The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spanish number 2

2 posters

Go down

Spanish number 2 Empty Spanish number 2

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:23 am

In my eyes it's not Ferrer, it's Almagro, it amazes me how this pathetic pusher always manages to destroy players, then collects a customary hammering by his lordship in the following round. I believe the likes of Almagro, Verdasco, maybe Feliciano have more desire to fight against Nadal than this imposter. I remember Davydenko getting the umpires warning for lack of effort when he trailed 6-1 5-7 0-4.

This is why more and more people are getting behind serve-reliant players like Raonic and Isner and players like Ferrer and Murray lack the fan power outside of their compatriots.

They both will lose to run of the mill players but they can also create drama against the top seeds. It's interesting how Eduardo Schwank (WR. 192) gives Nadal a much tougher match than the number 6.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Spanish number 2 Empty Re: Spanish number 2

Post by mthierry Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 am

It's about match-ups. If Nadal is playing well, Ferrer (who is an inferior, less powerful Rafa) has no chance. At least Verdasco's forehand is often hot enough to cos Rafa problems. Almagro has never beaten Rafa but has the weapons to hang with him. Rafa was just too good today and deserves massive credit.

If he serves in the final like he's done all tournament, Fed and even Nole have no chance.

mthierry

Back to top Go down