The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!!

+9
ONETWOFOREVER
Sir. badgerhands
Super D Boon
88Chris05
Rowley
trottb
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Go down

The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!! Empty The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:07 pm

By saying au revoir!!!

You know what it's like....errrrmm I wonder who the brothers are beating on next etc....

The bland plodders with no discernible personalities who are not quite as exciting as watching paint dry!!!...

The problem is they are too good in this age of mediocrity for their own good.........They don't captivate and unlike Tyson who had the same problem for three years they don't catch the imagination...

Brothers dominating the sport also makes it look like a laughing stock anyway and turns people away!! ("hey Wlad come and earn some easy money and get a few belts")....

Now we know that Boxing is synergesic and that a good Heavy division garners interest and filters down!!!

A Klit retirement narrows the talent threshold promotes new faces and may/should lead to renewed interest..

Sure they are gentleman..Sure they are a credit to the sport....Sure it's not their fault..........But..

The Klits could re-invigorate Boxing tomorrow!!! ......By saying thanks and goodbye!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!! Empty Re: The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!!

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 pm

I understand what you mean, when they retire I will certainly be more interested as at least there will be fights you're not sure who will win and the titles will probably change hands a lot.

Saying that, when they go, will the HW division be the poorest EVER? I think it will be which will be a sad day!

With all the different belts, Tyson Fury will probably be a 'legit' world champ!

Therefore I want them to stay and go in equal measure.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!! Empty Re: The Klits could reinvigorate Boxing tomorrow!!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Legit or not we'll probably have more competitive fights and maybe fighters with more appeal...

I don't see fury winning a title If i'm honest.....but who knows!

Would fury be less legit than Axel schultz???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Have you seen the Klitschko film/documentary Truss?

It certainly gives an insight into who they are and where thay have come from, I think even you would appreciate them a bit more after watching it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:26 pm

I appreciate them now!!! Certainly the way they conducted themselves during the Haye and Chisora fights was exemplary!!!..!!

Just feel though that the heavy crown is supposed to be the hardest and biggest prize to win (or it was) and Brothers sharing it!!! belittles the sport!!

But I will endeavour to watch it cheers!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:27 pm

To suggest that boxing would be better off without the 2 best fighters in the heavy weight division is ridiculous. It would do nothing for the game other than spread the belts out with none of the "champions" fighting each other.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 pm

You mean we have to watch a documentary to enjoy them. Okay.Having been bored senseless by Wladimir( I quite like Vitali) for years I now see that I was wrong.I guess I'll go and watch that film.
What's next,"Johnny Nelson- The Movie"....Johnny rewrites popular opinion and we all realise he was in in fact massively entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:32 pm

Why is it ridiculous????

I'm talking about getting interest back in the sport.........

Camacho was no doubt more "talented" than Mancini but who had the most fans and brought people into the sport???

Klit v Haye was a superfight...Would Klit v Valuev have been?????

Nope!!! because Brits are more interesting than faceless Europeans!!!

The Klits don't sell and are too good!!

Painful but true..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Don't see it that way at all. I think it would just divide the division and we wouldn't see the best fighting the best, I know we don't see that now with the Klits position, but they do take on all comers. I just think that if they retired there would be four champions all avoiding each other. Although I do agreee the fights would be more interesting but if I wanted to watch 2 large men fight with little skill I could do that outside a lot of pubs on the weekend.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Got to say I am more with Trott on this one. Have seen this argument before and my view is the last thing the division needs is to remove the only two guys with a modicum of class or ability. As you have alluded to the heavyweight championship is meant to be the greatest prize in sport, would much rather see either or both brothers holding it than a bunch of fat overweight slobs swapping it around between themselves.

Have two brothers sharing the prize is not ideal but the alternative is worse because I don't see anyone out there with the talent, motivation and will to unify all the belts in their absence

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:52 pm

When the two guys with no doubt class and integrity are turning the mainstram away feasting on half dead cruisers.....

Then maybe change is good.....certainly add a new dimension...

I'd rather see better fights with new faces....than Klit vs no chance moron

eastern bloc Europeans don't sell..................

But hey as with Trott your opinion is most welcome..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Alexander Povetkin and Tyson Fury battling it out to see just who is the master of the Heavyweight division - doesn't seem so invigorating to me.

I'd much, much prefer to see a young, talented Heavyweight emerge and actually take the titles away from the Klitschkos, rather than watch the current crop underneath them desperately fight for their leftover scraps once they leave the table.

The idea that the Klitschkos should shoulder most of the blame for the Heavyweight division being 'devalued' has never sat well with me, and nor does the theory that they (somehow) don't sell. They do sell. Perhaps not in America, but they have no obligation to appease those across the pond. Outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, who in the sport could realistically claim to be a bigger world-wide star than the two of them?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm

If there was a list for Santa I could draw up, (I know it's early but you've got to have time to think about these things!), then my boxing requests would be as follows:

1) Abolish robberies and fixes
2) Wilfried Sauerland to become too ill to promote
3) Someone to prevent Marco Huck from ever boxing again in whatever way possibe
4) Vitali to retire forthwith

As for the last request I genuinely believe the older K bro is holding his younger sibling back. As dull is WK may be he is nonetheless the best (Larry wasn't exactly a barrel load of fun either) but his older bro is stopping him from being the main man. Heavyweights need a main man not a power sharing tag team of brothers.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Problem with the K's retiring now is that the next truly great HW hasn't even put on a pair of gloves yet. Once every generation we get a truly outstanding HW who make us all remember just how great the greatest prize in sport is meant to be. Trouble is, I don't see THAT guy anywhere around at the minute (sorry Strongy, but even I won't be leading the "Haye is next in line" fanclub)

We lose the K's and the HW division becomes even more of a laughing stock than it currently is at the moment. Povetkin v Rahman on the undercard of Haye/Chisora with the winners likely to face each other for the WBA belt unless the K's decide that money really is their motivation at the minute and "reluctantly" sign for another Haye fight. All Haye has to do is dispose of Chisora in a more emphatic style than Vitali and the press will once again go into over-drive about how Haye can do it this time. The K's "hem" and "haw" and "ho" and "hum" about it and then say "oh... OK then" and people give them a free pass even thouugh Haye did exactly the same when he signed to fight Audley.

