The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013?

+23
Moorsman
Sgt_Pooly
wasps
propdavid_london
SirBurger
Rory_Gallagher
Pal Joey
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Cumbrian
Ozzy3213
DaveM
yappysnap
Poorfour
beshocked
HammerofThunor
ScarletSpiderman
ChequeredJersey
profitius
LordDowlais
jeffwinger
Bathite
formerly known as Sam
Geordie
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013? - Page 4 Empty Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013?

Post by Geordie Wed 20 Jun - 21:25

First topic message reminder :

I know its early days yet as preseason training has pretty much only just began.

Which players will you be keeping a close eye on their development...bid to regain form or form after returning from injury etc

From a Newcastle start...aside from looking forward to seeing what division we'll actually be in...im looking at:

FH/Fb - Catterick. See if he can really bring out his undoubted ability. i hope to see him at Fh.
Sh/FH - Hodgson - Where will we utilize his creativity and skills...but light frame (or will deano bulk him up a bit and use him at 10 with Catterick)
LH Prop - Shiels - can he continue his developement as a strong LH prop...surely under Wells / Deano its a massive yes.

Back row: Huge changes here...Lipman and York having been brought in. Will York provide a powerful ball carrying presence at the back of the scrum. No.8 is a position Deano knows a bit about. Will Lipman give us some extra breakdown aggresion.
I also hope Welch, and Wilsons devlopement is continued. They played ALOT of rugby last season...maybe too much for young lads. Welch could be a real quality 7, and Wilson had some blinding games from 6 /8. I'd like to see him put a stone on.
Then there is Joe Robinson...at 18/19 a man mountain of a cumbrian at 6. Got a few games last season...how will Deano utilise his talents...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013? - Page 4 Empty Re: Premiership Players to Watch 2012 - 2013?

Post by EnglishReign Fri 13 Jul - 23:03

May isn't even a fullback though, he only played there when Olly Morgan got injured and we didn't have a choice. Now we have Thomas, Cook and Morgan when fit.

The fact that May made any sort of impression there is pretty special, sure he was awarded player of the month at 15. You'll see him a lot more at wing/centre this season, so he won't be judged as a fullback anymore.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4