The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vettel's Ferrari Contract Thing

4 posters

Go down

Vettel's Ferrari Contract Thing Empty Vettel's Ferrari Contract Thing

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

Been hearing that Vettel has a pre-contract with Ferrari for 2014 but RB deny this. Anyone know what's going on? (And hopefully able explain to me what it's all about)
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Vettel's Ferrari Contract Thing Empty Re: Vettel's Ferrari Contract Thing

Post by Bull Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:34 pm

source?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18524133

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2012/05/will_hamilton_stay_at_mclaren.html
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 21 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

intresting there.

as a Ferrari fan i would prefer to have Perez over Vettel dont get me wrong he is a very good driver but i would prefer to help build the kid Perez up and make him a big star.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 4:06 pm

I think it's pretty much true regarding this pre-contract agreement, just too many sources and talk regarding it for it not to be true. Even Helmut Marko stated there was a 'get-out clause' in Vettel's contract. I think he will know that he will have to win multiple titles at two different teams in order for him to be compared with Michael and there's no better place than doing it at Ferrari and the prospect of racing against Alonso. He's an ambitious guy who understands and recognises the importance of 'creating history' and we all know he is obsessed with breaking records and making sure he's won the most races in an Adrian Newey designed car. I expect in 2014 he will look for new challenge and environment and Ferrari would be just that.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

If true, I'd expect Nando to throw his toys out of the pram fairly quickly. In a team where there can only be one Number 1 driver, somebody's nose will have get put out of joint.

If the only reason Vettel has for leaving RB is because he wants a new challege (and possibly for the prestige of driving for Ferrari) then I suppose you have to give him credit for moving from a winning team, to one that is struggling comparatively.

Interesting though as Vettel's departure would pave the way for a move for one of McLaren's drivers.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:55 pm

I wouldnt say Ferrari were struggling in comparison to RB. I mean its only valencia vettel showed his old 2011 form and that could have been cos of the double floor RB supposidly have their car.

I just cant see Vettel going to ferrari and i cant see even more nando allowing it. This could mean a ferrari implosion - very mclaren-esque

Though i'll never say never and sit and wait until 2013-2014.

More importantly we dont know who will replace massa at the end of 2012, or will Ferrari renew his contract for another year.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down