The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wont quite get there's

3 posters

Go down

The wont quite get there's Empty The wont quite get there's

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:09 pm

Ok

So we have a lot of up and comera and thos on the cusp at the moment, it would seem. the Olympians, the like of Brook, clev, Murray,Macklin,Rhodes et al sitting just on the verge of the world honours, but whom in your opinion wont quite make it. Predicitions peeps. But which of our up and comers are NOT world class and waht holds them back?

Here are some that for me wont quite make it

Macklin I am sorry but he has had several poor performances in a row now and looked flat in the process, no real power and could be ko'd by anyone with strength as he doesnt avoid too many either. Loss to Sturm then big tear up with Barker is his level.

Barker, Euro level at best and once macklin is beat by Sturm will be his best payday opp. Lacks power in my opinion and can be hit, will be his downfall on world scen if he gets there.

John Murray, similar to Macklin really, admire his heart and believe, but he has face no one of class, not anyone in a 30 odd fight career, again no real power at the weight and only gets accumalitive stoppages really, again he is very easy to find and i think mitchell would outbox him over twelve if his head was right. Euro champ

These are just a few in my opinion

How do you gus see it?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The wont quite get there's Empty Re: The wont quite get there's

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

I agree about Macklin and Barker just not good enough. Think Rhodes is unlucky that it is Alvarez he is fighting. He won't get a decision in Mexico and don't think he can KO Alvarez.
Can see Cleverly beating Braehmer the German isn't that good, imo he would struggle against the top guys at that weight.
Brook is a tough one because it's a tough division although I would give him a good chance against Zaveck or Senchenko. Pac is not even worth thinking about. Berto would be good to watch but think Berto would beat Brook.
Murray is a tough one he needs to be moved on to world level now because he is going stale. I've said before I would like to see him fight Mitchell but it's a sideways step for murray not going to get him any closer to a world title shot.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:30 pm

agree about murray- think his last fight against Ouazghari was quite frustrating to watch, he had his opponent hurt at times and could have finished him off- but kept taking his foot of the accelarater whenever he had him hurt. i think against better opposition he won't get away with a performance like that

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 04 Apr 2011, 6:34 pm

Would like to see Murray up against Rios next he has just really moved up to world class and is an aggressive come forward fighter like Murray.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

murray wont make it on the world scene i dont thnk. Rios would wear him down but it would be great while it lasted.

rhodes i like and he desrves his shot, but in mexico i see him losing a UD, but no shame in that, altho alvarez does have flaws if he can find them

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down