The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back?

+3
User 774433
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
7 posters

Go down

Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back? Empty Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back?

Post by hawkeye Sun 27 May 2012, 12:23 am

Murray doesn't understand why everyone is making such a fuss about his back. This is what he had to say about it

“Look, everyone has niggles,” Murray said. “People are making a massive deal about it; I’m not. I’ve had a problem with my back, Rafa’s had a problem with his knees, Novak had a problem with his back last year.

“You miss a tournament, you have one bad tournament afterwards, then people say, ‘Oh, this back problem is threatening my career.’ But it’s not. It’s just a problem I’ve got to deal with and at the end of the year I’ll get time to rest and recover and let it get better.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9292445/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-dismissess-fitness-talk.html

So that means everythings good then.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back? Empty Re: Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back?

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 1:13 am

Good on him for playing it down. If you play you're fit, no excuses.

If it was Nadal we'd never hear the end of it Rolling Eyes

ghost

emancipator

Last edited by emancipator on Sun 27 May 2012, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back? Empty Re: Why Is Everyone Making Such A Fuss About My Back?

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 27 May 2012, 3:25 am

Nadal is the greatest player who win even when has fitness issues, and he loses juct coz he had fitness issues, so he is a champion anyways, coz he loses only when he is unfit and wins slams even when he is unfit. thumbsup Laugh Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 27 May 2012, 8:31 am

What the flying **** are you on about IC.
No offence, but that post was ridiculous.
My rule is if you play you play, injuries are no excuse.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 27 May 2012, 8:32 am

Actually to be fair the first five words made sense, after that it lost logic. Wink

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 27 May 2012, 9:23 am

emancipator

I normally respect your posts but can you cut out the old "wum" expression Nadull... its tasteless and I would have thought those days are gone from this site. I would be most grateful you understand

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 10:33 am

I am innocent...

Free meeeeeeeeee....

ghost

emancipator - freedom fighter and spiritual Guru to Ghandi, MLK, and Mandela

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 27 May 2012, 10:37 am

Thank you Hug

(cant vouch for my smiley´s you understand)

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 10:49 am

It Must Be Love wrote:...My rule is if you play you play, injuries are no excuse.
That's how it should be. Most players have niggly little complaints which disappear once the body is warmed and stretched, and flooded with adrenoline (epinephrine) and endorphins.

Of course if Murray has to pull out because of an injured back, and has to pull out of the rest of the season, missing Wimbledon etc, then we can call him a wuzzock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 27 May 2012, 11:06 am

Hm, Not sure about this. He claims to be trying to play it down, then says he'll need until the end of the year to get it better, what an ready made excuse for a potential poor performance at RG and Wimbledon.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 11:17 am

Henman Bill - at Murrays stage in his career, he can't afford a lengthy layoff. He is not going to win Roland Garros this year, and is unlikely ever to. However, Wimbledon, US Open and AO should be targets, which they won't be if he rips his back.

In Murrays favour we haven't yet had a break-through player to challenge Murray's fourth place, and at this stage it is still not clear whether Tomic/Raonic/Harrison are the ones to make that top four transition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 May 2012, 11:26 am

I'd give Murray the benefit of the doubt; he's not one to talk a lot about injuries.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 27 May 2012, 12:04 pm

emancipator wrote:I'd give Murray the benefit of the doubt; he's not one to talk a lot about injuries.
I'd go along with that.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 27 May 2012, 5:25 pm

I like that Murray is playing it down. I've always liked that about Murray, he rarely uses injuries as excuses (unlike sone others) and clearly doesn't want it to be the main focus.

That said, I think it might be worse than he's letting on. His movement has been so laboured for the last month. With Ferrer in his quarter I think progressing beyond the last 8 would be tough anyway, but I think we may see him exit even earlier than that given form and his back.

As long as he's ok by Wibledon I'll be happy.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down