The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand?

+20
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
geoff998rugby
Brendan
GunsGerms
munkian
Biltong
Gibson
nganboy
Thomond
hugo124
rodders
aucklandlaurie
Morgannwg
Comfort
Mickado
Notch
maestegmafia
nathan
geoff999rugby
Big Mac Michael
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand? - Page 2 Empty Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand?

Post by Big Mac Michael Sat 12 May 2012, 12:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking at Ireland this Six nations, I can't help put wonder, it isn't a question whether New Zealand will win, but just by how much.The tactics Kidney employs are outdated and extremely predictable.
However, looking at Leinster in both Hc and the Rabo, I firmly believe they are the only team that, have the pace,skill and dept to do the impossible and win 2 out of the 3 tests down under.

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand?

Post by Big Mac Michael Tue 15 May 2012, 11:29 am

Ok fine you can say Leinster beating the All Blacks isn't a sure thing but can you at least agree that Ulster aren't good.
Come on Geoff, lets shake hands and agree that Ulster are crap and move on with our lives! Hug vomit egg angel

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are Leinster the only team in the world, that could conquer the mighty New Zealand?

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 15 May 2012, 11:29 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:That isn't really fair. This guy is just looking to wind people up, and has done it in 15 posts. I think it is quite obvious he has absolutely nothing to contribute, other than to try and ruin the forum and annoy people. Is he allowed to get away with that?

Rory, lighten up a little. This week some banter is to be expected - and while BMM's banter is IMO pretty feeble and juvenile, the personal attacks coming back are uncalled for.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 11:32 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:That isn't really fair. This guy is just looking to wind people up, and has done it in 15 posts. I think it is quite obvious he has absolutely nothing to contribute, other than to try and ruin the forum and annoy people. Is he allowed to get away with that?

There has actually been plenty of debate on the thread that is pretty sincere. Why not focus on that?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mac Michael Tue 15 May 2012, 11:33 am

That is really quite unfair as I contributed to this forum with this very popular post, what more can I do and just stating the facts isn't trying to wind people up, I feel sorry for you that you feel that way! Cool

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 11:33 am

Big Mac Michael wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:Big Mac you are a total plonker - give it a rest

Just stating the facts, I guess you can't take it, how unfortunate!
vomit egg angel

When 100% of people think you are talking nonsense, will you at least consider the possibility that you are?

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 15 May 2012, 11:35 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Rory, lighten up a little. This week some banter is to be expected - and while BMM's banter is IMO pretty feeble and juvenile, the personal attacks coming back are uncalled for.

Kiwi, there is a difference between banter and someone creating an account with the sole purpose of winding people up.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 11:37 am

Big Mac Michael wrote:

That is really quite unfair as I contributed to this forum with this very popular post, what more can I do and just stating the facts isn't trying to wind people up, I feel sorry for you that you feel that way! Cool

Someone want to give him the definition of a fact for the third time? Or maybe the kinder option would be to pummel him with dictionaries.

oh and FYI:
pum·mel (pml)
tr.v. pum·meled also pum·melled, pum·mel·ing also pum·mel·ling, pum·mels also pum·mels
To beat, as with the fists; pommel: The angry crowd pummeled the thief. See Synonyms at beat.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 15 May 2012, 11:38 am

Healthy board survive on a good mix of facts, knowledge and banter. If the mix is right then the board thrives.

However if a few people join with tedious, juvenile and pointless contribution it will drive regulars away and a slow decline into banality ensures.
This is exactly what has happened with the Ulster supporters site - nearly all of the good guys have left.

Now one individual is not to achieve this on their own but as moderators this needs monitoring as it doesn't take much for people to get out of the habit of posting. In spite of the time some of us spend on here it is not the real world and is periferal to our daily lives.

Last edited by geoff998rugby on Tue 15 May 2012, 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 15 May 2012, 11:38 am

I dont know if Leinster could beat New Zealand,it probably depends on how many New Zealanders they had in their team.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 May 2012, 11:38 am

Ah come on now lads its only a bit off banter Hug guinness guinness

I'm sure big Mac will be feeling more like a mcchicken sandwich come Sunday morning...... Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mac Michael Tue 15 May 2012, 11:39 am

I don't know why people are saying I just created an account to wind people up.I just have strong beliefs(facts) that I like to voice!

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 11:40 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: I dont know if Leinster could beat New Zealand,it probably depends on how many New Zealanders they had in their team.

Nah Laurie, I'd say Leinster's 1st 15 would do a bit better than the All Blacks did in Munster a few seasons ago, against the giants of the game, Mick O Driscoll and Co. remember that ?

Last gasp try ect ect?

Doh

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 11:41 am

rodders wrote:Ah come on now lads its only a bit off banter Hug guinness guinness

I'm sure big Mac will be feeling more like a mcchicken sandwich come Sunday morning...... Very Happy

Why? Are Munster playing om Saturday? I thought their season was over ? Erm

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 11:42 am

Ok so his repetitive incorrect use of the word 'fact' is surely proof that his sole purpose here is to irritate people. Come on mods. The writings on the wall.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 15 May 2012, 11:42 am

BoyneRFC
yes I remember that and if I remember rightly there were a couple of New Zealanders playing for Munster.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Mac Michael Tue 15 May 2012, 11:45 am

why is everyone going mental over the word "fact" it's just a word , take it like a man!

Big Mac Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 11:48 am

Thorn will be gone next year and Isa's from Fiji, so consider your team invited to a mid-week mullering in Landsdowne, kiwi free !

In all seriousness, we all know how good the ABs are ect ect ... It would be fun to have a midweek game on future tours..

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 15 May 2012, 11:49 am

I've figured it out, you could either be an eejit, or a comedian. Actually a comedian is a bit generous. But I've decided how to look at you. You are humourous.

Fair play Big Mac! thumbsup

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Tue 15 May 2012, 12:06 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Thorn will be gone next year and Isa's from Fiji, so consider your team invited to a mid-week mullering in Landsdowne, kiwi free !

In all seriousness, we all know how good the ABs are ect ect ... It would be fun to have a midweek game on future tours..

Boyne i have to say i am looking forward to the provinces playing against the national teams like it use to be. Also I think that Ireland would be a though place if you played in 3 weeks Ireland and the big three provinces.

I think each of the three would go out believing they could beat any team and it might rub off on the national team.

Problem is that Ireland don't believe they can win but the provinces do.

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 15 May 2012, 12:29 pm

Brendan wrote:
BoyneRFC wrote:Thorn will be gone next year and Isa's from Fiji, so consider your team invited to a mid-week mullering in Landsdowne, kiwi free !

Boyne i have to say i am looking forward to the provinces playing against the national teams like it use to be. Also I think that Ireland would be a though place if you played in 3 weeks Ireland and the big three provinces.

I think each of the three would go out believing they could beat any team and it might rub off on the national team.

Problem is that Ireland don't believe they can win but the provinces do.

Agreed. A return to traditional tours would be a winner. Thing is tho, I am not sure the ABs fancy another bloody nose in Limerick or the Boks a tonking in Dublin !

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 15 May 2012, 12:39 pm

...or the Boks in Connacht

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Tue 15 May 2012, 8:07 pm

haha in fairness I think that the fact people are rising to this sorta thing validates it!
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 15 May 2012, 9:06 pm

Mighty New Zealand...Now theres a fact.

Personally I think both Ulster and Leinster are both two very good teams and am looking forward to watching the final in the comfort of neutrality.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2