The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Wales afraid to pick on form?

3 posters

Go down

Are Wales afraid to pick on form? Empty Are Wales afraid to pick on form?

Post by Weybridge Welsh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:59 pm

For years it seems we have relied on tried and tested, on reputation. A bunch of guys got us to the RWC semis and Grand Slam but form has dipped - Priestland is a perfect example. On the evidence of the last months of the season you would include Ryan Jones, Hibbard, Rhys Webb, Ian Jones and Beck as well as Hook at 10 on the starting sheet. They are at the top of their games and full of confidence. It would be nice to see Wales take some brave steps and play the guys who are actually on form.

Halfpenny
Cuthbert
Davies
Beck
North
Hook
Webb
Jones
Hibbard
Jenkins
AWJ
Evans
Warburton
Lydiate
Ryan Jones

Weybridge Welsh

Back to top Go down

Are Wales afraid to pick on form? Empty Re: Are Wales afraid to pick on form?

Post by Shane_Williams Sun 10 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

Definitely think for this tour the first team was penned as the Grand Slam team with some forced changes. Sending the players out to Oz beforehand was a clear sign of that. From 6 nations till end of season players form changes, and Wales have the depth now to afford to drop a player whose form isn't too great.

Shane_Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:40 am

With that side yesterday and the side you named, well if Ian Evans (not Jones) and AWJ had been avaialble to go ahead with main party they would have played.

Whilst I admit Faletu has been off his game in the Welsh shirt he has still been on form for us Dragons so I guess thats the form the management have to take into account.

Have never really been a Hibbard fan and was happy to see Owen given the nod, I agree with Beck I would have started with him but Sc Williams had a good game before his injury
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down