The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract

+7
Mickado
red_stag
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Sin é
formerly known as Sam
Hookisms and Hyperbole
brennomac
11 posters

Go down

Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract Empty Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract

Post by brennomac Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

Bad news for Luke Fitzgerald - he's out for another six months and apparently has been told by IRFU he's not going to be offered a new central contract. Easy to see why the IRFU stalled on a new contract, but very bad news for Fitz

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract Empty Re: Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract

Post by brennomac Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

Sorry - below is link to the Irish Times article on Fitz

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2012/0612/1224317784582.html

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract Empty Re: Luke Fitz for another 6 months - no new central contract

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Jeez, you wonder when he will ever catch a break with injuries. I thought he looked pretty good in the first half of the season.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

Is he still under contract at Leinster during that time or is he on the look out for a new team?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

Imagine he's still under contract to Leinster, but they won't be able to pay him what he's been accustomed to earning between the IRFU central contract and the Leinster top-up. His injury record is an awful shame, but he isn't essential for Leinster and we have back-up in the shape of D Kearney etc

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:42 pm

What bad luck for Luke. Really hope he gets over these injuries and if he is not wanted in D4, he is would be very welcome in Munster.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:50 am

Poor lad, really unlucky and was getting some good performances in between Novemeber and late Jan.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

Sin é wrote:What bad luck for Luke. Really hope he gets over these injuries and if he is not wanted in D4, he is would be very welcome in Munster.

+1

Oh I'm having visions of a post Lions backline:

09 Conor Murray
10 JJ Hanrahan
11 Simon Zebo
12 Keith Earls
13 Casey Laulala
14 Luke Fitzgerald
15 Felix Jones

#sexyrugbyinmunster
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:54 am

From the sounds coming out of the Leinster camp while all this crepe was going on Leinster will be making him an offer. I think I’ve heard someone (possibly Richie Murphy) that this all would have been sorted if he was dealing with Leinster but because there’s an extra layer of complexity with the IRFU it was taking time.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0613/1224317816205.html

Leinster chief executive Mick Dawson has taken over the discussions with the player, who will be out of action for between 26 and 32 weeks following a successful operation. He has suffered an horrendous run of injuries in the last 18 months or so. Fitzgerald’s current contract expires at the end of the month.

Dawson, when asked if he was now working on hammering out a new deal, replied: “Correct. His contract is up on the June 30th. I understand that the operation went very well and the doctors are pleased. He has a 26- to 32-week rehab period and we have a duty of care to make sure that goes right. Hopefully he will be working with us under our tutelage and getting back out on the pitch and ready for action again.

“Luke has been with us from the age of 18 . . . we would hope that he would be with us for a lot longer. He has been a fantastic player, will be a fantastic player and he’s very, very popular with the crowd. He has served us very well and we’re acutely aware of that. We want to make sure we can nurse him through this injury, get him back on the pitch and hopefully get him back playing for Leinster and Ireland in early 2013. We are in discussion with his agent Fintan Drury and I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t sorted out sooner rather than later.”

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Bet hes wishing hed taken that paycut from the IRFU now

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm

red_stag wrote:
Sin é wrote:What bad luck for Luke. Really hope he gets over these injuries and if he is not wanted in D4, he is would be very welcome in Munster.

+1

Oh I'm having visions of a post Lions backline:

09 Conor Murray
10 JJ Hanrahan
11 Simon Zebo
12 Keith Earls
13 Casey Laulala
14 Luke Fitzgerald
15 Felix Jones

#sexyrugbyinmunster

Murray and Hanrahan could be some half back partnership. Though Earls at 12? Hmm..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm

He can come to Ulster if he's happy to be our long term full back after Payne goes! OK

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:28 pm

Cant believe this...he is a fantastic player and i hope he recovers and leinster get him back sometime down the line

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

I think Fitz is going to end up falling to the bottom of the pile to be honest.. it is unfortunate but there is so many other talented players right now playing in his positions. He will even find it hard getting back on the Leinster side. Who will start over him? McFadden?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:31 pm

I hope kearney jr will Start in his position

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

McFadden isn’t a long term win option IMO, we should be looking at getting game time for Conway, Carr and D. Kearney first and foremost. McFadden will probably (hopefully) start a lot of rugby in the center next season.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

I don't rate McFadden at all to be honest. Kearney Jr should start over him on the wing, but he probably won't. At 12 I think Madigan should be starting, instead of McFadden. Madigan needs game time and he has the attributes to play 12 IMO.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm

I was impressed by conway when i went to the rabbo semi final...thought he played well

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

Fionn Carr to Leinster = Worst Career Move Ever
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

red_stag wrote:Fionn Carr to Leinster = Worst Career Move Ever
But how could he turn it down...getting the opportunity to come back to your home province

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

red_stag wrote:Fionn Carr to Leinster = Worst Career Move Ever

Well with Fitz out maybe this is his chance to shine. Wink

I do rate Carr pretty highly.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down