The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread

+7
Full Credit
FerN
kiakahaaotearoa
doctor_grey
aucklandlaurie
Biltong
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
11 posters

Go down

Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread Empty Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 01 Jun 2012, 7:29 am

See here for the v2Journal preview: http://www.v2journal.com/super-xv-2012-preview-round-15.html

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread Empty Re: Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread

Post by Biltong Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:27 am

Me thinks the Waratahs will win their match, The Sharks will win by more, the rest I agree with you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread Empty Re: Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 01 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

Crusaders 51 Hurricanes18

James Haskell got yellow carded this time for playing the ball on the ground, surely Jamie joseph can school him in the finer points of being a looseforward?

in 'Stralia Brumbies 27 beat the Rebels 19.

Welsh boy Delve had a good game, but I do get mesmerised by the quality passing of Brumbies half back Nick white

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:06 am

Blues-Chiefs
Not a bad match at the 30 minute mark (10-13 to the Chiefs at this point). Not the most skillfully played match I have ever seen, but pretty entertaining. Nice to see a big crowd for the match.

Why does Cruden always remind me of a candidate to be the next Rain Man?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:14 am

Now, 13-20 to the Chiefs.
Interesting, two yellow cards for tip tackles, one against the Blues then almost immediately one against the Chiefs.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:08 pm

Sometimes a bye can affect your momentum. It seemed that it worked well for the Crusaders who were able to get Read back after that pelvis scare.

It's true that the conference system has increased the crowds at least what I have seen in the NZ games (albeit still low by international standards). Unfortunately this will probably be used as an excuse to maintain the system.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

Hmm, looks like what the Blues tried to do the Lions might pull off in Jo'burg. Lions leading 14 - 3

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 02 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Lions 38 - 28 Sharks. Gives hope to those teams just outside the top 6.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:05 pm

And the Lions do this to the Sharks often

They lose evrything and then some way have their greatest match against a SA team that might qualify. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:09 pm

After watching the 'canes towel up the tahs I'd all but given up hope for the Reds this season (wouldn't be surprised if the tahs lost by a 4 try bonus point just to spite us furious ) but that changes things quite a bit.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Now all we need is for the bulls to tip the stormers. Either sa or nz will get 3 teams into the playoffs at oz expense for a second side.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

You'll get your wish taylorman. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:25 pm

Bulls leading 14-9 with 28 minutes to go.

Good game this, some monster collisions. Bulls dominating really, can't see them losing this.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Really? bulls in the same dominant position they always are. Stormers try now lead by 5. Lets ser what the bulls can do with this domination with five to go.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:58 pm

That is one hell of a performance form the Stormers. 122 tackles they had to make. Kolisi was superb. How is he not in the Boks squad???
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

The squad is going to be announced right now, I will post it soon.

He is in his first season, a bit soon, but maybe tonight would have convinced Meyer
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:19 pm

He's been excelletn every time I see him Biltong. Like the look of Malherbe as well. Could he be the long term solution at tighthead for the Boks?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

BOOM! Kolisi is a legend... amazing how a half crocked Ryan Kankowski gets picked over this lad.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:He's been excelletn every time I see him Biltong. Like the look of Malherbe as well. Could he be the long term solution at tighthead for the Boks?
We do need some strong tightheads ozzy, we are in dre need of some competition for Jannie.

squad announced, I posted it on the international section.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:30 pm

I've seen it mate.

My personal view is that Meyer has not made best use of what is available to him.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:34 pm

Brilliant defence from the Stormers there and very dangerous on the counter.

As an England fan I hope Meyer sticks with the Bulls game plan for the Boks rather then the Stormers.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

yappysnap wrote:Brilliant defence from the Stormers there and very dangerous on the counter.

As an England fan I hope Meyer sticks with the Bulls game plan for the Boks rather then the Stormers.

Of course you do.Super XV Round 15 Preview and Live Match Thread Cheers10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

Well I suppose I could wish he'd go with the Cheetas gameplan but somehow ritual sacrifice doesn't seem likely...

So given the choice there's either the Bulls one dimensional game plan which if we plan for we should at least have a chance of beating or there's the Stormers slightly more multi-faceted game plan which if the Boks pull off would be too much for us.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

Meh, it will be good enough for the English.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 04 Jun 2012, 1:37 am

The bulls strategy isnt so bad if meyer is able to do with it what he said and what pdv wasnt able to do. Execute the gameplan correctly.

If SA can put out a Bulls + side rather than the bulls- sides they have last couple of years then they could become a dominant force at test level.

Although I cant stand watching the style at sxv level it is effective for long periods of the game and i do admire the tenacity and commitment.

But make no mistake if meyer is able to execute it st a higher level we could all be in a bit of trouble.

I liken it to mark hammets appointment to the hurricanes. First he got rid of what he thought was poisoning the side. The nonu hore etc factors. Then he brought in some real structure discipline and a rigid methodology.

In losing smit matfield etc it allows the leadership to be placed back with the boss. The coach. And Meyer resembles hammets hard core approach similarly.

The variations will come through the chip throughs etc that seems to be on everyones menu at the moment.

So the M Steyn brigade of thinking may have some life in it yet when assuming some strong structure is built around it.

Meanwhile back at the AB ranch the selection of Aaron Smith is instrumental in being able to break down the bulls type defence. Hes a real halfback.
Has a long quick pass aimed at maximising any go forward ball created by the forwards and the faster a carter/ cruden, nonu, sbw, c smith and our fast wings get the ball the more likely the bulls type defences will be stretched.

And as we've seen the bulls losses have come through a combination of letting tries in and not being able to score them late themselves despite dominating territory and posession most of the match.

Given this I dont think many will be able to stay with the new Boks other than the usuals...NZ and Oz should meyer do with this team what he has said.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down