The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kessler v Green

+11
OasisBFC
John Bloody Wayne
AlexHuckerby
Commander
Steffan
ShahenshahG
bellchees
BoxingFan88
J.Benson II
Union Cane
Seanusarrilius
15 posters

Go down

Kessler v Green Empty Kessler v Green

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May - 13:37

So, seems the viking warrior will returnt his weekend, finally. Not sure what shape he will be in after allt he injury problems, but assuming he is fit, I see him wearing Green down in this one. Green looked awful in the S6, truly so, and I would expect he has found his level just below the likes of Kessler.

Kessler KO 11

What you think? Also, where does KEssler go, assuming he wins this. LH is perilous division for him IMO. Dawson beats him, Bhop too IMO and Campillo. Might beat Cloud though

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Kessler v Green Empty Re: Kessler v Green

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May - 13:39

Assuming that Kessler wins, how about a crack at the WBO title?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May - 13:47

Allan Green is useless. Barely above clubfighter level.

Kessler by mid round TKO.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May - 13:56

Yeah, Kessler v Clev would be great. is it likely though?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 15 May - 14:01

I wouldn't suggest that Warren would avoid it, but Warren would avoid it, as Kessler is a professional boxer after all.

If Clev did beat Kessler it would sink the prospects for Clev vs Froch though I would think, and that's a fight I'd love to see.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May - 14:06

I doubt Warren would want Kessler near Clev anytime soon unless the Dane declines rapidly.

The LHW division is very weak at the moment. Most of the talented fighters are at SMW. If Kessler is still as good as his last fight suggested, than he'd comfortably beat the likes Pascal, Shumenov, Cloud and Clev.

Dawson - Kessler would be good to see. I'd edge towards Dawson but not by much.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May - 14:20

Pascal would give Kess serious trouble.

Dawson would beat him comfortably IMO.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 15 May - 14:36

Kessler to easily KO Green somewhere around the time that Johnson did.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May - 14:46

Seanusarrilius wrote:Pascal would give Kess serious trouble.

Dawson would beat him comfortably IMO.

I think Pascal's ambush style would suit a textbook puncher like Kessler. It would be a good fight but I'd favour Kessler as I think he's overall just a superior boxer. Given that he also beat the man that beat Pascal at SMW, I can't see why he shouldnt be confident of winning.
Dawson is a bit of an enigma. I personally don't rate him as highly as others do. His best win was against a possibly weight-drained Adamek and he was out on his feet by the end of that fight. Other than that, you've got wins against relics like Hopkins, Tarver, Johnson and a loss to a fairly ordinary fighter in Pascal.
I'd favour him to beat Kessler due to his physical advantages but wouldnt be surprised whatever happens.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May - 15:02

Kessler is stepping up to LH and against Dawson he would have not one physical advantage. Dawson does not live up to his talent but that said, he is still a very good fighter. PAscal may have lost to Froch, but he too has been campaigning at LH a lot longer, is fit and young and could prob open up those cuts on Kessler. Both good fights, but i favour Dawson and Pascal would be a 50-50. Also think Bhop would bully Kessler on th einside and UD him

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 15 May - 15:09

I think Style wise Hopkins and Dawson would be bad for Kessler and he'll look as bad as he did against Ward, but with less headbutts. Can see him outworking Pascal though which would be a good fight and he is just better than Cloud and Cleverly so I would favour him to win against both of them, robbery aside.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 15 May - 15:59

Seanusarrilius wrote:Kessler is stepping up to LH and against Dawson he would have not one physical advantage. Dawson does not live up to his talent but that said, he is still a very good fighter. PAscal may have lost to Froch, but he too has been campaigning at LH a lot longer, is fit and young and could prob open up those cuts on Kessler. Both good fights, but i favour Dawson and Pascal would be a 50-50. Also think Bhop would bully Kessler on th einside and UD him

Fair points. I guess it depends on how fresh Kessler still is and how comfortable he is at the weight. I can't see a fight with BHop taking place. He should just retire as he's now firmly in the "who needs him" camp.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May - 16:15

J.Benson II wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Kessler is stepping up to LH and against Dawson he would have not one physical advantage. Dawson does not live up to his talent but that said, he is still a very good fighter. PAscal may have lost to Froch, but he too has been campaigning at LH a lot longer, is fit and young and could prob open up those cuts on Kessler. Both good fights, but i favour Dawson and Pascal would be a 50-50. Also think Bhop would bully Kessler on th einside and UD him

Fair points. I guess it depends on how fresh Kessler still is and how comfortable he is at the weight. I can't see a fight with BHop taking place. He should just retire as he's now firmly in the "who needs him" camp.

