The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer wishes/reality

+4
JamesLincs
Gregers
Josiah Maiestas
Ent
8 posters

Go down

Summer wishes/reality Empty Summer wishes/reality

Post by Ent Fri May 18, 2012 7:12 pm

So the summer transfer window is approaching fast and with a major championship in sight most clubs will look to get their business done sooner rather than later.

What are your wishes for the summer for your team; which players could take you to a title challenge/cl place/avoid relegation - who would be an expensive mistake?

Which manager will reverse your fortunes, should the current one be sacked?

The key question - in reality what do you think will happen.

I'm a united fan, don't think it will take much for us to challenge for the league again but we are light years from a serious CL challenge.

Wishful thinking:
Hazard, unproven and expensive but could be worth a gamble and would be nice to pip the sugar daddy clubs to a highly rated player for once.

A centre midfielder - shows the mammoth task at hand when even in fantasy land I can't think of one.

Avoiding Tiote and Gaitan, selling the Da Silva twins.

Reality:
Kagawa from Dortmund, not seen much of him but looks a decent player and would mean we could get rid of Park.

Tiote, the rumours won't go away and whilst I don't rate him one bit I can see us parting with stupid cash for him.

Gaitan, not seen anything to suggest this guy is a player at all and a huge fee mooted but the rumours just won't go away.

Last edited by Ent on Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ent

Back to top Go down

Summer wishes/reality Empty Re: Summer wishes/reality

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 pm

The wish for my team:

decent attacking left back, younger strikers given more of a run in the team.

Reality:

stick with the same, mid-table/playoffs
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:The wish for my team:

decent attacking left back, younger strikers given more of a run in the team.

Reality:

stick with the same, mid-table/playoffs

Who is your team?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri May 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Reality: Marin and De Bruyn so can't complain there. Both look like great players.

Hopefully: A midfield box to box player, the rumours of Yaya finally joining us would re-invigorate us so much. If not then a holding midfielder who is better than Mikel. Also a decent right back.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 pm

spurs must buy a central defence. weve not had a settled back two since i can remember. dawson injury prone, king we dont even need to explain about, gallas way over the hill. kaboul is our only ever present cb.

if we can sign adebayor then id say were ready, i could possibly cope with gomes coming back in if freidel has had enough. harry will need to rotate the midfield alot more next season. the inclusion of another player may help, hopefully he wont allow pienaar to go out again

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Ent wrote:Tiote, the rumours won't go away and whilst I don't rate him one bit I can see us parting with stupid cash for him.

Typical Man Utd fan response regarding a player from outside the top 4. Basically been a sensational signing and a significant reason why Newcastle united have been so successful this season. Arguably the second best out and out holding midfielder behind Parker in the Premier League this season. I remember him absolutely dominating Wayne Rooney in our 3-0 win over United this season, but I'm guessing you didn't watch that game or any of Newcastle's this season.

Also I don't know why your unhappy about being linked with Tiote. Your being constantly linked with Kagawa & Diame.....hardly world class players.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I'd take Tiote over Parker
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 pm

John couldn't agree more about Tiote.

If Man Utd. do want him I hope he thinks long and hard about going. Chiek is the main reason we finished so high in the league and whilst he's not Ya Ya Toure he ain't that far behind in terms of what he offers. keep him and that'll go a long way to ensuring another great season on Tyneside.

Unfortunately SAF is a bit wiser than your average MU fan so wouldn't be surprised if he is on their shopping list.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I'd take Tiote over Parker

I have never rated Parker myself. A glorified trier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri May 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Parker never cut it at a big club, Chelsea and Newcastle he wasn't very good, did well at Charlton and West Ham.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri May 18, 2012 10:33 pm

I think Tiote is a very good player 9I'm a Utd fan) and would love him at United. Crucially, he is also good technically, rather than a guy who just fouls people and breaks up play. However, I think we'd be looking at 20-25m for him and that is huge amount. But if you want the best you have to pay top dog these days.

Wishes:

Schweinstiger-playmaker
Falcao-Unbelievable season, scoring in the big games and is very good in the air and in one on ones. Will be a star at a real big club one day
Lham-LB, for me he is the best full back, whether it be left or right back in the world. Internationally he is flawless and for Munich he is flawless, when going forward and defending.

Realistically:

Kagawa-Not dissapointed in any respect, if we get this guy for a fee I'm hearing in the region of just 7m (Due to his contract). One of the brightest up and coming play makers in the world today, and would mean we could move Park on as he would be our main asset in the Asian market.

Clyne/Some French guy at Lille-as a rb

Baines at LB-Again would be a good signing, not at his peak yet and would be an ideal replacement for Evra.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 am

John wrote:
Ent wrote:Tiote, the rumours won't go away and whilst I don't rate him one bit I can see us parting with stupid cash for him.

Typical Man Utd fan response regarding a player from outside the top 4. Basically been a sensational signing and a significant reason why Newcastle united have been so successful this season. Arguably the second best out and out holding midfielder behind Parker in the Premier League this season. I remember him absolutely dominating Wayne Rooney in our 3-0 win over United this season, but I'm guessing you didn't watch that game or any of Newcastle's this season.

Also I don't know why your unhappy about being linked with Tiote. Your being constantly linked with Kagawa & Diame.....hardly world class players.

Don't take it personally I just don't rate the guy especially not for the fee mooted.

Seen him live and on tv any time they've been on and feel he lacks technique and positional sense.

Add that to the fact that personally I don't rate defensive midfielders and you can see why I am hesitant.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Sat May 19, 2012 1:51 am

Villa fan. Got to get a coach sorted and soon. I find the list of possible candidates very underwhelming. Although most of them are probably a step up from McLeish.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down