The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...!

+3
eirebilly
mrzimmerman
maestegmafia
7 posters

Go down

Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...! Empty Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu 10 May - 17:04

The 22 year old regular Osprey captain, openside flanker and former Wizard has reached 50 games for the Ospreys in just two years.

He was recognised by Wales and included in training camps throughout 2010, when he was understudy at the O's to Marty Holah, now on his 4th Cap, he is likely to be in the Welsh squad for many years to come.

Quite a remarkable feat for such a young player, and a hell of a talented one too.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu 10 May - 17:27; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...! Empty Re: Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...!

Post by mrzimmerman Thu 10 May - 17:17

I wonder how many he'll have to reach before people learn how to spell his name!?

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...! Empty Re: Justin Tupuric reaches 50 matches for the Ospreys...!

Post by eirebilly Thu 10 May - 17:19

Seriously talented player. At times i even think that he outplays Warburton!!!
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 10 May - 17:20

georgestowersbiceps wrote:I wonder how many he'll have to reach before people learn how to spell his name!?

laughing ...and pronounce it correctly. It's an Eastern European name and no one on TV pronounces it properly. My mother has the same trouble with her surname which ends in "...ic"....although that's not on TV obviously...

Anyway, congrats Tippy clap

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 10 May - 17:28

georgestowersbiceps wrote:I wonder how many he'll have to reach before people learn how to spell his name!?

Spell checker on Apple is not familiar with Eastern European surnames I guess. Apologies to all Tupuric's...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 May - 14:30

Looks like his 51st will be his first championship final.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 12 May - 15:05

Did you see ROG's reaction to being tackled by him? My favourite moment of the match! Anyway, what a great performance, shows you don't have to be a total beefcake to be in the backrow these days.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 12 May - 15:10

georgestowersbiceps wrote:Anyway, what a great performance, shows you don't have to be a total beefcake to be in the backrow these days.

No he is a thinker and an athlete. Not a small bloke though he's around 16 stone and is 6 foot 2 tall.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mrzimmerman Sat 12 May - 15:27

maestegmafia wrote:
georgestowersbiceps wrote:Anyway, what a great performance, shows you don't have to be a total beefcake to be in the backrow these days.

No he is a thinker and an athlete. Not a small bloke though he's around 16 stone and is 6 foot 2 tall.

Is he really? Doesn't look it does he? I wish there was an award for best number 7 in the world that isn't first choice for his country. He'd be a shoe in. If Warburton wasn't captain mind I think Tipuric would have the jersey on form.

mrzimmerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 12 May - 15:33

I've seen Justin. He is 6'2, 16 stones is a bit off though. It's probably more like 15 stone. Small for a flanker in todays age and he looks small on the pitch next to the rest of the pack. I think he is one of the true 'fetcher' type players though and is in the mould of a young Martyn Williams. Very fast and very good at the breakdown.

Nice to have him and Warbs. I think Dan Thomas from the Scarlets will also be hot on their heels in 1-2 years time.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 12 May - 17:02

georgestowersbiceps wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Is he really? Doesn't look it does he? I wish there was an award for best number 7 in the world that isn't first choice for his country. He'd be a shoe in. If Warburton wasn't captain mind I think Tipuric would have the jersey on form.

Steffon Armitage would be pushing him for that award, he's the stand out player for Toulon and in the T14 over all. Another 7 who's also quite "small".

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 17 May - 9:48

yappysnap wrote:
georgestowersbiceps wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Steffon Armitage would be pushing him for that award, he's the stand out player for Toulon and in the T14 over all. Another 7 who's also quite "small".

Not small in "build" though!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down