The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited?

+4
bellchees
DaveVDK
KingMonkey
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
8 posters

Go down

Would you be excited for Ward vs Dawson?

Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_lcap23%Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_lcap38%Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_lcap38%Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 13

Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Empty Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited?

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

Poll says it all.

Throughout the super six Ward proved himself to be the best fighter in the SMW division yet was never in an exciting fight - he employs spoiler tactics and will hold and out-muscle his man up close

Like Ward, Dawson has never been in a great fight and has not got the style or output to make an exciting fight

Ward and Dawson together - the styles will simply not mesh and it will be a repeat of Hopkins Dawson just with Ward being much more successful that B-hop.

Surely it should be a good thing that the two best fighters in their respective divisions would challange themselves against eachother...but would you be excited for a Dawson vs Ward match up??

Back to top Go down

Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Empty Re: Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited?

Post by KingMonkey Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:29 pm

I wasn't excited for Chad vs BHop but Ward is exciting full stop. Ok, he's not in the Broner or Mayweather flashy type bracket but when a talent like him comes along you need to stand up and take notice. The same was said about Bad Chad once and he needs to get himself back on track in that regard, put some bums on seats.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited? Empty Re: Dawson vs Ward - The two best fighters in their divisions but are you excited?

Post by DaveVDK Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:33 pm

Id like to see Ward v Bute, then the winner go on to face Dawson

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Sun 29 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

I agree Ward is a great boxer and nice to watch from a technical stand point - but i do not find him exciting in the slightest

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 29 Apr 2012, 2:35 pm

I think the problem with Ward is he is very very good but not quite what I would class as a special fighter like Mayweather. Most of Floyd's fights aren't the most exciting but I have no problem staying up until ridiculous hours in the morning to watch them because he really is a once in a generation fighter and you can't help but appreciate how good he is. Where Ward isn't at that level I just cant bring myself to get to excited about him as much knowing he also isn't going to be dragged into an exciting fight any time soon, if Froch couldn't make it a great spectacle I don't think anyone can.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

But how can Dawson legitimately be seen as the best at LHW? Ok fair do's, he has now dethroned B-Hop fair and square but the comprehensive defeat to Pascal still stands as his only blemish.

It's nice to see an old school situation with the best (Hopkins, Pascal, Dawson) all fighting each other, it's good for the sport if not providing the most entertaining fights but no single one has yet conquered the other two. Maybe in a rematch Dawson would avenge his defeat but for me he can't be called the best until he does. The Pascal defeat is too recent and Dawson hasn't beaten enough top quality names since to convince me.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

Ward will show us what Hopkins would have done to Dawson 10 years ago..

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 29 Apr 2012, 2:56 pm

Have lost no respect for Hopkins. Goes to prove, if you take on all-comers, eventually someone's going to have your number. Even if you are a legend. I think we can be a little more lenient on Froch now for his loss to Ward. Like Hopkins last night, never really in trouble against Ward, just met someone better on the night.

I do think Ward is a bit good, has that rare gift like Mayweather, of never, or rarely, getting caught clean, but sturdy with it, unlike Floyd, whom one still feels could get taken out by the Pacman in a one punch finish.

Ward-Dawson. A cure for insomnia, but the natural and most pertinent match at the minute, at the axis. Very interesting fight none the less.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 2:59 pm

The problem for Pacquiao is he needs to land that one good punch. Has mayweather ever even been down??? Yes he got rocked by Mosley, but that was early on, may have been caught cold.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 29 Apr 2012, 3:08 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:The problem for Pacquiao is he needs to land that one good punch. Has mayweather ever even been down??? Yes he got rocked by Mosley, but that was early on, may have been caught cold.

Mayweather's been down against a couple of opponents I'm sure, I think Genaro Hernandez for one.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 29 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

He touched down against Judah but that wasn't counted, and he took a knee when he hurt his hand in a different fight f memory serves correct.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 29 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Floyd was caught by Mosely sure but that was a hell of a punch, the first he had shipped like that in years and he STILL had the sense to grab hold. I can't see Manny sparking Floyd out, I can't see anyone sparking him out.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down