Maybe David Price will come good though, he has the tools to do the job, he has the K's likeability factor but whether he's the man to take the HW division forward I don't really know. A couple of bandwagonning idiots on here keep talking about Mitchell and Wilder (cos the saw them on ESPN at some point and decided not to form their own opinion, just steal Teddy Atlas's) but neither of them has done anything to set the world allight and, let's be honest, if we we gong to be talking about them, we'd be doing it now (like we did in the early stages of Tyson's career).

Yes, the K's need to go, but not until there's a viable alternative waiting in the wings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:46 pm

88Chris05 wrote: and nor does the theory that they (somehow) don't sell. They do sell.

Spot on Chris, if you were to write a list of the heavyweight champions capable of selling 40,000+ tickets on a regualr basis irrespective of opponent that would be one hell of a short list.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:54 pm

rowley wrote:
88Chris05 wrote: and nor does the theory that they (somehow) don't sell. They do sell.

Spot on Chris, if you were to write a list of the heavyweight champions capable of selling 40,000+ tickets on a regualr basis irrespective of opponent that would be one hell of a short list.

Sadly, I don't see that as a positive

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Never said they shoulder the blame........

Saying that through no fault of their own their dominance has switched people off and the fact they are european doesn't help...

Saying that talent thresholds being closer and more favorable faces fighting for the prize.........may garner attention.

Don't take me out of context..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:24 pm

The Klits could give HW boxing a massive shot in the arm by doing the opposite of quitting and getting in the ring together and having a fight.

The only fight worth seeing at HW.

Shame there is more chance of me getting home tonight on a winged pig while dressed as Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon. Shame.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never said they shoulder the blame........

Saying that through no fault of their own their dominance has switched people off and the fact they are european doesn't help...

Saying that talent thresholds being closer and more favorable faces fighting for the prize.........may garner attention.

Don't take me out of context..

Have you not checked the H/W rankings lately?

They are dominated by East European fighters. Look at the top 10 maybe 1 American in their so even when the K brothers do retire the next champ to claim the throne will be from Europe. You seem to have a problem with European fighters but that is the make up of the H/W division.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

What makes you think I'm talkng about Americans you halfwit!!!!

Go away you wally...

I'm talking about the talent threshold becoming closer...

Price and Fury are European and more sellable...........

Go and practice your spinning back fist...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What makes you think I'm talkng about Americans you halfwit!!!!

Go away you wally...

Why you getting abusive? I would knock you spark out if you spoke to me like that on the street there is no need for such an attitude. And as for spinning back fist maybe you should go practice it on your wife it might spice up your love life.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm

"I would knock you spark out........."

With a spinning back fist no doubt!!...run along..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:44 pm

And as for spinning back fist maybe you should go practice it on your wife it might spice up your love life.

I shudder to think at what you've been watching on the internet lately?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm

You're treading on dangerous territories here Truss. You know who he is don't you??

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm

He used to be a woman on here.....and you know how hard transexuals can be!!!

Certainly we don't mess with the ones at the blue oyster!!! Cool

Still as for the backfist when you've been with someone twenty years it's worth trying anything in that department! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:49 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What makes you think I'm talkng about Americans you halfwit!!!!

Go away you wally...

Why you getting abusive? I would knock you spark out if you spoke to me like that on the street there is no need for such an attitude. And as for spinning back fist maybe you should go practice it on your wife it might spice up your love life.

I've missed all you guys on 606 Hug

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Guys! What is this animosity??? Take it easy One two and Truss. Easssssssssssy!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:56 pm

No animosity whatsoever...... drumroll

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm

trottb wrote:You're treading on dangerous territories here Truss. You know who he is don't you??

Exactly Trottb, the mans been trained to kill!!

There is a lot of fights out there I'd love to see in the HW division about 10-15, only one of them involves a Klitschko, in terms of my interest I guess I would agree with Truss. (God did I really just say that last part?) *Shudder*

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Watch it pal...If you said that to me in the street I'd knock you out!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 pm

He used to look up to you Truss but you've broken his, stonecold- killer, heart.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:11 pm

Truss,
Dont yourself and OneTwo hail from the same part of Boston?

He used to love you man, how could you break his heart in such a cold fashion? Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:13 pm

I think he's an ex-girlfriend....... Cool

I'm up for an affair!! raspberry

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm

The only way they or anyone else could reinvigorate the currently very stale division is if they fought each other. Hopefully brighter things are on the horizon in the shape of David Price because the big lads needs a serious injection of new talent at the top.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Being British is more likely to lead o more interest that's for sure!!!!

Makes him more polarising rather than boring and faceless!!

As characters I like the Klits.........however they don't catch the imagination..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down