The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets vs Blues

+11
Cardiff Dave
Glas a du
Knowsit17
kingjohn7
thebluesmancometh
Blue & Black
glamorganalun
Shifty
Seagultaf
ScarletSpiderman
wales606
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Scarlets vs Blues - Page 3 Empty Scarlets vs Blues

Post by wales606 Fri 04 May 2012, 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Scarlets v Cardiff Blues

Saturday 5 May 7.30pm kick off at Parc y Scarlets

Blues Team

Cardiff Blues 15 Chris Czekaj 14 Alex Cuthbert 13 Casey Laulala 12 Dafydd Hewitt 11 Harry Robinson 10 Ceri Sweeney 9 Lloyd Williams

8 Andries Pretorius 7 Josh Navidi 6 Maama Molitika 5 James Down 4 Bradley Davies 3 Scott Andrews 2 Marc Breeze 1 Gethin Jenkins

16 Kristian Dacey 17 John Yapp 18 Ryan Harford 19 Macauley Cook 20 Luke Hamilton 21 Richie Rees 22 Dan Parks 23 Gavin Evans

Leigh Halfpenny- shoulder
Michael Paterson- shoulder
Xavier Rush- neck
Ryan Tyrrel - neck
Jamie Roberts- knee
Sam Warburton- shoulder
T Rhys Thomas- neck
Paul Tito- head
Richard Mustoe- hip
Fau Filise- shoulder
Deiniol Jones- retired
Ben Blair- knee
Martyn Williams- shoulder
Tom James- neck

Pretty much an entire first team injured at the moment.

Scarlets Side

Liam Williams
Sean Lamont
Nick Reynold
Stephen Jones
Andy Fenby
Rhys Priestland
Gareth Davies

Rhodri Jones
Ken Owens
Deacon Manu
Aaron Shingler
Dom Day
Keiran Murphy
Josh Turnbull
Ben Morgan

(Emyr Phillips, Phil John, Simon Gardener, Damien Welch, Jonathan Edwards, Tavis Knoyle, Adam Warren, Viliame Iongi)

Last edited by wales606 on Fri 04 May 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Scarlets vs Blues - Page 3 Empty Re: Scarlets vs Blues

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 2:58 pm

wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:Do you know if the Blues are going to sign a back up Flyhalf or are they going to put up with Sweeney?

At one point Sweeney was due to return to Ponty, but now he is staying - So I assume he will remain the backup, with Rhys Patchell being brought in a bit more.

Better hope Tovey stays on form and fit then!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:14 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:Do you know if the Blues are going to sign a back up Flyhalf or are they going to put up with Sweeney?

At one point Sweeney was due to return to Ponty, but now he is staying - So I assume he will remain the backup, with Rhys Patchell being brought in a bit more.

Better hope Tovey stays on form and fit then!

Slightly under top form please - we don't want him off with Wales for most of the season Wink
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 3:18 pm

That's another point - and quite a serious one for the Blues to consider, if Sweeney wasn't considered good enough to displace Robinson, SNK or Parks - then is he going to be good enough to deputise for Tovey in the likely event he's called up for Wales and misses over half the Blues season

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:23 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:That's another point - and quite a serious one for the Blues to consider, if Sweeney wasn't considered good enough to displace Robinson, SNK or Parks - then is he going to be good enough to deputise for Tovey in the likely event he's called up for Wales and misses over half the Blues season

We managed to beat Toulon is France despite Sweeney at 10.

To be honest, Sweeney was a better option than SNK and Parks - he just need a run of games (as was shown when SNK was benched for the second half of the season) - just a pity that Blair wont be there to kick the goals (we really should have kept him!) when Halfpenny is away.

Blair and Halfpenny - the 2 best goal kicking FBs I have ever seen

Sweeney and Tovey - 2 of the worst goal kicking FHs I have ever seen Doh
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 08 May 2012, 3:26 pm

Can Fish kick?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 3:37 pm

I've got to say I very rarely see Sweeney have a good game (unless it's against the Dragons).

And I think you said it yourself Wales606 - The Blues beat teams inspite of Sweeney not because of him and a team looking to finish in the Top6 should be looking for more from their pivot, especially when he'll be responsible for goal kicking and they'll have Evans and Hewitt in the centres (so will probably be looking at Sweeney to create everything)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:39 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Can Fish kick?

Fish has been out of favour, he hasn't played this season. However, Phil Davies is a fan, so we could see him come back in - I don't think he is a place kicker though, and Czekaj isnt.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:41 pm

[quote="Smirnoffpriest"]I've got to say I very rarely see Sweeney have a good game (unless it's against the Dragons).

And I think you said it yourself Wales606 - The Blues beat teams inspite of Sweeney not because of him and a team looking to finish in the Top6 should be looking for more from their pivot, especially when he'll be responsible for goal kicking and they'll have Evans and Hewitt in the centres (so will probably be looking at Sweeney to create everything) [/quote

Evans and Hewitt Doh

We really should have kept Laulaula, I would have prefered to lose Cuthbert and keep Laulaula and Blair to be honest.

Perhaps there will be a signing in the centre, otherwise it will be down to Allen and O.Williams if Hewitt/Evans get injured. Roberts has played about 30mins for the Blues this season, perhaps we will get 60mins with a WC...:/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 08 May 2012, 3:42 pm

wales606 wrote:

Fish has been out of favour, he hasn't played this season. However, Phil Davies is a fan, so we could see him come back in - I don't think he is a place kicker though, and Czekaj isnt.

