The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Leinster do the double first, first?

+8
Morgannwg
Gibson
The Great Aukster
LeinsterFan4life
ME-109
rodders
glamorganalun
Pot Hale
12 posters

Go down

Can Leinster do the double first, first? Empty Can Leinster do the double first, first?

Post by Pot Hale Sat 05 May 2012, 9:43 pm

Three weeks. Three matches.

First up Glasgow at the RDS for the Pro12 semi.

Then Ulster at Twickenham for the European Cup.

Then Munster/Ospreys at the RDS/Lansdowne for the Grand Final.

No Celtic (Ireland) team has done it before.

Can their two teams deliver the double?

Last edited by Pot Hale on Sat 05 May 2012, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Can Leinster do the double first, first? Empty Re: Can Leinster do the double first, first?

Post by glamorganalun Sat 05 May 2012, 9:59 pm

I think the third game will be a game too far as two years ago. If they do it, it will be a great achievement. I think Ulster will be th easiest game.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Can Leinster do the double first, first? Empty Re: Can Leinster do the double first, first?

Post by rodders Sat 05 May 2012, 10:10 pm

I think they may win the Rabo...... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 05 May 2012, 10:15 pm

rodders wrote:I think they may win the Rabo...... Whistle

Are you whistling past the graveyard?
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 05 May 2012, 10:35 pm

If ospreys get to the final then I would say its definite. If Munster get to the final then its 60/40 in leinsters favour

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 05 May 2012, 10:37 pm

ospreys would be a very tough game for us because of their scrum.but thats thinking to far ahead we still have to beat a good glasgow team.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sat 05 May 2012, 11:02 pm

And beat a very good Ulster team.....
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 05 May 2012, 11:19 pm

Pot Hale wrote:And beat a very good Ulster team.....
Nonsense. Leinster will walk over Ulster with such ease they should not plan to play anything higher than their third string. Seriously Ulster haven't beaten Leinster in yonks and all the Dublin side has to do is turn up.

They need to have the full XV out against Glasgow to at least give them a chance of the double, and then rest them the following week in preparation for the double decider.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 05 May 2012, 11:46 pm

Its a massive ask. To balance the squad perfectly and to have the mental and physical capacity in us, to the last minute of the Grand Final.

Yes we can do it. It will take luck, skill, timing, utilising 30 players, digging deep into our squad depth and no end of self-belief to get there.

Schmidt has been building towards it for two seasons now.

Then again... We may end up with nowt.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 06 May 2012, 1:03 am

They certainly can and if they do they can put their names down with the all time club greats of Toulouse and the Leicester of 01/02. If they don't I will still consider them to be worthy of the 'greats' category anyway.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 06 May 2012, 1:59 pm

We have a better chance than last year. Because we'll have a home PRO12 final if we make the final.

To be honest I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't win both, because we won't get ourselves into this position every year, and have to take the chance.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Sun 06 May 2012, 3:57 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:We have a better chance than last year. Because we'll have a home PRO12 final if we make the final.

To be honest I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't win both, because we won't get ourselves into this position every year, and have to take the chance.

They had Ospreys at home for the Grand Final in 2009 though.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 06 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Yeah, but in 2009 Cheika's reign had really started to go stale. We weren't scoring tries. We're a much better side and have a stronger squad than in 2009. And Ospreys are slightly weaker than they were then.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 06 May 2012, 4:13 pm

If we make the Pro12 final will we move it to Lansdowne?

That would be epic.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 06 May 2012, 4:18 pm

I don't know. Haven't heard anything about it. Maybe it has to be played in the RDS? Would we fill Lansdowne?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 06 May 2012, 4:34 pm

Id rather it was in the RDS. Incredible atmosphere. Ospreys wouldn't help with numbers at Lansdowne(no offence meant). Now if it was Munster... then yeah. We'd have to.

And THIS time, we parade the European Cup before and after it. IF we win it. None of this false modesty shoite. We may never see these times again. So celebrate it to the max.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 06 May 2012, 4:50 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:I don't know. Haven't heard anything about it. Maybe it has to be played in the RDS? Would we fill Lansdowne?

Soccer on in Lansdowne on the Saturday. IF we we beat Glasgow, then Lansdowne on the Sunday for Munster, or RDS on the Saturday for Ospreys

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 06 May 2012, 5:31 pm

Just want to say - beware Glasgow Warriors. After us - they are the most consistent team in the League. They have lost just one game in the last 17. They are totally focused on this and have been from the very start. So much respect for them. Any lapse and we are feiced. We will need a very strong core to beat them. But we should also use our best League players as well, in the process.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Sun 06 May 2012, 5:47 pm

Leinster A have pretty much dominated the Rabo this year so I don't see too much of problem with their first XV winning the Heineken and then their Rabo team winning the league. Ulster are more than capable of beating them in the Heineken Cup but I think as long as Leinster keep their focus for 160 minutes, they'll walk both tournaments. They just play on a level that I don't think any other team can live with.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 06 May 2012, 5:49 pm

We face Glasgow who we have not beaten in the league this year. IF we win it we face possibly Ospreys, who are the only other team to beat us this year in any comp. AND they did it twice.

No easy games left. Which is why we need as many of our best players as is practical on the pitch for the last 2 or 3 games.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Sun 06 May 2012, 6:25 pm

My nerves are at me already!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down