The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao/Bradley 24/7

+4
Sugar Floyd Louis
manos de piedra
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Pound-for-Pound
8 posters

Go down

Pacquiao/Bradley 24/7 Empty Pacquiao/Bradley 24/7

Post by Pound-for-Pound Tue 08 May 2012, 8:05 pm

Debuts on may 19th.

I'm struggling to see how they make this exciting. Two nice guys, no rivalry, no badmouthing, not really great personalities. Will this be the dullest version of the show to date?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao/Bradley 24/7 Empty Re: Pacquiao/Bradley 24/7

Post by Pound-for-Pound Tue 08 May 2012, 8:48 pm

Good to see this article really took off. It's almost as if there are bigger things to talk about today.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 08 May 2012, 9:15 pm

And the fact that they are both quite dull

They are good guys but it doesn't normally make good tv viewing

Pacquiao will talk about religion, phillapines, how good a camp they had and how he will be twice the fighter the was vs Mosley and Marquez

Bradley will say how he has got his number and how good a fighter pacquiao is but he's better

Like clockwork. I only watch mayweather on 24/7 as he is the ony fighter who does what the show wants.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 08 May 2012, 9:19 pm

Im actually kind of the opposite when it comes to 24/7. Mayweather bores me. The same repetitive drivel from him all the time. Hes like an action figure. Press a button and you get the same 3 or 4 catchphrases.

With the quieter guys like Bradley, I dont know much about him so Im more interested and I tend to find a fighter thats being genuine more interesting than one thats just playing up to the cameras.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Tue 08 May 2012, 9:30 pm

As much as i prefer Pac and Bradley as people, I can get everything i want to know about the fight from news articles and training photos, if i'm going to watch a 30 min show dedicated to it it's going to have to be interesting, exciting and/or controversial.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 9:48 pm

Can't say I'm a fan of 24/7 & Paq vs Mosely was incredibly dull, also I don't like the glossyness of it. Showtimes super 6 thing was much better, more behind the scenes footage & more real.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Tue 08 May 2012, 10:17 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Im actually kind of the opposite when it comes to 24/7. Mayweather bores me. The same repetitive drivel from him all the time. Hes like an action figure. Press a button and you get the same 3 or 4 catchphrases.

With the quieter guys like Bradley, I dont know much about him so Im more interested and I tend to find a fighter thats being genuine more interesting than one thats just playing up to the cameras.

Much as I'm a fan I agree Laugh I still watch though.

"When it's all said n done"

"Like I say befoh"

"Tremendous training camp"

"42 have tried, 42 have failed"

"I'm always in a no win-win"

"It's just another day"

Last but not least........ "Hard work, dedication, prayers and belief... and a good team"

Very Happy

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 08 May 2012, 10:23 pm

liked the older 24 7s but its turned big brother ish, i dont give a frick about son and papa bickering, i wanna know what preparations he takes, who he spas with, how he checks out the other guy etc. plus they replay the same clips over and over during the same episode which annoys me.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 09 May 2012, 12:06 am

24/7 in a nutshell is PRETENTIOUS.

Fight camp 360 loyal!

Agree with pretty much everyone else in saying that the Mayweather 24/7s are the only ones worth wasting your time over

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by irishbrads Wed 09 May 2012, 6:17 am

Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Im actually kind of the opposite when it comes to 24/7. Mayweather bores me. The same repetitive drivel from him all the time. Hes like an action figure. Press a button and you get the same 3 or 4 catchphrases.

"Like I say befoh"

"It's just another day"

Last but not least........ "Hard work, dedication, prayers and belief... and a good team"

Very Happy

ha very true, don't forget the scenes with fiddy and the wads of cash in very episode!!!

To be honest i'm not sure what Mayweathers character is, on the 24/7 he is brash, flashy and i find myself cringing at his behaviour and the hangers on. I think to myself if i knew someone like that i would avoid them at all costs.

Then i see him doing interviews where he's very well spoken, very humble, honest and i can't work out which one is the act. On 24/7 he had a couple of sly digs at Cotto, about him sharing the bed an when he mocked his style in the last episode but i felt he had a lot of respect for Cotto also. When he and Roger are being asked about his opponents they almost dismiss them as irrelevancies, they don't know too much about them, never watched them, don't bring much etc etc, you believe this? i mean most other trainers and fighters talk about gameplans before and after fights, surely these guys must study the opponents or do they just rely on Maywetahers god given talents to work it out in the ring?

irishbrads

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 May 2012, 10:23 am

[quote="irishbrads"]
Sugar Floyd Louis wrote:

"Like I say befoh"

"It's just another day"

Very Happy

ha very true, don't forget the scenes with fiddy and the wads of cash in very episode!!!

To be honest i'm not sure what Mayweathers character is, on the 24/7 he is brash, flashy and i find myself cringing at his behaviour and the hangers on. I think to myself if i knew someone like that i would avoid them at all costs.

Then i see him doing interviews where he's very well spoken, very humble, honest and i can't work out which one is the act. On 24/7 he had a couple of sly digs at Cotto, about him sharing the bed an when he mocked his style in the last episode but i felt he had a lot of respect for Cotto also. When he and Roger are being asked about his opponents they almost dismiss them as irrelevancies, they don't know too much about them, never watched them, don't bring much etc etc, you believe this? i mean most other trainers and fighters talk about gameplans before and after fights, surely these guys must study the opponents or do they just rely on Maywetahers god given talents to work it out in the ring?[/quote]

I think its probably somewhere in the middle edging more towards well spoken, humble & honest. I don't want to say the guy is a saint but he's probably not so bad as he's mostly portrayed in this show & in pre & post fight interviews. The guy likes to play up the bad guy, he promotes the fight & as many have said is the biggest draw in boxing love him or hate him.

With regard to the whole Mayweather camp's dismissals of opponents I don't believe it, its partly mind games & partly his brash media boxer persona. This guy is the best prepared boxer in every department today & has been since day one, its why he remains unbeaten, nothing is left to chance. BTW I'm not his biggest fan nor do I find his fights the most entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 09 May 2012, 10:33 am

The "Money" Mayweather character is an act. Designed to be the bad boy of boxing. I recall in his early days he was the golden boy. Always smiling and humble. Then he met a rap mogul (Mark Prince or somethng like that). His next move was to refer to an offer by Arum as "Slave money". He changed his nickname to "Money", started flashuing the cash and became who he is now.

His notoriety increased as well as his purse. It worked as controversy sells.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum