The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns.

Go down

Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns. Empty Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns.

Post by greggschickenbake Sun 30 Jan 2011, 7:31 pm

I can't help but notice the similarities between their first title reigns. Jericho defeated The Rock and Austin in 1 night to win the undisputed championship and throughout his title reign, he was touted as a major underdog. Before Royal Rumble 2002, Jericho wasn't taken 'seriously' and each major player in that Rumble confronted The Rock telling him that he'd be the one facing him at Wrestlemania. The 'King of The World' beat The Rock in front of a shocked crowd. That swerve was perfect in giving Jericho's reign a bit more credibility.

The Miz's reign came in his MITB win over Orton, The Miz has been treated like a major underdog in his reign. Cena telling The Miz that he'll have no chance come Royal Rumble against Orton (Clearly building up to a Cena vs Miz match at WM 27) In my opinion, The Miz looks extremely weak before each of his defences but seems to pull it off on the big stage, exactly like Jericho except against Triple H (Jericho given strong build-up but was 'buried' at Wrestlemania).

This is just an overview of both of the reigns, so your opinions are welcome ofc.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns. Empty Re: Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns.

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jan 2011, 7:54 pm

i dont know why, but for some reason the WWE like to make their champions look weak leading to the title match. And then the champ retains.
Orton has been on fire of late, he should bury Miz tonight, but i think Miz will retain.

But for Miz to have any credibility in my eyes, he needs to win clean tonight and if he does, he will be on his way to the hights that Jericho acheived.

Back to top Go down

Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns. Empty Re: Similarities between The Miz's and Jericho's 1st title reigns.

Post by greggschickenbake Sun 30 Jan 2011, 8:01 pm

Y I Man wrote:i dont know why, but for some reason the WWE like to make their champions look weak leading to the title match. And then the champ retains.
Orton has been on fire of late, he should bury Miz tonight, but i think Miz will retain.

But for Miz to have any credibility in my eyes, he needs to win clean tonight and if he does, he will be on his way to the hights that Jericho acheived.

Yeah, I agree. Orton has been on fire but I think The Miz will retain as well. I don't think he'll win clean tbh. Michael Cole claims that The Miz will try to win 'by any means neccessary'. I think we'll see that tonight.

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down