The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone still awake?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone still awake? Empty Anyone still awake?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat May 26, 2012 2:28 am

Nightshift tonight, staking out my new mark, anyhoo just wanted to talk boxing have a few questions...

1) Ricardo "El Finito" Lopez? How come a man with such a record is a mystery to many. I typed in Ricardo Lopez on google and got someones facebook page. Not the same guy. Obviously this guy could bang and had an un beaten record with only 1 draw yet I am just finding out who he is.

2) Would any heavyweight in the history of the sport beat The Ali that destroyed Williams?

3) Could boxing learn something from WWE. i mean like those overly dramatic interviews before fights, crazy pre planned and FILMED story lines leading up to a fight, retirement matches for fighters who just wont quit boxing (Holy,Jones jnr) but everything that happens in the ring is 100% REAL.

Just random questions.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Anyone still awake? Empty Re: Anyone still awake?

Post by manos de piedra Sat May 26, 2012 9:16 am

1) Im probably as guilty as anyone for not really following Lopez when he was active. But I have always struggled to get into those really low weights for the most part. I just think the quality down there is awfully diluted. Not a whole lot of people can make these really low weights to begin with, but then you have about 4 weight classes separated by a handful lbs and seldom do the best take on the best with most of the top asian guys down there staying domestic. It all adds up to questionable quality overall I think. Lopez was probably the exception to the rule but still struggle to really get a measure of the calibre of opposition he was facing much like the more recent Wonjonkam.

2) Hard to say. I wouldnt bet on it. Maybe Joe Louis at his punch perfect best or the mythical Prime Mike Tyson?

3) Haye v Audley was supposed to be a loser retires from boxing match wasnt it? Not to mention the world tag team champions Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko!

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:20 pm

I am actually asleep Onetwo, but great thread title, think I'll borrow it for the time I post a write-up of the next Wladimir contest

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat May 26, 2012 1:33 pm

I just plant seeds mate.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Ricardo was smaller than small so no press coverage.

The Tyson who beat Spinks or Thomas would have given Ali fits.

Chisora Haye?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 26, 2012 1:35 pm

(msg deleted)

Last edited by andygf on Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat May 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Ricardo sold out arenas.

The Tyson you mention did nothing in those 2 fights to suggest he would pose a threat to the ultra quick Ali back then.

Chisora v Haye is very close.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 26, 2012 1:42 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Ricardo sold out arenas.

The Tyson you mention did nothing in those 2 fights to suggest he would pose a threat to the ultra quick Ali back then.

Chisora v Haye is very close.

He was a King undercard fighter.

Tyson 86-90 would have given any HW in history a nightmare. Ali would have beaten him though, but Mike would have kept it interesting.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down