The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavanga extends Dragons stay

+2
Biltong
DRAGONONPARADE
6 posters

Go down

Chavanga extends Dragons stay Empty Chavanga extends Dragons stay

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Wed 16 May 2012, 8:26 am

Just read on Dragons forum Tondi is staying at the Dragons next season.
Backs looking good wiyh Prydie and Evans signings announced yesterday, some grunt up front now please and we'll have a happy summer break glad to see the deals done early, must want us to buy our season tkts earlier than ever

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Chavanga extends Dragons stay Empty Re: Chavanga extends Dragons stay

Post by Biltong Wed 16 May 2012, 8:31 am

Can anyone tell me how he has been doing?

All I saw from him was a player with a hell of a lot of pace, scored 6 tries on debut for the springboks and then dissappeared into the Wilderness.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Wed 16 May 2012, 8:41 am

Very exciting player to have in your side scored a few tries for us mainly running on to chips over top. This is because he,s so fast every time he has the ball in hand defenders just stick out an arm and tackle him around the neck.
I think he'll be superb for us next season now the settling in period finished and we've signed some other quick backs to take some pressure of him

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Wed 16 May 2012, 9:12 am

Shame that we never work an overlap for him. I know he's going to be closely marked due to his blistering pace but we really not use him well. We hardly ever kick into space for him to chase. He's always shipped rubbish ball n he gets smashed. Sort it out Edwards!!

His defence is emence, really throws himself into the tackle n makes a lot of important cover tackles to.

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 16 May 2012, 9:18 am

Well that's good to hear, his defence was always a little suspect as he is a lithe fellow, so if he is throwing himself about then that shows some stern commitment from him.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 May 2012, 10:08 am

youngguns6 wrote:Shame that we never work an overlap for him. I know he's going to be closely marked due to his blistering pace but we really not use him well. We hardly ever kick into space for him to chase. He's always shipped rubbish ball n he gets smashed.

It's so frustrating, isn't it? So many times we've asked him to run through defenders and that's not his game. Give him space and he's lightning.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Wed 16 May 2012, 10:39 am

its been a good couple of days for Dragon signings. When every I see the Dragons play you alwyas feel Chavanga could score when he's given the ball.

I think that Dragons will be fine next season as long as they avoid injuries as per usual

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 16 May 2012, 11:55 am

biltongbek wrote:Well that's good to hear, his defence was always a little suspect as he is a lithe fellow, so if he is throwing himself about then that shows some stern commitment from him.

The speed with which he chases ball usually panicks the opposing 10/15 into just booting the ball away, its lovely to watch OK
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down