The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rooney ban upheld

+3
ronin47
theundisputedY2D2
Davie
7 posters

Go down

Rooney ban upheld Empty Rooney ban upheld

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:23 am

Wayne Rooney's two match ban is confirmed after his appeal was rejected

IMO he is very lucky they didn't extend it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Rooney ban upheld Empty Re: Rooney ban upheld

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:27 am

I don't get how this appeal wasn't seen as 'frivolous', therefore leading to another game tacked onto the ban?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:30 am

Yes exactly. After all, he didn't deny the charge and was only appealing the sentence. The FA once again lack the balls to act correctly

BTW using the words "Rooney" and "appealing" in the same sentence really is hard to take Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:48 am

But the FA have built a rod for their own back.

The next time a player is heard to swear - they will be forced to act.

Because the same rules must be applied to ALL.

ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

http://www.waterproofgolfjackets.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:50 am

If another player approaches a TV camera and swears down the barrel then yes, they will be forced to act.

I suspect you are talking about any swearing though - that is comparing apples and oranges

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:52 am

I don't agree, there is a difference between being over heard swearing and deliberately doing it into the camera.

How many times do people swear at the ref, or another player and the cameras catch it? Jeez, i've done it on the football pitch for 13 years, the ref doesn't care.

Rooney is supposed to be a role model, given all his high profile 'incidents' swearing at a camera is not acceptable and he deserves his ban.

I also hope Coleen leaves him.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:55 am

KB, we've been over this: Coleen isn't interested in you.

I know you share many of the same traits as Wayne Rooney - bit of a rascal, into banging grannies, but Wayne's bank balance swings it for him I'm afraid.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Okay, heres a 'what if'

2 opposing players arguing/swearing near the touch line.

Its picked up by the TV microphones - and a couple of people phone in and complain.

Or... player X is clearly seen/heard on TV to tell the ref to go *&%" - and a couple of opposing fans decide to complain.

The FA have got to act - same rules must be applied to All

ronin47

ronin47
ronin47

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

as pointed out, there is a difference between swearing in the course of the game, and deliberately approaching a TV camera to swear into it. I'd expect anyone who did the latter to get banned (just as Drogba was after his reaction to Chelsea's CL defeat against Barca a few years ago).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:27 pm

King Beer wrote:I don't agree, there is a difference between being over heard swearing and deliberately doing it into the camera.

How many times do people swear at the ref, or another player and the cameras catch it? Jeez, i've done it on the football pitch for 13 years, the ref doesn't care.

Rooney is supposed to be a role model, given all his high profile 'incidents' swearing at a camera is not acceptable and he deserves his ban.

Rooney doesn't get payed to be a role model he is payed to be a footballer. The FA have dug a hole for themselves here everytime a player swears and it is picked up on camera Fergie is going to go off on one and they will have no defence to silence him. If it wasn't Rooney they would have done nothing. It's a terrible decision to ban him a fine would have been enough.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:The FA have dug a hole for themselves here everytime a player swears and it is picked up on camera Fergie is going to go off on one and they will have no defence to silence him.

How many times does it need to be stated? It's not about someone swearing during the course of a match and being picked up by cameras. It's about Rooney actively seeking out a camera and shouting directly into it.

As someone else said, similar to what Drogba did in Champs league last year - and he was punished too

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:34 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:
King Beer wrote:I don't agree, there is a difference between being over heard swearing and deliberately doing it into the camera.

Rooney doesn't get payed to be a role model he is payed to be a footballer. The FA have dug a hole for themselves here everytime a player swears and it is picked up on camera Fergie is going to go off on one and they will have no defence to silence him. If it wasn't Rooney they would have done nothing. It's a terrible decision to ban him a fine would have been enough.

As Davie stated and i'll reiterate, he swore directly into the camera, he didn't care about people watching or the kids he would influence.

Swearing gets overheard all the time, its the nature of the game, it happens in golf, commentators apologise for it. But there is no excuse for doing what he did, just like what Drogba did.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:03 pm

I don't condone what he did it was wrong but not worthy of a 2 game ban considering they could do nothing about Carraghers tackle on Nani. As a parent who was watching the game with his son it is my responsibility to teach my son that is wrong. To blame footballers for poor behaviour of kids on a football pitch is an excuse for poor parenting.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:06 pm

Personal action should have been taken directly at Rooney, and I know that probably can only formulate itself in a fine that means nothing on his wages, but how can a club legislate or control one particular individual who is totally incapable of controlling himself. Why penalise the team?

His obnoxious behaviour down the camera in the World Cup didn't include a swear word, but would the English FA have taken action then if it had? Would they have banned him, sent him home? No chance.

If a ban had to occur than 1 match suffices.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by ronin47 Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:18 pm

You have opened up another point here - "Trial By Television"

If the camera had not been right in front of his face, would it have happened ?

In golf - if the camera close up on Harringtons ball had not happened - would he have been disqualified ?

BIG can of worms boxing

ronin47
ronin47
ronin47

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:20 pm

Superb. So now I expect the entire league to be banned for 2 matches, with their foul mouths. Bernstien being a City fan, it's only natural for him to ban Rooney when there's a City game coming up.... Really, if he wants to help his club, he make a rule banning sides from putting 11 men behind the ball.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:41 pm

ronin47 wrote:

You have opened up another point here - "Trial By Television"

If the camera had not been right in front of his face, would it have happened ?

In golf - if the camera close up on Harringtons ball had not happened - would he have been disqualified ?

BIG can of worms boxing

ronin47

He deliberately makes a beeline for the camera. It's not uncommon for footballers to do this, but swearing into it isn't on.

As for trial by televison, depends, if fines and bans were dealt out because the players were caught swearing at each other it would be horrendous, it's up to the ref to keep order on the game. Personally, i think if a player runs up to a ref and swears in his face he should be sent off. If i get sent off in Sunday league for doing it, why shouldn't professionals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:48 pm

ronin47 wrote:In golf - if the camera close up on Harringtons ball had not happened - would he have been disqualified ?

Check out the golf section for an update on the golf trial by television

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down