The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Carberry For England ODI side?

5 posters

Go down

Michael Carberry For England ODI side? Empty Michael Carberry For England ODI side?

Post by jimbohammers Tue 05 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

Michael Carberry has had 5 innings in this year's CB 40 : 60, 76, 103*, 54, 148*, total 441 runs at average of 147.

Why cant Carberry fill Pieterson's spot?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Michael Carberry For England ODI side? Empty Re: Michael Carberry For England ODI side?

Post by gboycottnut Tue 05 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Michael Carberry has had 5 innings in this year's CB 40 : 60, 76, 103*, 54, 148*, total 441 runs at average of 147.

Why cant Carberry fill Pieterson's spot?

Because he plays for Hampshire.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Michael Carberry For England ODI side? Empty Re: Michael Carberry For England ODI side?

Post by JDizzle Tue 05 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

He's not a bad shout actually. In good form, and he's played for England before under Flower so he is obviously in their minds to some degree. The only trouble is that he nearly 32, so will be 34 going on 35 at the next World Cup and whether he will still be performing at the level he is now is an issue, so the selector's might decide to go with a younger player to build for the future, and maintain the left-right partnership at the top of the order with Cook on which they seem quite keen.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

I like the idea of Carberry. I want a quality player - somebody who could feasibly score the number of runs KP would have - and thus I don't think Kieswetter, Hales and the like fit the bill. Carberry can score reasonably quickly and make big scores, and so him or Ian Bell, or perhaps Chris Nash fit the bill. Remember that we now have two new balls in one-day cricket and so life will be difficult for those that aren't really proper opening batsmen.

Age doesn't really worry me, and I don't really like the idea of planning for the next World Cup. The best way to plan for the World Cup is to win matches and climb the rankings, like the Test side has. What the pitches are like in Australia and so on is pretty much irrelevant at this stage.

I think this has been our issue for a while. Winning ODIs doesn't matter that much, so we end up being very inconsistent.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:22 am

I read the title and thought god no.

Then I saw this season's stats in the actual post and that had me wondering.

My main issue would be that limited overs cricket I do like the cheap runs you can get from a left/right hand combo messing up the bowlers lines.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:02 am

Shelsey93 wrote:I like the idea of Carberry. I want a quality player - somebody who could feasibly score the number of runs KP would have - and thus I don't think Kieswetter, Hales and the like fit the bill.

OK

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down