I have a feeling that Fish will become on of your young-guns that Davies will make his first team (9 Williams, 12 Tovey, 11 Cuthbert, 12 Hewitt/Roberts, 13 Evans, 14 Roberts, 15 Fish).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 08 May 2012, 3:44 pm

Evans was one of the best centres in Wales when Phil Davies was his boss at the Scarlets, so I would not be too suprised to see him get that form back, especially as it looks likely he will be getting enough game time.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 3:44 pm

[quote="wales606"]
Smirnoffpriest wrote:I've got to say I very rarely see Sweeney have a good game (unless it's against the Dragons).

And I think you said it yourself Wales606 - The Blues beat teams inspite of Sweeney not because of him and a team looking to finish in the Top6 should be looking for more from their pivot, especially when he'll be responsible for goal kicking and they'll have Evans and Hewitt in the centres (so will probably be looking at Sweeney to create everything) [/quote

Evans and Hewitt Doh

We really should have kept Laulaula, I would have prefered to lose Cuthbert and keep Laulaula and Blair to be honest.

Perhaps there will be a signing in the centre, otherwise it will be down to Allen and O.Williams if Hewitt/Evans get injured. Roberts has played about 30mins for the Blues this season, perhaps we will get 60mins with a WC...:/

Ohh god I'm getting really confused now - I thought we (the Scarlets) had the O Williams who could play centre (and flyhalf) and thought you had the O Williams who could play 7

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 3:47 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wales606 wrote:

I have a feeling that Fish will become on of your young-guns that Davies will make his first team (9 Williams, 12 Tovey, 11 Cuthbert, 12 Hewitt/Roberts, 13 Evans, 14 Roberts, 15 Fish).

You have Roberts on the wing?

Though I agree Phil could well bring in Fish and Evans, I was impressed with both when they broke onto the scene but question if Evans can refind his form/develop into a quality player after so long in the wilderness

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:51 pm

[quote="Smirnoffpriest"]
wales606 wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:I've got to say I very rarely see Sweeney have a good game (unless it's against the Dragons).

Evans and Hewitt Doh

Ohh god I'm getting really confused now - I thought we (the Scarlets) had the O Williams who could play centre (and flyhalf) and thought you had the O Williams who could play 7

THERE'S A FORWARD CALLED O.WILLIAMS!

I think that must be wrong.

There is an Owen Williams in the Blues academy - http://www.cardiffblues.com/development/academy_squad.php?player=62026&includeref=dynamic

He is 20 and can play wing or (more often) 13 and is apparently very good and has been described as a young Shanks.

He has also played for the Wales 7s. (not sure what his middle initial is though...)

Then there is another Owen Williams in the Scarlets squad - http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/rugby/people.php?player=88081&includeref=dynamic

He is also 20 and is listed as a flyhalf (im sure he appears on the wing aswell though??)

He also plays for Wales 7s.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 08 May 2012, 3:55 pm

The Owen Williams in the Scarlets squad can play centre as well - maybe where the confusion is coming from - there was a discussion on another thread about Owen Williams' that confused the hell out of me and (I think) someone said there was one in the Blues academy who played 7, though I was so confused by that point they could have said he plays Sevens! Erm

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:57 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
wales606 wrote:

You have Roberts on the wing?

Though I agree Phil could well bring in Fish and Evans, I was impressed with both when they broke onto the scene but question if Evans can refind his form/develop into a quality player after so long in the wilderness

Cuthbert is a 14 too - and what about poor halfpenny.

9. Lloyd Williams - (Rhys Downes) (Lewis Jones)
10. Jason Tovey - (Ceri Sweeney) (Rhys Patchell)
11. Tom James - (Harry Robinson) (Chris Czekaj)
12. Jamie Roberts - (Daffydd Hewitt) (Cory Allen)
13. Gavin Evans :/ - (Cory Allen more of a 12) (Owen Williams more of a 13)
14. Alex Cuthbert - (Richard Mustoe) (Leigh Halfpenny)
15. Leigh Halfpenny - (Chris Czekaj) (Dan Fish)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 08 May 2012, 5:22 pm

He was referred to as Owen B Williams for the Sevens because he was from Blues academy. He was a good U20 and a very good Sevens player. Get rid of Gavin Evans and get this guy into the team.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 3:23 pm

It was a really strange night at y Parc. It was almost as though the occassion was so much more important than the actual match. Even though there were loads of tries scored, the game just felt a bit flat to me, just too many errors to really get the crowd going. I did watch it back on tv the day after on S4C though and it came across well on that Smile

Just a really special evening, and it was a great way to say goodbye to all of the departing players, especially Stevo.

And the Scarlets have gone unbeaten by Welsh sides in the Pro12 this season. I like the sound of that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 17 May 2012, 3:38 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:And the Scarlets have gone unbeaten by Welsh sides in the Pro12 this season. I like the sound of that Smile

Unbeaten by a Welsh region since 27th Dec 2010 (and that was a kicking sadly).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 May 2012, 3:40 pm

has it really been that long? (I have blocked out that result!)

That's brilliant! Long may it continue Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3