie and cuppa mid morning break for me, tis needed, can't believe how busy the office is today!

And I'm also trying to get my head around the top half of the Welsh prem and what results are needed for both Llanelli and the Drovers to make the play offs, tis most confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Notch wrote:
Gibson wrote:
biltongbek wrote:As long as your missus doesn't fancy him. Ok!

you into jazz gibbo?

I love the saxophone, don't have the guts to learn how to play it though.

Am I in to Jazz? Ohh.. I think so. My kids used hate me for it. Ive taken my lads to every jazz joint in the US and Europe.

Funny how they are getting into it now tho eh?

Basterds nicked me records too.

Proper order.

This is Gibbo in his own head;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHIgI9hBucY

I want to by my Da an alto sax when he retires. The guy has zero time for it now but he is a massive jazz head. Having access to about 200 jazz records growing up was great.

Oooh. Yes.
Cheers Notch. It must be wonderful to do what you really love, as a crust. More money in IT, to rear kids though.

Its a trap. Dont get caught in it bro.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Good blog post on the importance of Ulster and Leinsters inside centres at the weekend. Conclusion; it's a massive boon Wallace is fit and D'Arcy will just squeeze out McFadden for selection over in Clermont.

http://whiffofcordite.com/2012/04/24/twelve-by-four/
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:13 am

Signed up. Can't wait.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Flights booked for Chef's bash Yahoo

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:20 am

WillyGilly wrote:

Signed up. Can't wait.

Me too (approval pending!).

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:21 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Flights booked for Chef's bash Yahoo

I just might turn up As. In a Leinster jersey. If only to pish him off.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

I like Gordon D’arcy… but I like Fergus McFadden too… there’s only one way to find out… FIGHT!

Laugh i love those guys. And Harry Hill...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Gibson wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Flights booked for Chef's bash Yahoo

I just might turn up As. In a Leinster jersey. If only to pish him off.
Knowing you lot of barstewards, I'll turn up and the kids will be dressed in Ireland and Leinster jerseys, Ulster PJs, and all that other crep-olla!! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:27 am

Notch wrote:Good blog post on the importance of Ulster and Leinsters inside centres at the weekend. Conclusion; it's a massive boon Wallace is fit and D'Arcy will just squeeze out McFadden for selection over in Clermont.

http://whiffofcordite.com/2012/04/24/twelve-by-four/

Its time for Mcfadden.

Glad that Paddy Bloody Wallace is available to ye. He has such sweet soft hands.

And he's on form.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

rugbydreamer wrote:
And I'm also trying to get my head around the top half of the Welsh prem and what results are needed for both Llanelli and the Drovers to make the play offs, tis most confusing.

LATEST TABLE

REMAINING FIXTURES

So they are both in the Play-offs. The Ponty v Drovers game will decide the semi-final line-up
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

I thought the Drovers were at risk of dropping out the top 4 though?

Aha just checked your table, I was looking at one the other day and thought Drovers were still at a risk of dropping out the top 4, don't think now it had been updated from the games on the 21st! so Diolch!

And all 3 of the Scarlets feeder clubs in the top half of the table, 2 in the playoffs, happy days. Bit gutted Quins won't be in it next season though.

Hmm, need Drovers to beat Ponty, preferably with a TBP, not sure if they can do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:51 am

Just thinking is it just the Top 3 (IE - first goes straight to final, 2nd and 3rd playoff) it was last season Headscratch
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 11:54 am

Ooo I think it might be. That makes it even more important that Drovers get the TBP and deny Ponty anything. That's a tough, tough ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

It's just 3

"The format of the Champion Play Off will be:
Match 1 - Club 2 v Club 3
Match 2 (Final) - Club 1 v Winner of Match 1

Match 1 will be played on the Ground of Club 2

The Final will be played at the home venue of Club 1"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:10 pm

That's such a strange system. No matter then, at least there will be one final at PyS Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm

Might nip across to Sardis Road tomorrow night for that Ponty v Drovers game
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:31 pm

oo now there's a thought. Hmmm, a bit tempted by that myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

Here's a question; does the ERCs seeming policy of having the Amlin Cup final in the same ground as the Heineken Cup final rule out a number of potentially great venues for the less prestigious competition?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:41 pm

Notch wrote:Here's a question; does the ERCs seeming policy of having the Amlin Cup final in the same ground as the Heineken Cup final rule out a number of potentially great venues for the less prestigious competition?
Notch, the Amlin will be played at the Stoop just down the road from Twickenham (the venue for the Heino), unless you were hoping for a different town/city altogether?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

Yeah, exactly As. I obviously understand the advantages of marketing the Amlin final as a warm-up to the main event- I see the ERC are offering discounts on Amlin tickets to those who have tickets to the Big One- and the economic realities behind this strategy, not to mention the superior transport links to capital cities.

But at the same time I think it's a shame that rugby mad towns like Llanelli, Limerick and Toulouse would miss out on a chance to host a European final. All possess grounds which would be perfect for that event.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

Sorry- I meant to say city, not ground! The same city as the Heineken Cup final Doh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:50 pm

Notch wrote:Sorry- I meant to say city, not ground! The same city as the Heineken Cup final Doh
My guess is that so folks who are travelling to the Heino from out of town will hopefully also attend the Amlin?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:51 pm

Indeed. I hope though that in time the Amlin will become a prize that can attract a crowd on it's own merits.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 24 Apr 2012, 12:52 pm

Notch wrote:Yeah, exactly As. I obviously understand the advantages of marketing the Amlin final as a warm-up to the main event- I see the ERC are offering discounts on Amlin tickets to those who have tickets to the Big One- and the economic realities behind this strategy, not to mention the superior transport links to capital cities.

But at the same time I think it's a shame that rugby mad towns like Llanelli, Limerick and Toulouse would miss out on a chance to host a European final. All possess grounds which would be perfect for that event.
True, the principal issue I would have thought would be finding a ground within reasonable travelling distance with sufficient capacity - so Limerick would work with Landsdowne Road, and Swansea with the Millenium, but nothing in Scotland, maybe Leicester with Twickenham?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next