The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Results

+9
Aaronb33
bretmeharty
NickisBHAFC
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
uberkiwi
Samo
Beer
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Raw Results Empty Raw Results

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:24 am

Courtesy of Yahoo Sports:

WWE Raw comes to us live from Long Island. Tonight, the show will focus on the fall out from last night's pay per view event. Expect former General Manager John Laurinaitis to address his job loss. Also tonight, Grammy Award winner Cyndi Lauper will be a special guest host. Here are the results and hits and misses from the June 18th WWE Raw event.

Miss - Mick Foley

Mick Foley comes out and explains that he will be hosting both WWE Raw and Smackdown this week. Must be a big night because he's not wearing his usual sweatpants. Foley made a tag match between Kane and Daniel Bryan against Sheamus and CM Punk. Foley then brings out former GM John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis tells the fans how rude they are, and elects to give his farewell address later. As Laurinaitis evacuates the ring, Sheamus's music blares and he heads to the ring. The two share a stare, like Aladdin and Jasmin. The segment leads into the tag team bout. As for the element itself, I suppose we are lucky it was only ten minutes. Even though it was brief, there was nothing enlivening about it. Nothing that those two presented made me want to stay tuned. Therefore, it was a miss.

Miss - CM Punk and Sheamus vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan

The fans seem to be solidly behind Bryan, as he gets taken down with a headlock by Sheamus. He follows up with a decimating back breaker, and tags Punk. The announcers mention CM Punk has been the champion for 211 days. Crazy to think that Bruno Sammartino once held the title for seven years, and now they boast about a 211 day reign. Punk ducks a Kane clothesline and does a suicide dive onto Bryan. Kane cuts down Punk just as we go to commercial. Hot tag to Sheamus, who delivers a flying shoulder tackle to Kane. He follows it up with a power slam. Kane is able to get back to his feet and dump Sheamus over the top, where we see Bryan charge with a running dropkick on the outside. This match is following the same psychology as many tag matches in the last few months. It's very predictable. Bryan and Kane take turns working over Sheamus. Much like Kane's brother, the crowd is dead. Sheamus sidesteps Bryan, and we go into our second hot tag. AJ prances to the ring wearing a Kane mask. Cue the Benny Hill music. Kane leaves Bryan alone, allowing Punk to land a GTS and Sheamus to hit a Brough Kick. The match was average, kind of what you would envision from these four. But I am going to give it a miss because it really hasn't been any dissimilar from the bouts I've witnessed from them over the last month. I just feel like I'm viewing that scene from Speed, when Keanu Reeves rigs the camera in the bus to repeat over and over again.

Hit - Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger

Sick of the bickering between Swagger and Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero makes her two clients clash with one another. I'd love to see a divorce lawyer do this. Maybe John Cena will consider this. Anyway, the crowd starts a "lets go Ziggler" chant. Swagger does three push-ups, which is two more than what indy wrestlers can do. Swagger went for a go behind and Ziggler stole a headlock. That was pretty neat. They settle into some heat early, with Swagger working over Ziggler's knee. Ziggler is able to counter an ankle lock, and manages to hit the Zig Zag. Dolph gets the win, and Vickie and Dolph Vickie kiss to end the match. Match was shorter than I imagined, but favorable nonetheless.

Miss - Paul Heyman Promo

Brock Lesnar's music screams across the arena, and out comes Lesnar looking a foot shorter, balding, and sporting a thick New York accent. Oh, it's Paul Heyman and he's here to address Triple H's challenge from No Way Out. Heyman answers Triple H's challenge by emphatically stating "no." Of course, Triple H isn't going to take that laying down. Triple H saunters to the ring in his fine business suit. It takes two seconds before Triple H drops a bingo hall reference. The two trade quasi-shoot remarks. I feel like it's 2001 all over again, except without the edginess and attitude. Paul Heyman reminds me of the Paul Giamatti character in the movie Big Fat Liar. I hope Frankie Muniz and Amanda Bynes do a run-in and throw blue paint on them. Finally, Triple H decks Heyman and says he'll see Lesnar at Summerslam. That was a rough segment. Consider that Heyman is from Long Island, and even the large smart mark crowd weren't reacting to the promo.
Miss - Alberto Del Rio vs. Santino Marella

Alberto Del Rio was taken out of the No Way Out title match because of a concussion, yet one night later, and he's completely fine to wrestle? Weak. Speaking of weak, here comes Santino Marella. His comedy gimmick is really starting to wear thin and I think it makes a impotent U.S. Champion. Del Rio starts off feverishly and immediately begins kicking Santino. Santino tries to nab his green cobra sock, but Alberto Del Rio acquires the cross armbreaker. Del Rio makes rapid work of the champion. Not much to say here. I think this was supposed to make Del Rio look powerful, but Santino is always losing. I wasn't impressed.

