The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderator vote for the tennis board

+4
Stealth Maestro Agro Love
cats_r_cool
Davie
Green
8 posters

Go down

Moderator vote for the tennis board

Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_lcap33%Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_lcap17%Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_lcap50%Moderator vote for the tennis board Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Moderator vote for the tennis board Empty Moderator vote for the tennis board

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:45 am

After feedback from the nominations board, here is the final shortlist.

Please vote on who you would like to be the new tennis moderator - the role is to lock/ merge/ delete any threads that are either offensive (sexist/ racist/ overly hostile or libelous) or duplicate or wumming. It is not to censor opinions.

They should still be considered to be regular poster who will only get involved if threads breach the above.

Voting closes at 8pm Monday.

Good luck.

Last edited by Y I Man on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Moderator vote for the tennis board Empty Re: Moderator vote for the tennis board

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 am

I see nobody is declaring who they voted for... Wink

I voted for Jubbahey, because I feel he's most experienced in dealing with the WUMs, and as he has shown many times back on 606, he has a lot of energy and motivation for doing that job.

He also expressed willingness not to get too involved in tennis discussions in order to keep distance, which is I think the right approach.
Like I already said, I'd vote for all three, but since I have to choose...

I think it would be more convenient if we could all complain about things we think break the House Rules (like on 606), cause moderators can't be everywhere all the time, especially if the forum expends further. Just a thought...

Green

Back to top Go down

Moderator vote for the tennis board Empty Re: Moderator vote for the tennis board

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 am

Morning Green,

There is a button on each post that looks like '!'
If you click that, the post is flagged straight away to the Admin guys.
There is also the alert a mod thread in the welcome section if you have any issues or queries: https://www.606v2.com/t29-alert-moderator-thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 am

"There is a button on each post that looks like '!'"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am I the only one who can't find that button? Erm

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:04 am

it's the one that looks like this Moderator vote for the tennis board Icon_post_report - just to the left of the name of the poster and next to the quote button

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:23 am

I can't see that button neither? Not that we have had any cause to use it so far but may come in handy when 606 finally closes Wink

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah, it's not here...

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:30 am

Can you look on another section of the forum on a post to see if its there?
It should be to right hand side of the 'quote' & 'edit' buttons

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:33 am

I just looked in the boxing section, it's not there. Maybe it's got something to do with the internet browser we're using? I'm using Google Chrome...

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am

OK, thanks Green.
I will have a word with the team and look into it.

Cheers
Y I Man

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am

I just checked football and it's not showing there neither for me.

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 am

Thanks for checking guys, I have mentioned it to the team and we will look into it.
In the meantime, there is the 'alert a mod' thread and you can also send us a private message at any time.

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 am

No problem Y I. As I said, happily it's not something we need at the moment thumbsup

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I'll vote for Jubbahey, though to be honest anyone would be OK; it's a decent shortlist.

My sole reason is that Jubbahey does not appear to be a major backer of any single player...

So I can probably convert him to the way of the almighty James Blake, whereby we shall convert the forum into a shrine dedicated to the great man. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:49 pm

i found the issue on the alert a admin/mod button.
It should now be visible for all posts, next to the quote & edit buttons
king

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 pm

I voted for Woofie 'cos I'm a coward Shocked

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

Y I Man,

I see the button now! Yahoo

Dear administrators and moderators,
prepare yourselves for numerous complaints! Wink

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:14 pm

Green wrote:Y I Man,

I see the button now! Yahoo

Dear administrators and moderators,
prepare yourselves for numerous complaints! Wink

But Green, as I am the tennis threads solitary WUM, you'll take mercy on me...... won't you?! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:26 pm

News,

if only I could have found that button on April 1st! Whistle

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:57 am

Any one of the three candidates would be fine, however if these boards continue as they have then there will be very little need for moderation.

Hopefully!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:02 pm

I am fearful for 606V2, because ATM, 606 (bbc) is rife with hate and wum posts, and since many of the more normal posters are conspicuous by their absence, the trolls are having a field day.

When the time comes, we must be prepared for an exodus from that board, they have to go somewhere, and many will come here, pretend to be kosher for a few days then slowly poison us with more and more wummish material. Multi accounts will abound and we will have our work cut out for us, reporting posts and members.

It might get a bit mucky at times, but I think 606V2 has enough level headed Mods to see us through the worst of it.

Fingers X'ed

I wonder what the likes of Sampy will call themselves ? Ug! just saying that name leave a sour taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm

"Sampy"
~~~~~~~~~~~
He's still on 606, though he had said goodbye some time ago...

I stopped by 606 last night after a week or so and I immediately had to have two articles removed... Nobody seems to be complaining about anything anymore over there! <yikes>

Whoever's the new moderator, they'll get all the help from me! Smile

Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:21 pm

theres nothing that can be done about it other than be vigilant and be on our guard.

Its a problem for all the boards, not just tennis.

The answer is to make sure that we all do our bit - report all wum activity to your mods and admin.

We will ban ip adresses of offenders so it should be quite hard for people to set up mutli accounts.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Hobo wrote:theres nothing that can be done about it other than be vigilant and be on our guard.

The answer is to make sure that we all do our bit - report all wum activity to your mods and admin.

We will ban ip adresses of offenders so it should be quite hard for people to set up mutli accounts.

Jubbahey will soon *sniff* them out Hobo 8)

He's an acknowledged expert in the field of Wum Hunting Very Happy

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:42 pm

I just love the smell of burning wum first thing in the morning Drool

Glad to hear you can ban IP addresses, its something we all banged on about to the mods on 606, but they kind of thought it was an invasion of privacy or something dumb like that. (or it wasn't worth the effort)

Its funny, in a masochistic kind of way, to see the tennis section of 606 being taken over by the footie wum brigade.

I can't conceive what it will be like for them to have their mouth silenced, oblivion to erase their ramblings and all their hate and bile to be sucked into a void of insignificance when 606 abruptly ends.

I must admit a wry smile and a bit of a smirk may cross my face as and when it happens though Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geosynch Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Hobo wrote:theres nothing that can be done about it other than be vigilant and be on our guard.

This ip ban is music to my ears. I did say on the andymoaner thread a few months ago that this would be a great way to silence these people.
Geosynch
Geosynch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down