The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Mixed Bag

2 posters

Go down

A Mixed Bag Empty A Mixed Bag

Post by yloponom68 Tue 29 May 2012, 2:52 am

Interested to see the Mixed Draw come out today - surprise, there's Serena, playing with Bob Bryan! Great to see, and a prelude to the Olympics, I would imagine. Only "shame" is that the semi could be v brother Mike, playing with Peschke. Though I think Peschke would be the "weaker" link in that one.

Great to see a couple of new pairings in there as well.

Mixed tends to be the least formful of the Major events, though alot of that comes down to Super Match Tiebreaker, rather than the played out full set.

Top seeds Mirnyi and Huber should be useful, Nestor and Petrova, and the solid Srebotnik and Zimonjic. I only hope there is some mixed available, other than MP for the title. May get some air time with Serena playing, who knows? But great to see her in the event, all the same.

Mixed in Paris was Navratilov'a 1st Major title (1974 w/Molina, Columbian) and McEnroe (1977 w/Carillo, Douglaston NY). Anywho, just a "change of pace...."

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

A Mixed Bag Empty Re: A Mixed Bag

Post by laverfan Tue 29 May 2012, 3:27 am

At one point there was talk of Federer-Hingis. Mahut-Mladenovic reminds me of Hopman Cup 2011.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 11:50 am

Wonder if Jamie Murray will rekindle his partnership with Jankovic? chin

Good to see Serena in there.

Nadal being friends with Rory McIlroy could he not ask Caroline to partner Rafa?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down