The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish

+35
Cari
SirBurger
neilthom7
Shauna784
Feckless Rogue
humphstheman
Pete330v2
Rava
geoff999rugby
Pot Hale
profitius
Suspicious lurker
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
marty2086
Gibson
Standulstermen
toml
JayMaster3000
red_stag
The Great Aukster
formerly known as Sam
geoff998rugby
Equo Troiano
MrsP
rodders
WillyGilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
HammerofThunor
clivemcl
Notch
Mickado
Jenifer McLadyboy
Ozzy3213
mankiaow
BelfastDickVet
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish - Page 3 Empty Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish

Post by BelfastDickVet Fri 04 May 2012, 1:36 am

First topic message reminder :

OUTHALF Ian Humphreys is set to leave Ulster at the end of the season and return to the English Premiership with London Irish.

Humphreys, who returned to Ulster in 2008-09, after a successful stint with Leicester Tigers, is believed to have agreed a deal with the Exiles.

The recently turned 30-year-old has been to the forefront of the Ulster team for the past four years, but some indifferent form this year had resulted in his position being weakened.

Although he played in the entire Heineken Cup quarter-final win over Munster last month, he missed out on a start in the semi-final against Edinburgh.

However, Humphreys was instrumental in steering Ulster to the crucial home win over Clermont Auvergne in the opening European pool win, displaying the talent most Ravenhill fans have been accustomed to seeing from a player who has scored 617 points in 81 appearances.

The Ballymena man was also instrumental in guiding Ulster to the Heineken Cup quarter-finals for the first time in 12 years the previous season, with one of the stand out moments being a long rang and crucial last gasp penalty against Biarritz at Ravenhill which kept the side on course for the last eight from their pool.

Humphreys, who is on the bench for tomorrow’s last PRO12 game in Munster, is expected to feature in the Heineken Cup final.

this is crazy stuff, i don't think even Geoff saw this coming. this is a real loss, granted his form was up and down at times but he is a wealth of experience for Young paddy Jackson to feed off. Who will replace him? steenson....Nial O'connor.....Madigan? (the last one is wishful thinking on my part and the other two are currently under contract so i doubt they will be considered)

This signing does show London Irish's intentions to bring the Irish element back into their club

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish - Page 3 Empty Re: Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish

Post by Rava Fri 04 May 2012, 9:49 pm

Gibson wrote:Justice for the Henson 1!

Just because he's not...well... you know.

Presbyterian?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish - Page 3 Empty Re: Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish

Post by Cari Fri 04 May 2012, 9:49 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Hello everyone. This is my first 606 post in over a year and I hope you are all well. Anyway back to the topic in hand, I won't settled for anybody less than Dan Carter to replace iHump. Well if we aim high who knows eh :-)
I do get the awful feeling it'll be the return of the NOC.

This 606v2 will take some getting used to.

PETE IS THAT YOU!???? I hope it is! I've missed you. Yahoo Hug I bet you're made up My Boy (yes, I still would!) is going home Very Happy

...and there's nothing wrong with NOC. He's lovely Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 04 May 2012, 9:51 pm

Rava wrote:

Presbyterian?

No No No.

I meant white.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 04 May 2012, 9:54 pm

Gibson wrote:
Rava wrote:

Presbyterian?

No No No.

I meant white.

Can you tell?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 04 May 2012, 10:02 pm

In all seriousness I'm really devastated Humph is leaving man...are we selling our soul here?

Faloon, Whitten, Humph and most of all McLaughlin....these guys have been fundimental to getting us to were we are today...they've taken us from a side just about keeping above Connacht in the celtic league to a HEC final.

Losing Pedre and Terblanche is beyond our control but I think its important we don't lose sight of why we are where we are.

Justice for Humph guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 04 May 2012, 10:13 pm

I don't agree Rodders. I don't think any of these three guys are responsible for taking us to where we are today.
If you are happy to settle for second best then leet them stay because that is what they will give you.
If we are to fulfil our potential then guys like this must be cast aside for better players. Or at least give the younger guys a crack at it.
There is absolutely no room in professional sport for sentiment.
Onwards and upwards Rodders.

