The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Moxley

+4
ncfc_Tooze
Cymru1991
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
8 posters

Go down

Jon Moxley Empty Jon Moxley

Post by ADMIN Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Don't look now, but the WWE just signed up one of the hottest properties in indie wrestling to a developmental deal. Jon Moxley, who's known for his ultraviolent style, blistering promos and psychological heel tactics, will be headed to Florida. The timetable is unknown, as the news was broken on Twitter by Moxley's peer and friend Sugar Dunkerton. But the fact that the ink on the paper is dry is HUGE news. The WWE's gain will be Gabe Sapolsky's loss, but them's be the breaks. Good signing, and here's hoping he gets the good treatment.

http://wallsofjerichoholic.blogspot.com/2011/04/jon-moxley-to-wwe.html

If there was ever a man that epitomizes the term heel it would be Jon Moxley.
For those of you not familiar with his work, all you have to do is pick up EVOLVE 6 and watch his match against Homicide. Hell even go a bit farther back and watch his match against Drake Younger at Evolve 3. Moxley has been called by some as "this generation's Roddy Piper". Google some of his promo's for Dragon Gate USA. Moxley is headed to the WWE, how he will be used is up to the brass there. I cannot wait to see him in the big stage. Moxley can be put against anyone there and he will generate such intense hatred by the fans it will be scary. I would love to see him go against Daniel Bryan. The feud would write itself. Bryan is seen by many as the "darling" of the indy circuit. Moxley is a loner, he has had to scratch and claw his way to greatness (self perceived). A baby face is only as good as the heel he is put up against. Good luck Mox!

http://morewrestlingthanyoucanshakeastickat.blogspot.com/

Here's a promo by him discussing defending his IPW World Title v Colt Cabana: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6yTETVibMI&feature=related

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Jon Moxley Empty Re: Jon Moxley

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:42 pm

Man, that is huge news. Moxley is such a great heel. His technique is second to none too, got to agree on the two matches on the top report. Two of his best ever in my opinion. I just hope to god that he doesn't get wasted in the WWE. If he'd been born an era ago he would have been one of the greats, when the wrestling and the promos actually counted. I love his work.

Is this a sign for things to come, they've signed two very good technical wrestlers in Moxley and Sin Cara. I mean, obviously in an earlier thread they talked about the fact that the WWE has taken the wrestling part out its name but these two guys are massive talents in respects to their in ring ability.

Cannot wait for this guy to break into the main roster!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:46 pm

Do we have triple H (in his new position in recruitment or whatever it is) to thank for this signing too? If so, then he's started off very well, what with being instrumental in signing Sin Cara too!

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Every man and his wife criticised WWE about Wrestlemania (and with just reason), yet over the past few years there's been a big shift I believe in what they look for in a wrestler, the guys coming through now are much more a diverse range than a fw years back when it was all Cena & Orton look builds and movesets.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm

if trips has pulled off these two signing well done to him. two good signings

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Very good observation Hero, there hasn't been a real Orton/Cena sigining in quite sometime. They've obviously signed the guys like Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett etc who all have good indy wrestling knowledge behind them. Which IMO is the best kind of wrestler.

The thing is though, with the WWE reducing the amount of time for actual matches we will surely never see these guys true talents?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Steve that's the sad thing about it bit like TNA great talent spend to much time talking.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:20 pm

This guy is truly awesome however i'm not sure he fits what the WWE want to promote, yeah its all very well signing the best guyr in the indies but when they get them they then try to change them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm not sure that's true. Sin Cara came in and was good enough to go straight in on the main roster and not have to learn the 'WWE way' so to speak. I've never heard of this guy before but just watched that promo. He's sold himself to me with his talking ability for sure. I'll have to get on YouTube over the weekend and check out some of his matches.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Sin Cara is a veteran who is widely considered the best Mexican Wrestler in the World, how long do you think it would take him to learn the E style when he cant speak English

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Wonder how much they'll acknowledge Jon Moxley's 5 world titles?

(I already know the answer to this is 'not at all!')

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:52 pm

Yeah thats a definite, what the WWE need to do is find a really good face

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:08 am

Who though?

From within there's the Miz who I think will turn at some point in the coming year.

Sheamus or Swagger could both go down the hard face route, Daniel Bryan would benefit hugely from this too, let him go back more to his roots.
Morrison as documented is probably on heading on a rather long loss streak soon.
Kingston, please god no.
Christian, that ship is never going to sail.
ADR, needs a longer heel run.
Sin Cara, me no speaka Ingleesh
Edge, never been a good face since the goof partnership in E&C
Cody Rhodes, still building him at present, one for the future perhaps.
Wade Barrett, he's English. English people in the States are always baddies.

FCW has a few guys and now more than ever they're being made to sink or swim much quicker.
The possibilites for me would be Lucky Cannon, Seth Rollins, Johnny Curtis & Richie Steamboat.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 am

Seems like Sin Cara doesn't need to 'speeka da ingleesh' to get over as a face. From his two showings *smackdown spoiler* he's just come in, got a big pop and righted wrongs and left. Pretty basic MO but seems to be working for now and he's not even had a match yet!

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:48 am

Sugar Dunkerton laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 am

the-gaffer wrote:This guy is truly awesome however i'm not sure he fits what the WWE want to promote, yeah its all very well signing the best guyr in the indies but when they get them they then try to change them

That is the problem. He's a great talent and could be a massive signing, but we all know the Moxley we eventually see on TV will probably be stripped of most of the things that make him special.

Great signing, wrong company. I hope I'm wrong.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 am

Think you may have hit the nail on the head there CrippledTart on the fact that he is with the wrong company due to the fact they'll water down his character so much. But like I said, do you not feel if he'd been about 10 years ago he could have been something much bigger?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:08 pm

His final indy night is headlining Evolve 7 v Austin Aries.

He's added a video up on Youtube to promote it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUsE9av_48&feature=player_embedded

This guy seriously is class.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri May 06, 2011 11:35 pm

WWE developmental star Jon Moxley made his debut in FCW this week, taking part in a battle royal.

He competed under his real name which is Jonathan Good.

Moxley has wrestled for various Independent Promotions with the last being JAPW (Jersey All-Pro Wrestling).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat May 07, 2011 11:14 am

'its GOOD to be bad' I didn't realise Les Thatcher trained him, he has some insane respect in the business although he is nicknamed 'the quiet man'

I definitely think Moxley wil make it, hes got a decent look, unbelievable mic skills and he has the height factor too and just incase anyone needs icing he is good in the ring

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 am

So glad to hear that he has finally made his debut. I echo everything that gaffer said about Moxley. I just hope he doesn't get watered down too much!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat May 07, 2011 11:44 am

I just hope they don't put him on NXT

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down