The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing

3 posters

Go down

1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing Empty 1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing

Post by Pekchenko Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:16 am

Interested to see peoples views on this development. For me it does seem a strange decision:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/12971782.stm

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing Empty Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing

Post by Rowley Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:22 am

Read about this earlier, is staggering in its timing. As the amateurs train out of Sheffield I try to follow them a little more than normally and have to say I am amazed by this as all the feedback from the elite squad is they really enjoy working with McCracken and with the Olympics round the corner it does seem to be specacularly bad timing.

The thing that amazes me is they surely knew McCracken's status when they set him on so unless this is a totally new ruling they could surely have got this sorted before he had built a relationship with the squad. Real pity because having attended some amateur shows in Sheffield we seem to have some talented kids and a real chance of success next year and surely we should be looking to give them every chance of success. Struggle to see how this gets us anywhere near acheiving that end.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing Empty Re: 1 step forward 2 steps back for UK Amateur boxing

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 06 Apr 2011, 10:07 am

I remember Scott Harrisons dad Peter when he made the decision to train the Scottish squad, after Scott was jailed. It was made pretty clear at the time the he would not be allowed to train professionals, i'm not sure whats happened here, seems a bit of a farce.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down