Hit - Cyndi Lauper Segment

Layla introduces Wendi Richter and Cyndi Lauper. The fans go mild. Too bad, this is kind of cool, at least for longtime wrestling fans. The pair come out to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Heath Slater interrupts Richter's promo. Lauper asks Slater "who are you?" That may have been a legit question, considering Lauper was last in the ring 27 years ago. As Slater sings, the familiar sound of bagpipes echoes around the arena. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper enters the arena. Crowd chants "Roddy!" Piper produces a gold record, and gives it to Lauper. Slater interrupts again, and Cyndi Lauper smashes the gold record over his head. The segment was long but it was a fun little trip into wrestling's past. Based entirely on nostalgia, it was a hit.

Miss - Primetime Players vs. Primo and Epico

The new number one contenders for the tag team titles, the Primetime Players, start the match by punching and kicking Epico. After a minute of action, Primo is tagged in and hits a flying back elbow. Primo misses a dropkick, but is still able to hit a Back stabber maneuver. The Primetime Players bail on the match, resulting in a count out defeat. That was pointless.

Miss - Big Show and David Otunga vs. John Cena

Big Show cuts a promo and says he doesn't see any reason to compete tonight. The match turns into Cena versus Otunga and Johnny Ace. Cena gets the advantage in the beginning, but Otunga eventually takes over. We saw this match a couple weeks ago on WWE Raw. At least the crowd is awake and chanting. Of course, they are chanting against John Cena. The former GM gets tagged in and stomps on the prone Cena. Otunga eventually leaves Johnny, and Cena beats him down with three Attitude Adjustments. Johnny taps to the STF.

Overall, I felt this WWE Raw was a complete miss. Other than the Ziggler versus Swagger match, which was short, and the Cyndi Lauper segment, there wasn't anything interesting on the show. It just dragged. This is not a good piece of news heading into the three hour WWE Raw concept. Tonight proved to be a waste of time. Hopefully they can recover next week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wwe-raw-results-june-18th-hits-misses-030900003--spt.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Raw Results Empty Re: Raw Results

Post by Beer Tue 19 Jun 2012, 8:46 am

Heath Slater and Cyndi Lauper in the same place at the same time?!?!?

If they bring out the girl from Wendy's next week I'll MTFO.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 19 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

No Ryder? pft.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 19 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

Atrocious Raw.

I know we cant expect amazing things each week, but that was by far the worst episode ive seen in years.

The Lauper segment was a train wreck, she sounded like she didnt even know where she was. Even our brilliant Heath Slater couldnt save it.

Cena/Big Johnny etc just ended the show on a very very damp squib.

Boring.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

If Teddy Long ends up getting the GMs job I have a feeling it'll be Sweet Chin Music for the TV.

I'm hoping Regel gets a shot at this GM hosting lark thing Foley announced, I take it we can elimiante Angle and Bischoff from this list. I expect we will get Regel, Heyman, Vickie, Laptop, Teddy, Stone Cold and possibly Steph McMahon doing this each week for a while. I'm trying to remember all the former GMs I think Ademle and Coach are the only other two i've missed. Could be wrong though.

For the rest of Raw, can't really say to much, if this "big storyline" will be happening soon then hopefully tonight was just wrapping up what's left storyline wise from the last few months.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 19 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

im no longer a slater hater.. im a slater rater baby!! his facial expressions cracked me up a bit. looked a bit like karl pilkington but with long ginger hair

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

A bit of a boring Raw.

I was happy to see Foley turn up, dont mind WWE doing this interm GM thing for Raw and Smackdown for a while. Hopefully they will name a new GM on the 1000th episode of Raw. Bit suprised Foley was only in one segment at the start of the show. Im guessing we will see more of him on Smackdown this week.

After the ending to the tag team match i wouldnt be suprised to see a Daniel Bryan vs Kane feud. No complaints but where does this leave the 2 titles.

Good to see Dolph and Swagger finish as a team. But i was hoping Vikkie would screw Dolph and side with Swagger. Now it just doesnt make any sense. Maybe a Dolph vs Swagger fued with Vikkie edventually siding with Swagger leading to a Dolph face turn.

A lot of air time IMO was wasted with the Roddy Pipper segment. Funny at times yes but still a complete waste of time.