SUFTUM
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 04 May 2012, 10:18 pm

Rava I didn't say they are responsible but they played a part.

Who kicked the long range penalties against Biarritz that got us to the HEC QF last year for the first time in 12 seasons? Humph...he's played his role for sure.

Trust me Rava I am not happy to settle for second best but theres no quick fix to get to the top man...there's a lot of reasons we're in a HEC final and Humph is one of them.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Fri 04 May 2012, 10:19 pm

rodders wrote:In all seriousness I'm really devastated Humph is leaving man...are we selling our soul here?

Faloon, Whitten, Humph and most of all McLaughlin....these guys have been fundimental to getting us to were we are today...they've taken us from a side just about keeping above Connacht in the celtic league to a HEC final.

Losing Pedre and Terblanche is beyond our control but I think its important we don't lose sight of why we are where we are.

Justice for Humph guinness .

Come on Rodders!

Get it right!!!

It should be,

Justice 10 iHumph!

Headscratch

Or even,

Justice 22 iHumph!

Very Happy

And before I get accused of all sorts. I think Ulster would be very good for Henson, just as I think Henson would not be good for Ulster!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 04 May 2012, 10:35 pm

Truth is somewhere in between rodders and Rava. More to Ravas side to be honest.

I think Humph has gone for greater job security. You think he's going to get a three-year contract at Ulster? Not a chance man. You need to earn it and he hasn't. Getting dropped for the semi-final must have been the last straw.

Not the first time the glaring flaws in his game have caused him to be dropped, for me the feeling I have is frustration; he has so much talent, and he's squandered much of it. Whenever he's been dropped, he's deserve to be dropped. But all those kicks in the arse haven't served to make him knuckle down and fulfil that potential.

We still owe him for some amazing memories; last minute kicks to win games, some great tries and a masterful display at Thomond Park under Matt Williams where he was just unplayable. So I wish him the best of luck. May he get quick ball and have a good 7 to do all his tackling.

rodders- of our IQ players we're losing Barker, Kyriacou, Faloon, Whitten, Humphreys and Porter.

I'm massively disappointed to see Ian Porter and Ian Whitten move on. Mostly frustrated about losing Porter- Whitten leaving is understandable and not a massive issue because of the depth of talent we have in the centres. Porter- had he been treated right- could be a great back-up to Pienaar by now. A very talented player and I can only hope he's gone until Pienaar leaves and we can welcome him back

Those guys are good players who will excel elsewhere. The rest are good enough for squad places and the odd Pro 12 game- apart from Humphreys who isgood enough to win Heineken Cups and not good enough to play pro rugby at all, often within the same game.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 04 May 2012, 11:30 pm

Yes sorry Rodders I didn't mean to come across as if I didn't respect what those guys had contributed but individually they didnt get us where we are today. Sure iHump gave us some great nights to cheer over the past few years as Notch says but think of how many times your head was in your hands. Too many for me.
What I'm saying is this is a Club going places. There has to be casualties. The young academy players need to be given a chance. Do you not think Paddy Jackson won't be having a wee cheer under his breath tonight. He's seen off a talented guy. That is a massive confidence boost for him.
The progress is huge. I hope all the fellas leaving do well. I'll not be sorry of any of them prove it a wrong decision to let them go.
I'll judge iHump and Logan on where we are in the next two or three years.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 05 May 2012, 1:40 am

Looking around, a LOT of people are saying Niall O'Connor is returning to Ulster to replace Humphreys. Not a good bit of business if true; we've two outhalves better than him leaving the club. If they are bringing back O'Connor we might as well just have kept McKinney on.

I'm hoping it's just one eejit speculating and chinese whispers taking over. Very much a case of cutting out the dead wood and replacing it with even deader wood.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 05 May 2012, 1:43 am

I wonder where we'll be when Ruan Pienaar leaves in two years time.

