The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best player of the first group stage games

+12
Duty281
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Thomond
Trebs
Liam
Crimey
Gregers
FIFA Diva
sodhat
Hibbz
Hero
16 posters

Go down

Best player of the Euros in the first group games

Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap3%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap3%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap0%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap18%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap0%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap6%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap15%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap18%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap6%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Best player of the first group stage games Vote_lcap21%Best player of the first group stage games Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

Best player of the first group stage games Empty Best player of the first group stage games

Post by Hero Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

Every team in the Euros has now played a set of games and what have we learnt?
Shevchenko still has it.
Denmark shocked us.
RVP would miss water if he fell off a boat.
But who so far is your player of the tournament?

Please vote for your top three players on the following list.

Samri Nasri
Mathieu Debuchy
Joleon Lescott
Andriy Shevchenko
Anatoliy Tymoshchuk
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Sean St Ledger
Luka Modric
Mario Mandzukic
Andres Iniesta
Cesc Fabregas
Daniele De Rossi
Andrea Pirlo
Bastian Schweingsteiger
Mats Hummels
Fabio Coentrao
Raul Meireles
Wesley Sneijder
Simon Kjaer
Michael Krohn-Dehli
Alan Dzagoev
Roman Shirokov
Václav Pilař
Jakub Blaszczykowski
Przemyslaw Tyton
Dimitris Salpingidis

Last edited by Hero on Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Best player of the first group stage games Empty Re: Best player of the first group stage games

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

Iniesta for me. A class act and wonderfully exciting to watch.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Best player of the first group stage games Empty Re: Best player of the first group stage games

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

Got to be Shevchenko.

He was quiet first half and then just came alive in the 2nd. Despite his lack in pace, he still has his wits about him.

It will also be interesting how he fairs against France and England. Not sure he would get away with 2 headers against better organised defences.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:22 pm

Pirlo for his assist and various other moments of wonderful passing and midfield play. One of the best around still, at 33.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

I've voted for my three but the standout player for me has to be Pirlo I think the guy is a genius.

He looked so good against the Spanish midfield and didn't look out of place.

FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:34 pm

Has to be Russian Alan, was stunning in their opening game

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:35 pm

I voted for:

1. Pirlo
2. Kjaer
3. Iniesta

I thought Pirlo was immense in the Spain-Italy game and outshone Xavi, his run and pass for the goal was sublime.

Kjaer and Agger together were excellent against Netherlands, while some chances did get through their efforts gave the players a psychological block, some nice crunching tackles as well.

Iniesta was his usual excellent self, and I still think he's the better out of him and Xavi as he creates so much more.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

Glad others agree on Pirlo. His cool head on the ball was priceless to Italy. Didn't panic with the pressurising of the Spanish midfield, and just kept the play moving and was key to Italy's performance. I also think De Rossi was excellent. Broke everything up in midfield, tracked back and also played some nice passes himself.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

My top three were...

1. Dzagoev - already knew about the player but it's looks like he could be the breakout star of the tournament and that Russia could go far.
2. Pirlo - Perennial star that orchestrated Italy like a symphony.
3. Modric - Over a 90% successful pass rate for the Spurs player.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Kerzhakov for me, how he isn't on the list of players is beyond me OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

I've just spotted Sean St.Leger on the list ha ha ha can I change my vote please? ha ha ha

Nice one Hero ha ha ha.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

He tried to get on the list but missed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

Hibbz wrote:I've just spotted Sean St.Leger on the list ha ha ha can I change my vote please? ha ha ha

Nice one Hero ha ha ha.

Amended it so you can change it if you wish.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

No Irish player deserves to be on the list.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

Hero wrote:
Hibbz wrote:I've just spotted Sean St.Leger on the list ha ha ha can I change my vote please? ha ha ha

Nice one Hero ha ha ha.

Amended it so you can change it if you wish.

Ha ha no it's okay I'll stick with Fernando Torres thanks.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

Where's Grant Holt? Headscratch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

Olly wrote:Where's Grant Holt? Headscratch

Birmingham Run

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:

Birmingham Run

Actually I have him chained to a radiator in my loft Best player of the first group stage games Smiley-sex014
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Arshavin
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Iniesta
De Rossi
Shevchenko

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Bit early to say.

I thought Ribery looked really dangerous against England. He'll rip the stuffing out of the Ukraine and Sweden.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

Olly wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

Birmingham Run

Actually I have him chained to a radiator in my loft Best player of the first group stage games Smiley-sex014

Your loft is in Four Oaks?

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm

I didn't think Ribery played that well.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

He never seems to in big games.

How is too early to say who played best in the first group games? They've all been. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

How is Arshavin not on the list?
He was the best player of the first round.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Wed 13 Jun 2012, 2:30 pm

Olly wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

Birmingham Run

You have a radiator in your loft?

Arshavin or Iniesta for me.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

GOMEZ!

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down