Finally a poor ending to the show. No need for Teddy to be out there just pointless. Big Show and David Otunga walking out pointless. O well at the least Cena Big Show feud is over ... i hope. Big question now is Whats next for Cena?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:10 pm

What an awful raw, wrestlemaina, extreme rules and the raw's inbetween were getting better but the last 2 ppv's and raw is a step backwards imo.

To announce the tag match (with the 2 world champions) I assumed that was the main event watching it, but then Johnny to announce the main event of raw was that stupid handicap match which turned out to be Otunga vs Cena as a main event is beyond words and I dont care anymore. Like Punk I do too wonder why alot of people still watch it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

Cyndi Lauper looked and sounded like she was at the tail end of a week long crack binge. Not a pretty sight at all. Not even the hot-rod could save it. Michael Cole's commentary was hilarious though.

Should have given Foley more segments in my opinion...if only to see him getting more shameless cheap pops.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

I thought the Lauper bit was rubbish. Slater was good, but Lauper almost took Slater's criticisms personally, like she didn't even realise it was all a show. I liked Michael Cole apologising for the "worst segment in television history", although the sad thing is he wasn't too far wrong.

I was hoping that they would all come out for the 3-on-1 handicap match then Foley would come out and give Cena some partners, and send out Brodus Clay and Kofi Kingston. As it was, that's the end of Laurinitus, not sure if Cena and Big Show will continue, or what will happen. I'd like to see them go again and Big Show go over.

Didn't the commentary team mention something about Punk being on a talk show Monday night as well? Maybe that had to get his part over with quickly, but I do agree that in general both titles need more prominence on shows. I think they might be lining up Punk Vs Kane, not sure what they'll do with Bryan (can't exactly go back to Sheamus).

I don't mind Dolph staying with Vickie, it certainly didn't hurt Edge. I hope the fact that neither man has turned means we won't see a Dolph/Swagger fued. The two worked well together, but I think Dolph needs to go long term with Sheamus, he was getting cheers at NWO and it's time to pull the trigger on him.

The GM thing isn't too bad, as long as it is only interim (I agree there should be a permanent appointment on the 1,000th show). I don't want to see the interim thing drag on long-term.

I think that just about covers my thoughts on it.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

Anyone think that maybe the GM issue may come into the HHH/Lesnar fued.

Trips taking control back, Heyman manipulating for full of control in return for a match wth his "client" at Summerslam with the legal charges being dropped. Following on from the HHH cant be a wrestler and GM and COO of WWE all at the same time angle we had in the spring.

Theyve always liked to portray Heyman as someone who would sell his sole for power, could be an extension of his character. Although Id like to think itll be Regal, had the job in NXT and from this week that goes to Dusty Rhodes so maybe a new role for Sir Regal!!

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

TheCelticGarbutt wrote:Anyone think that maybe the GM issue may come into the HHH/Lesnar fued.

Trips taking control back, Heyman manipulating for full of control in return for a match wth his "client" at Summerslam with the legal charges being dropped. Following on from the HHH cant be a wrestler and GM and COO of WWE all at the same time angle we had in the spring.

Theyve always liked to portray Heyman as someone who would sell his sole for power, could be an extension of his character. Although Id like to think itll be Regal, had the job in NXT and from this week that goes to Dusty Rhodes so maybe a new role for Sir Regal!!

I said a couple of weeks ago that HHH vs Lesnar should be for the position of COO, with Heyman gaining control if Lesnar wins. Then we could see Heyman screw everyone to get the title on Brock, and have him heelishly retain it until Mania, where CM Punk (the anti-establishment character, remember?) would beat the odds and win back his WWE championship. Not only would this give Heyman and Lesnars return some meaning, but having Punk actually WIN the title, not retain it, at Mania would fully help establsh him as a top level guy, completely shatter the glass ceiling. I dont think Heyman or Lesnar would mind putting Punk over.

But knowing WWE that'll never happen and Lesnar will fall back into obscurity after Summerslam.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

I think with ace moving out of the authority figure role and Heyman mentioning 'in heyman and lesnars wwe' on raw it could be possible that Heyman will become the next gm/kayfabe coo after lesnar defeats hhh at ss

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

Only just watched Raw this week.
Agree - it was a poor one.
Predictably, I thought Slater was immense, and this was the first, hopefully of many times that he stole the show.
I love the way he interacts with the crowd. "I don't care what you want'

I feel the tide of Slater Hating is turning on v2.
Its about time Smile

That segment was mental though. It was like closing time at a Wetherspoons, where Heath is the designated driver.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down