Is Paddy Jackson the real deal? Will Stuart Olding and Blane McIlroy be able to move up to pro level? How long does Paul Marshall have left on the clock and can he handle being first choice? Can we tempt Ian Porter back?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Sat 05 May 2012, 2:07 am

music There are more questions than answers music
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Sat 05 May 2012, 8:17 am

Cari wrote:
Pete330v2 wrote:Hello everyone. This is my first 606 post in over a year and I hope you are all well. Anyway back to the topic in hand, I won't settled for anybody less than Dan Carter to replace iHump. Well if we aim high who knows eh :-)
I do get the awful feeling it'll be the return of the NOC.

This 606v2 will take some getting used to.

PETE IS THAT YOU!???? I hope it is! I've missed you. Yahoo Hug I bet you're made up My Boy (yes, I still would!) is going home Very Happy

...and there's nothing wrong with NOC. He's lovely Wink

Hey Cari tis me indeed, back from the wilderness. I'm more than chuffed you gave us our boy back but feel free to visit him anytime :-)

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 05 May 2012, 8:33 am

Yeah everyone seems pretty certain it will be o'connor coming back. Just can't fathom how he wasn't good enough a year ago but is now. It will put even more pressure on Pienaar and Jackson IMO as first choice and also Pienaar as back up 10. NOC isn't good enough, period.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 9:03 am

Niall O'Connors ok, hes another who got a bit of unfair stick. He's looked decent enough at Connacht however hasn't been able to nail down a starting spot.

Hes not a patch on Humphreys though which makes me think the was Humphreys call to leave rather than the clubs.

Agree with Notch that letting McKinney and Porter go seem like very strange decisions now and unless Wallace and Luke Marshall are seen as fly half cover are half back options look very thin next season.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Sat 05 May 2012, 9:25 am

rodders wrote:Niall O'Connors ok,........

Hes not a patch on Humphreys though which makes me think the was Humphreys call to leave rather than the clubs.

I'd agree, i think he must have realised he wasn't going to be first choice, probably not get another contract... put the feelers out and came up with a decent 3 year contract (hopefully starting) with Irish.

Don't think NOC would be terrible for pro 12,but i'd say if PJ got injured for HEC Ruan would be at 10

That said you never know what Logan/DH will come up with...

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 05 May 2012, 9:31 am

Pity he goes when a new coach might have taken him on a surprise journey back up the ladder again at Ulster.

It happens. But then again, it might also happen at London Irish.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Sat 05 May 2012, 9:34 am

Niall O'Conner is not ok. Any of the stick we gave him was well and truly justified. A few good run outs in a Connacht shirt haven't changed that. I really hope DH has someone else in mind.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 9:43 am

You're a tough task master Willy! Whistle

Justice for O'Connor! Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 05 May 2012, 9:55 am

WillyGilly wrote:Niall O'Conner is not ok. Any of the stick we gave him was well and truly justified. A few good run outs in a Connacht shirt haven't changed that. I really hope DH has someone else in mind.

Agree 100% Willy. Maybe David Humphreys can't stand the thought of a decent fly half at Ulster?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 10:00 am

Niall O'Connor is better than Ian Keatley.

IHumph has had a better season domestically than Ronan O'Gara.

Ulster fans are a bunch of cyber bullies with unrealistic expections of their fly halves.

Discuss.... guinness........ Whistle ...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 05 May 2012, 10:08 am

I think if humph snr had the option to sign a better player he would take it. I don't think there are many options out there but I agree NOC is a backward step. He had plen of gametime here and was given numerous chances. If anything his tackling was worse than Humphreys and his supposed accuracy with the boot disappeared.

Nothing against the lad, I wished him well down in Connacht but he isn't good enough to be in the ulster squad.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 05 May 2012, 10:15 am

The problem is we are struggling to get our heads around this. It feels for us that we lost our first choice fl-half and are looking at NOC/Staunton/etc to replace him.

