The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Kean

+4
sodhat
Ent
Josiah Maiestas
GSC
8 posters

Go down

Steve Kean Empty Steve Kean

Post by GSC Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

I can't blame him for taking the job when it was on offer, even if he wasn't ready a PL job puts you on the managerial map so to speak. The fault there lies with the Venky's, who really wanted a yes man in charge, as opposed to Sam Allardyce who has had fallouts with ownership before.

Even when the results weren't coming, I can't blame him for not walking away, you have to back your own ability.

But now he surely has to walk. Accept that you weren't good enough to keep Rovers in the PL and move on. The atmosphere around Ewood Park towards him is nasty enough at the moment, should they make a bad start in the Championship its hard to imagine how bad it could become.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Steve Kean Empty Re: Steve Kean

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue May 08, 2012 12:10 pm

Few fans rip the tickets of Blackburn at half time, can't really understand the point cause there was no home games left. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue May 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Should have walked earlier.

There is backing your ability and there are delusions of grandeur.

He had all the sound bites and cliches but you could see there was nothing behind it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue May 08, 2012 12:15 pm

I can't imagine he would want to stay but seeing his quotes it seems he does. He's crazy to take that level of abuse, and it'll be worse next season. I feel for him, he's just doing his job as best he can and he's taken dogs abuse with humility and determination to improve.

But in the end they were poor for too long - they didn't look at the races in the game yesterday and they've paid the price now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue May 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Rover and out.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

He's crazy to take that level of abuse, and it'll be worse next season.
Don't you think there are good reasons for Blackburn fans to react like they are? Its easy for fans of the big teams to have a pop at smaller teams fans, as those fans have never experienced anything less than 1st or 2nd. Blackburn have been used as a guinea pig, and I feel sorry for the fans; not the manager. Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
He's crazy to take that level of abuse, and it'll be worse next season.
Don't you think there are good reasons for Blackburn fans to react like they are? Its easy for fans of the big teams to have a pop at smaller teams fans, as those fans have never experienced anything less than 1st or 2nd. Blackburn have been used as a guinea pig, and I feel sorry for the fans; not the manager. Wink

If you're insinuating that I support a team that has had it all peachy, you're mistaken!

I agree with you in principle, but I'd like to think they'd have a little more empathy with this guy. Maybe I'm not being hard-nosed enough but to single him out when the players have been shocking (maybe barring Yakubu) seems harsh.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

Ultimately though the Venkys are to blame. An Allardyce managed team would be 10 places higher, which is the fans real problem
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

If & When Steve Kean leaves Blackburn Rovers, It will take some doing for him to find another job in football as a manager. I don't know how he can remain so upbeat about the whole situation, the players they have there were more than capable of finishing above the drop zone. The warning signs were there last season when they stayed up by the skin of their teeth, with Kean getting a helping hand by what points big sam had picked up before he was sacked. Sam got the sack for a lot less

The guy will be walking a thin line next season, and with one mistake the supporters will be back on him again.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Ultimately though the Venkys are to blame. An Allardyce managed team would be 10 places higher, which is the fans real problem

Laugh

Yeah, alright mate.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue May 08, 2012 1:55 pm

10 places is a stretch but I would be happy sticking my money on 5.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue May 08, 2012 1:59 pm

i blame the fans
imgamine trying to play when the people who are supposwed to be supporting you are more interested about moaning about a man that you repect.
also apart from robinson, hoilett and the yak and maybe MGP id have none of that squad in the PL
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Imagine if Alex Ferguson was sacked and replaced with John Barnes... would United fans be happy about that???

Too right they wouldn't. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't blame the Venky's at all - a family run chicken business profiting from the growth within the Asian market.

I blame those that sold Blackburn to the Venky's as well as the regulator for allowing the transaction to go ahead. Clearly the Venky's haven't hardly a clue about running a football club. They were obviously persuaded to buy the club by a number of people who made a big profit from the transaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down