The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen?

+6
ChequeredJersey
HERSH
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ScarletSpiderman
gowales
idris
10 posters

Go down

Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen? Empty Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen?

Post by idris Thu 24 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Would be nice to see a Aviva winner v Pro 12 winner & or a Heineken winner v Amin winner before the start of the new season.

idris

Back to top Go down

Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen? Empty Re: Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen?

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 1:08 pm

Heineken Winner vs Super XV winner would be the obvious one.

Back to top Go down

Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen? Empty Re: Rugby super cup(s). Would it ever happen?

Post by idris Thu 24 May 2012, 1:12 pm

That one could be in Dubai or Hong Kong.

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu 24 May 2012, 1:19 pm

Maybe. Twickenham, Eden Park etc.. would make more sense though

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 24 May 2012, 3:05 pm

gowales wrote:Maybe. Twickenham, Eden Park etc.. would make more sense though

Surely the Aviva Stadium would make more sense seeing as to win the HEC you have to be Irish.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 24 May 2012, 3:14 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
gowales wrote:Maybe. Twickenham, Eden Park etc.. would make more sense though

Surely the Aviva Stadium would make more sense seeing as to win the HEC you have to be Irish.

And given that the Blues are stone dead last in Super XV, Eden Park doesn't make much sense either.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 3:21 pm

idris wrote:Would be nice to see a Aviva winner v Pro 12 winner & or a Heineken winner v Amin winner before the start of the new season.

Why?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 May 2012, 3:23 pm

I'd like S15 vs HEC winners. No point in AP vs RABO- that match could occur in the HEC anyway
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 3:25 pm

the HC v Amlin winner would be pointless too.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 May 2012, 3:44 pm

And hypothetically one sided
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 24 May 2012, 3:50 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:And hypothetically one sided

Just like the HC then, I've said it once and I'll say it again the HC needs to be restructured to eliminate poor sides like Ulster. Very Happy
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 24 May 2012, 3:55 pm

HERSH wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:And hypothetically one sided

Just like the HC then, I've said it once and I'll say it again the HC needs to be restructured to eliminate poor sides like Ulster. Very Happy
And bath Hug

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 May 2012, 3:55 pm

That is true. I think the best thing to do is to give a bye to the QFs to 4 randomly allocated English sides, including the 2 AP finalists though. As our league is so much harder we should get to skip the early stages of the HEC
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 May 2012, 3:57 pm

By the way, in case anybody's sarcasm radar is failing today, my last post was in no way serious. I hope that it's clear but you never know
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 24 May 2012, 3:57 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I'd like S15 vs HEC winners. No point in AP vs RABO- that match could occur in the HEC anyway

I've always championed this idea. Rugby league do it and with Union the bigger game, it would be a real big deal and could be played, more likely, at the Aviva or Stade De France, would be a massive money making game also.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu 24 May 2012, 6:57 pm

Are we being sarcastic? Oh ok.

I think the Irish sides should have to play derby matches against each other two hours before they play a HC match. This could replicate the tiredness of the English and French sides, so we all play poor quality rugby. Everybody wins.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 24 May 2012, 7:32 pm

Great idea
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 25 May 2012, 2:52 am

I think a difficult part of this sort of game is making it mean as much as fans want it to. League's World Club Challenge is a good game, but the timing undermines it as inevitably the teams that won the UK or Oz title have changed by the time the game is played. I suspect while having some meaning for the players involved, winning the Super League or NRL is the pinnacle event.

Still, there is an appetite for it in Rugby, and every higher level comp started as a novelty as some point.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down