But In the past few weeks its seemed pretty clear that our first choice fly-half is Jackson. He started a HC semi at 20 and we won!!! Lets not play that down.

Truth is NOC or whoever will be a squad player at best. Maybe occassionally getting a bench spot, and of those occassions, he may occassionally get to come on for the last 20.

It does seem like a backward step, but not when you realise the significance of our brand spanking new 20 yr old fly half who has taken us to a HC final. That is a very big step forward.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 05 May 2012, 10:17 am

Standulstermen wrote:
Nothing against the lad, I wished him well down in Connacht but he isn't good enough to be in the ulster squad.

Might be famous last words, Stand. Elwood loves trying to prove that shoestring budgets and players won't hold him down. I truly admire that in him and am humoured by the sense that in Ireland he's the forgotten 'Irish' coach, when they all talk of the sexy ones across the water.
With a more steady transition from this season to the next one - unlike the season transition from the one before to the present one! - he'll be out to consolidate his plans and ideas and I think Connacht will be hitting harder next season.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 05 May 2012, 10:22 am

Not sure why you're bringing connacht into it fly. They are lower half of the pro 12. We are HEC finalists. There shouldn't be a comparison. I wish the westies all the best and hope they improve but that doesn't change the fact o'connor would most likely be their -3rd choice 10 next year too.

The only comfort (as Clive has mentioned) is that we will have Jackson and Pienaar in front of him next season. Probably paddy wallace too as we need to give marshall and Farrell gametime

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 05 May 2012, 10:33 am

Standulstermen wrote:Not sure why you're bringing connacht into it fly. They are lower half of the pro 12. We are HEC finalists. There shouldn't be a comparison. I wish the westies all the best and hope they improve but that doesn't change the fact o'connor would most likely be their -3rd choice 10 next year too.

Well the idea that low weight in Pro12 suggests low weight in HC performance was kinda killed stone dead this season by Edinburgh. I just wouldn't consign players who play for the westie boys and Elwood to the sump of 'not good enough' so quickly, Stand; that's my main reason for bring Connacht into it - not that I actually DID bring Connacht into it, you did. Wink

Next year won't be a carbon copy of this one - and some of the lower tribes in Pro12 this season might very well be embarrassing a few of us next season.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 05 May 2012, 10:37 am

My judgement of Niall o'connor is based primarily on the 3 odd seasons he spent at ulster. not the half a season at Connacht. In fact if they want to throw us nikora next season I would be Yahoo

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 05 May 2012, 10:50 am

Maybe it's another masterstroke by Humphreys to sign NOC - he is so poor Jackson can't fail to look good. The only other possible explanation why O'Connor would be re-signed is if the IRFU are imposing their new player recruitment edict - that every province must have a player with an " O' " in their name. Whatever the reason it is clear that Niall's last sojourn at Ulster is fresh in fans memories and they aren't pleasant ones. DH will lose a lot of fans' confidence if this goes ahead.

The thing is Ulster don't need a squad 10. If they did why didn't they just keep McKinney? He is already a superior player in most facets of his game to O'Connor. Maybe Pienaar is now seen as the starting HEC 10, but if so why get rid of Porter?

It is at best risky and probably foolhardy to heap the weight of Ulster's next season expectation on an unproven 20 year old. Ulster almost destroyed NOC by doing just that, are they going to make the same mistake again?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by JayMaster3000 Sat 05 May 2012, 12:17 pm

What about Gareth Steenson form Exeter Chiefs?

Pretty much guided them to the Premiership and has been pretty solid as well for the last few seasons, as mostly back up I think. Only 28 and I think he is out of contract.

Could be the one?

JayMaster3000

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 05 May 2012, 12:25 pm

I'm pretty sure Steenson has another year on his contract at Ex.

Mind you, so did iHumph!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 05 May 2012, 1:13 pm

I think people (Aukster) are being too cynical about jackson and his age. What if we are looking at one of our best prospects in recent years. What if he turns around and nabs the 10 shirt off sexton in the next couple of years. Did he do anything in the semi to make you think he's not up to the job?