Don't know why anyone would want to get involved with Bhop at this stage. However, there are those who want the name Hopkins on their resume. Take someone like Campillo, who was robbed v Cloud in many peoples opinion. He would catapult himself into a much wider category of notoriety if he beat Bhop, but it would be ugly and Bhop might even rough him up enough to win. The only fight I would be interested in seeing Bhop fight now would be Cloud, because i think he could beat him and not look ugly doing it. But Cloud is fighting Pascal, so can't happen.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 16 May - 15:28

http://www.boxingscene.com/allan-green-i-break-kesslers-ass-into-two-halves--52920

HAHAHAAH

I was why so much Poopie came out of his mouth. His bum is sealed shut.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 16 May - 16:20

Haha. Green is hilarious

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 16 May - 16:26

Must admit I never knew Kessler had a colostomy bag

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sat 19 May - 23:59

Where does Green go from here?

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 20 May - 2:02

Commander wrote:Where does Green go from here?

Hospital then the job centre. That was a bad one.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 20 May - 17:34

Great knockout from Kessler. Glad my favourite Supermiddleweights career is back on track thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 20 May - 18:08

Steffan wrote:Great knockout from Kessler. Glad my favourite Supermiddleweights career is back on track thumbsup

That was a KO of the year contender. I wouldn't get to carried away with Kessler at the moment though he was genuinely hurt in the 1st round against a less than top drawer opponent. I do like Kessler and hope he can add some excitement to the Light Heavyweights as Dawson vs Hopkins was hardly a great advertisement for the division.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 May - 18:19

KO of the year contender here boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qff0NKSa_oY (It's in Russian but HD...)

Really amazing left hook the way Green fell was bad, heavy heavy knockdown, Green just ain't world class.

Mind you he did have him on the canvas in the first, Green will always have a punchers chance against anyone at LHW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 20 May - 20:30

This fight did make me believe everything Green said about being drained at super middle. He looked huge and very imposing, he's just not that good. Amazing KO!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 May - 20:45

John Bloody Wayne wrote:This fight did make me believe everything Green said about being drained at super middle. He looked huge and very imposing, he's just not that good. Amazing KO!

Totally agree.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 20 May - 22:30

thought kessler was VERY disrespectful celebrating like that when green as face down on the canvas. regardless of what was said before, he should have checked green was ok.

price was a perfect gent, he ko'd sexton then instantly checked if he was ok before celebrating.

in the heat of the moment it will happen - but kessler celebrated, looked at green still out of it after a good few seconds and carried on celebrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjlRgeQYsNw

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 20 May - 22:34

OasisBFC wrote:thought kessler was VERY disrespectful celebrating like that when green as face down on the canvas. regardless of what was said before, he should have checked green was ok
Kessler also told Danish Sports TV 'Hvis...han dør...han dør' which roughly translates to 'If he dies...he dies'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 20 May - 23:41

Kessler was celebrating before Green hit the canvas.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 21 May - 13:29

Steffan wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:thought kessler was VERY disrespectful celebrating like that when green as face down on the canvas. regardless of what was said before, he should have checked green was ok
Kessler also told Danish Sports TV 'Hvis...han dør...han dør' which roughly translates to 'If he dies...he dies'

Well there we are. Kessler not the perfect gentelman after all. I also thought the celebrations were bad form. Reminded me a bit of the highly overrated Manny Pacquiou vs Ricky Hatton KO.

What is wrong with Kessler and all those tats? They look grim.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 21 May - 13:32

Super D Boon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Well there we are. Kessler not the perfect gentelman after all. I also thought the celebrations were bad form. Reminded me a bit of the highly overrated Manny Pacquiou vs Ricky Hatton KO.

What is wrong with Kessler and all those tats? They look grim.

to be honest i thought steffan just went to google translate and turned a rocky quote into danish.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Mon 21 May - 22:15

Absolute perfect punch... Kessler knew it was over before Green even hit the canvas.

Kessler clearly seems to be packing some power at LH and if the injuries can hold up may well be a force cause Green certainly aitn glass chinned by any means.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 21 May - 23:04

great finish but I do agree it was not on how long it took him to check on green. Spot on about pac man as well boon. That was the time I went off him. Price was top draw the other night. They are all in it to win but at the end of the day they are all risking their lives when they step in the ring. Bit more respect would be nice.

Having said that don't want to put too much of a dampner on it. Should be some good line ups to come from this.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down