The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aintree - What a start to the meeting!

4 posters

Go down

Aintree - What a start to the meeting! Empty Aintree - What a start to the meeting!

Post by steveo77 Fri 01 Apr 2011, 16:20

the cards are starting to come out for next week.

The first 3 races could be sensational

2.00pm Big Bucks v Grands Crus the rematch
2.30pm Zarkandar the new potential hurdles superstar
3.05pm Long Run - THE new star

I guess it remains to be seen whether they all turn up but if they do it really will be an amazing start to the meeting.

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Aintree - What a start to the meeting! Empty Re: Aintree - What a start to the meeting!

Post by Swanseadabber Fri 01 Apr 2011, 16:32

Steveo, beware horses that ran at the Festival have been known to flop at Aintree, its a totally different track and some of the horses may have had very hard races.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Aintree - What a start to the meeting! Empty Re: Aintree - What a start to the meeting!

Post by racingnut Fri 01 Apr 2011, 18:58

Grand Crus wont go unless theres more rain and ditto Long Run.Forecast cant make its mind up,one was saying rain every day up until Thursday and another saying no rain at all and they are talking about watering the National course.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Fri 01 Apr 2011, 22:20

steveo77 wrote:the cards are starting to come out for next week.

The first 3 races could be sensational

2.00pm Big Bucks v Grands Crus the rematch
2.30pm Zarkandar the new potential hurdles superstar
3.05pm Long Run - THE new star

I guess it remains to be seen whether they all turn up but if they do it really will be an amazing start to the meeting.

Thanks steveo

I would love them to all turn up!

I'll be able to watch the first three races on the first day....then all Friday's and Saturday's races Yahoo

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:06

well Long Run is out so thats a shame but there looks to be more than enough quality elsewhere.

Binocular v Peddlers Cross on Saturday will rival the Grand National for me!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:08

by the way it will be good if there are a few people on these boards for the races. Although I am not taking time off for this meeting I will be able to keep a close eye on things at work because
a) it is a reasonably quiet week for me Yahoo
b) the races are on the BBC so will be able to get a good streamed link

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:32

steveo77 wrote:well Long Run is out so thats a shame but there looks to be more than enough quality elsewhere.

Binocular v Peddlers Cross on Saturday will rival the Grand National for me!

Yes steveo....there are quite a few races to rival the National for me, at the Aintree meeting.......I can't wait to see Binocular.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon 04 Apr 2011, 15:39

steveo77 wrote:by the way it will be good if there are a few people on these boards for the races. Although I am not taking time off for this meeting I will be able to keep a close eye on things at work because
a) it is a reasonably quiet week for me Yahoo
b) the races are on the BBC so will be able to get a good streamed link

I'll be around for the first 3 races on Thursday and for both afternoons on Frday and Saturday.

I think the beeb usually show 5 races each day and then I'll pay to watch the others on the RP website.

Hopefully a few of us will be on here for some good chat.......like we were for Cheltenham : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Tue 05 Apr 2011, 19:05

The Aintree Hurdle looks a real crackerif they all stand their ground but for the life of me i cant understand why anybody would want to be with Binocular.Last years Champion Hurdle form isnt in the same street as this years,his last run was next door to awful(even though he won the black and white form is dreadful) and he has to prove he stays 2m4,if you remember a little while back connections actually questioned whether he stayed a strong run 2m! Peddlers ran the backside off him first up,regardless of what the trainer said about fitness,all roads lead to Cheltenham blah blah blah and i see no reason why he shouldnt do it again.To be honest id be more worried of Oscar Whisky as he will love the extra 4f.Lets put it another way,if The Fly was in this field he'd be long odds on and everyone to a man would have him as the winner,well the second best hurdler in GB and Ireland and the only horse to get him off the bridle this season is running and all the press and punters want to talk about is Binocular this,Binocular that.If i did the laying thing id have Binocular till the cows came home,on everything that we know,on everything thats hes achieved he isnt good enough. Ok!

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed 06 Apr 2011, 14:17

Aintree is now fast approaching.

very competitve in the big race tomorrow.
with Long Run missing is this the opportunity for Denman?

I am just concerned that he may have put everything into the Gold Cup. Caroles Legacy despite being ridden by AP McCoy I just can't see being good enough and so that leaves Nacarat and Punchestowns. I'm not sure at this stage. Very difficult!

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 06 Apr 2011, 19:16

racingnut wrote:The Aintree Hurdle looks a real crackerif they all stand their ground but for the life of me i cant understand why anybody would want to be with Binocular.Last years Champion Hurdle form isnt in the same street as this years,his last run was next door to awful(even though he won the black and white form is dreadful) and he has to prove he stays 2m4,if you remember a little while back connections actually questioned whether he stayed a strong run 2m! Peddlers ran the backside off him first up,regardless of what the trainer said about fitness,all roads lead to Cheltenham blah blah blah and i see no reason why he shouldnt do it again.To be honest id be more worried of Oscar Whisky as he will love the extra 4f.Lets put it another way,if The Fly was in this field he'd be long odds on and everyone to a man would have him as the winner,well the second best hurdler in GB and Ireland and the only horse to get him off the bridle this season is running and all the press and punters want to talk about is Binocular this,Binocular that.If i did the laying thing id have Binocular till the cows came home,on everything that we know,on everything thats hes achieved he isnt good enough. Ok!

Interesting comments racingnut but I'm sticking with Binocular for this : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 06 Apr 2011, 19:23

steveo77 wrote:Aintree is now fast approaching.

very competitve in the big race tomorrow.
with Long Run missing is this the opportunity for Denman?

I am just concerned that he may have put everything into the Gold Cup. Caroles Legacy despite being ridden by AP McCoy I just can't see being good enough and so that leaves Nacarat and Punchestowns. I'm not sure at this stage. Very difficult!

I've been so busy that I haven't even had chance to look at the cards for Aintree.
I've got two hours of NVQ study ( yes I know.. 'Not Very Qualified'....you don't have to say it lol) to do, then I'm going to look at tomorrow's card.

Will be back later

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 06 Apr 2011, 20:35

With regards to Long Runs absence,i think Henderson was totally out of order to issue a statement saying that"he is showing all the right signs and giving us the right vibes"to then scratch him 22 minutes after it became public.For all he trains for some very highbrow people including Lizzy,im afraid he needs a crash course in PR. mad

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down