I know that what i'm saying is ambitious, but I certainly think we should be leaning more to the above mindset than the mindset that he's 'too young and couldnt keep it up for a full season'. I don't believe theres any evidence to doubt his ability to do so.

Patrick lambie was second highest scorer in the Currier Cup at the age of 20, and now at 21 is consistantly keeping Michalak on the bench.

Do we have an inferiority complex to the point we can't fathom that a 20 yr old can play full time professional rugby?

Besides theres plenty to rotate:
Ruan - jackson
marshall - ruan
marshall - jackson

Take your pick. I'm happy with the 9/10 channel next year, but an average squad player 10 needs brought in. I'm not going to lose sleep over the new signings ability.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Sat 05 May 2012, 1:41 pm

clivemcl wrote:
Ruan - jackson
marshall - ruan
marshall - jackson

Take your pick. I'm happy with the 9/10 channel next year, but an average squad player 10 needs brought in. I'm not going to lose sleep over the new signings ability.

You named 3 players for 2 positions and called it plenty!

Has anyone seen much of Olding? Could he be a as good a prospect as Jacko?

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 05 May 2012, 1:56 pm

I'd say if Niall O'Connor comes, it will be on a similar basis to Mike McComish. In case of emergency break glass. Let's not get too bent out of shape about him and please- lets not get too down on the lad.

He won't be in the squad unless we are severely depleted. But I would still rather have several other IQ 10s ahead of him- including Ian Humphreys and James McKinney! The pecking order for 10 in the Heineken Cup would be; Paddy Jackson, Ruan Pienaar and Paddy Wallace.

I would have serious reservations about his return to Ulster, but he has improved in the last year. I don't think he will ever really be good enough for the Heineken Cup but neither are Neil McComb, Mike McComish, Jerry Cronin etc. You'll always need guys to be able to play club rugby and step into the seniors if there is an injury crisis.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 05 May 2012, 2:00 pm

I'm not particularly happy with our strength in depth at halfback, it has to be said. Blane McIlroy does not fill me with confidence, rumours about our new signing at 10 are far from encouraging...

We have three adequate players for 9/10. Thats asking us to go a season with no injuries, suspensions, international call-ups etc. I really, really hope we sign another 10 who is actually good enough to be in the squad for the big games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 05 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Just out of interest. I did notice after the semi at the Aviva when the team was doing the lap, Humphries remained near the tunnel in his long coat chattin with Visser. Like it was a social event rather than his team having just done something amazing worth celebrating.

I remember at the time thinking he was huffing. Now that I think back, I am even more certain!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 05 May 2012, 5:17 pm

So... Niall O'Connor to sign for Ulster then?

I wish him good luck, but he needs to out his past stint at Ravenhill behind him. Unfortunately the negativity of the fans may be harder to outrun. Stuart Olding and Luke Marshall should be considered as his competition.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 05 May 2012, 7:31 pm

clivemcl wrote:I think people (Aukster) are being too cynical about
jackson and his age. What if we are looking at one of our best prospects
in recent years. What if he turns around and nabs the 10 shirt off
sexton in the next couple of years. Did he do anything in the semi to
make you think he's not up to the job?

I know that what i'm
saying is ambitious, but I certainly think we should be leaning more to
the above mindset than the mindset that he's 'too young and couldnt keep
it up for a full season'. I don't believe theres any evidence to doubt
his ability to do so.

Patrick lambie was second highest scorer in
the Currier Cup at the age of 20, and now at 21 is consistantly keeping
Michalak on the bench.

Do we have an inferiority complex to the point we can't fathom that a 20 yr old can play full time professional rugby?

Ruan - jackson
marshall - ruan
marshall - jackson

Take
your pick. I'm happy with the 9/10 channel next year, but an average
squad player 10 needs brought in. I'm not going to lose sleep over the
new signings ability.

