The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam

5 posters

Go down

Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam Empty Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam

Post by jersey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:42 pm

Wimbledon final: Nole's worst surface and Nadal despite his 5 finals here and 2 titles loses in 4. Laugh

USO final: Nole injured and exhausted from the SF but Nadal loses in 4. Laugh

AO: Nadal serving to go up 5-2 in the fifth set but then loses in 5. Laugh

FO: This one will need the most therapy afterwards. Nadal wins the first 2 sets is up a break in the third but then loses in 5. Laugh

After all this an appointment with a therapist/shrink is inevitable. Laugh

jersey

Back to top Go down

Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam Empty Re: Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam

Post by socal1976 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

He hasn't lost yet jersey things are pretty close to call. I think Novak will win but its anyone's match and Nadal is still 2-1 sets up.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam Empty Re: Nadal's losses getting more pathetic with each slam

Post by 10IS Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

Have to agree with Jersey with a grinding teeth that Nadal will need some serious therapy if he loses this one.

Jersey, if you can afford it, please see to it that you get help from the same therapist for your mental/psysological state/paranoia/too much use of smiley/wumming/laughing at your own jokes when no else is... etc etc.

10IS

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:21 am

Hahaha, just ignore him, he's wanted by Police for escaping from the local nursery.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

This is a highly disrespectful thread to Nadal. Should Nadal lose, there's no denying it would be a real shame for Nadal and even though I'm not a big fan of his game, he is a gracious champion. He's clearly facing a real threat @ RG like he's never had and if he gets taken to 5 sets we'll really see his resolve. Let's not assume Nadal has lost and let's not label it as pathetic. I've said in other threads and I'll repeat it here, Djokovic's best trumps Nadal's best and it seems that the surface changes this but not by as much as we thought.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:51 am

Yes i wish jersey wouldn't make such overblown statements. Anyway lucius the thing that I am really dissappointed in as a Novak fan is how he couldn't hit his first serve in at a decent percentage for the first two sets. This thing is really too close to call although being up two sets the advantage is with Nadal. Novak has to keep attacking the Nadal serve until it frays and gets to him psychologically on the serve. Nadal is almost at that tipping point where every single service game becomes a nightmare. Unfortunately, Novak was in the same place early on in the match. Difference is that if Novak hits his first serves in he should be fine, if Nole is rolling with the return even if Rafa serves at a high percentage he still could get broken.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:06 am

Interestingly, my brother saw some of the USO final last year and he said that even when Nadal broke Djokovic you didn't think Nadal would hold onto it and he also said it was as if Djokovic could break at will.

I noticed this sort of dominance when Nadal played Fed on clay and at Wimbledon '08 too but then I noticed this mastery when Djokovic played Nadal in the slams last year. When Djokovic is in the zone, it's over.

I agree on the 1st serve %, I'm not a particularly a huge fan of Djokovic (usually when Fed has exited a tournament I support Djokovic) but watching those first two sets were painful and when Djokovic got broken again at the beginning of the third, I didn't think it was over, I thought the match had been too topsy turvy to end in a str8 sets Nadal win. However I was concerned and I wondered how on earth Djokovic would get himself back into a match when he was two sets down. Fed came close but ultimately failed in Wimby '08 which illustrates how difficult it is break Nadal but here we are, with Nadal having been broken 7 times and that's the difference. There's two keys for Novak:

a) Keep a high 1st serve %, 60%+
b) Keep on creating break point opportunities

The key difference with Djokovic is that when Nadal plays other players, you feel they must take their break point chances with Nadal. Whereas with Djokovic you just know he'll create so many, he's bound to get one and if he gets more, you end up with a lopsided set like set 3 was (6-2).

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down