Shocked There's an Aukster people? Ian Humphreys to leave Ulster for London Irish - Page 3 479796

I have a high regard for Paddy Jackson having watched his progress all
the way through Methody. He is the real deal and that is precisely why
I'm concerned about him being dropped too soon into the pressure of the
Ulster 10 shirt. A cursory knowledge of the u20s makes it all too clear
why the Ireland youngsters may not be ready for full-on pro rugby.
Generally at the JWC they are two or three years behind their
counterparts physically, so it is pointless comparing him to Lambie or
O'Connor (James!). Paddy has bulked up a lot this season but match
hardness isn't just size. He is also a great student of the game and has a mental toughness that will serve him well.

He came through the HEC semi well, but there was zero pressure on him
because everyone was only too glad it wasn't Humphreys lining out.
One-off games are all well and good but doing it for a whole season is a
totally different matter, especially if there is no-one to take the
pressure off him. Saying Pienaar and Wallace can muck in also increases
their workload and they are critical to the success of Jackson. If PJ
plays, Ruan and PW are likely to be on either side of him so when do
they get rested?

Niall O'Connor hadn't been exposed to much pressure at Limavady Grammar the way Paddy was at Methody, but his honeymoon period was short at Ulster and the pressure all but destroyed his game. He was understudy to Ian Humphreys as well so he didn't get all the flak. I'm confident Paddy Jackson has the ability, and the right attitude. I'm not confident he is ready to be loaded with the pressure yet.

I also find it amazing that in other positions such as openside, posters are calling for a world class NIQ. Openside is the one position that Ireland possible need more depth, and Ulster have Henry who is coming on leaps and bounds, and Birch is showing plenty of promise. Bringing in a Top NIQ here will hamper both of the Ulstermen, who need to build experience. Bringing in a NIQ 10 would help the team and maybe more importantly help Jackson evolve into the player I know he can be and that is what Ireland would benefit most from. Sorry if that is too cynical for some.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 10:06 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:Niall O'Connor hadn't been exposed to much pressure at Limavady Grammar the way Paddy was at Methody

Booo shame on you Aukster! Are you saying only Methody lads are good enough for Ulster?! furious boxing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 05 May 2012, 10:21 pm

Nope

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 05 May 2012, 10:25 pm

Was it 6 or 7 of them in the squad tonight?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 05 May 2012, 10:30 pm

Who are Methody? Are they the source of the UPC?

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 10:31 pm

Only messing Aukster, interesting assessment of Jackson, clearly you know the lad well.

I still think he looks like a potential 2nd 5/8th though,with his pace and strength, but time will tell I suppose.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 10:33 pm

Gibson wrote:Who are Methody?

The bane of my school boy rugby life Gibbo Sad .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 05 May 2012, 10:57 pm

Gibson wrote:Who are Methody? Are they the source of the UPC?

Current holders of both the Schools Cup and Medallion Shield.

That's Senior and Junior Cup to you!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 06 May 2012, 8:04 pm

Being asking around.

Humphreys was told that Ulster could not guaranteed him a renewal of his contract next year when we had so much talent about (Jackson, McKinney, Olding) and Pienaer.

Therefore he was told that if he could find another club he could go a year early.

the pecking order next year will be
Jackson, Pienaer
IQ player
Olding

In 2 years the plan is
Jackson
Olding
IQ player or McKinney

So the player coming in will only be 3rd in the pecking order

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 06 May 2012, 8:07 pm

So...NOC?

And is McKinney leaving?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 06 May 2012, 8:15 pm

My understanding is McKinney is leaving because 2 years in England playing regularly will do him more good than being 3rd choice at Ulrter and playing AIB all year.

If he develops the intent is for him to return

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 06 May 2012, 8:16 pm

I hope they have the same plan for Porter?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun 06 May 2012, 8:23 pm

Methody (along with RBAI) are the side that takes the life out of Ulster Schools rugby. It's funny to the rest of us when they lose.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next