The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too

+4
clivemcl
LeinsterFan4life
Sin é
kunu
8 posters

Go down

Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too Empty Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too

Post by kunu Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

I'm under no illusions as to why Ireland lost the series. The all blacks are better than us. End of. However the manner in which we did just begs belief. We are fast becoming the most inconsistent team in world rugby, and Kidney's Ireland are easily one of the most painful teams to watch and support I've ever seen. There is a consensus that our problems internationally lie with the provinces. That is not the half of it. Ireland are just horribly stale, and woefully behind tactic wise, playing a drift defense against wales was just daft for example, similarly how they completely failed to adapt to carters restarts over 2 games. We never bring anything new to the table. Kidney refuses to blood new players (in the past- mike ross, sean o brien, and in the present- Ian madigan, gilroy, and for some reason bringing Zebo ahead of them, who is probably the worst of the three). He said in an interview after the game it was a good opportunity for young players to learn. Why did he bring ROG at all then. Our only weapon, and reason for the 3 or 4 great performances in last 4 years (which really is all to do with passion and nothing to do with coaching) stems from our nationality and our ability to up the intensity purely when we're feeling hard done by. We will never progress under kidney, or any Irish coach at this point in my opinion. Kidney has been given immunity by the Irfu so far as he won the slam, that season aside and he's been terrible. If we don't aim for bigger things, we'll never achieve them. What other team comes within a 3 point margin 1 week,and an all time greatest defeat of 60 the next week. We came closer in 2005 with Anthony Horgan on the wing. This isn't disappointing (as it might get Deccie to leave), it's just pathetic and embarrassing.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too Empty Re: Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Thing is, Kidney doesn't get to read your rant. The people who get to read it (us) don't deserve it. Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too Empty Re: Another Kidney Rant, He Feckin Deserves it Too

Post by kunu Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

sin é talking about posts people dont want to read? bit rich Whistle Seriously though, I know its been talked about to death, I just can't let it go
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:52 pm

What players and coaches would you like to see brought in?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

kunu wrote:sin é talking about posts people dont want to read? bit rich Whistle Seriously though, I know its been talked about to death, I just can't let it go

Fair play to you for admitting that this is a 'look at me, look at me thread'. thumbsup
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

kunu, being someone that most peopl dont know and not a frequent poster is not a good place to start.

Never mind the fact there are already other threads discussing this, creating a topic with one massive big chuck of a a paragraph means a lot of people like me will not even bother reading this.

better luck next time, I'm away to one of the existing threads...

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

Venting anger more than anything. i nearly broke the television this morning, did break the remote, terrible stuff. Leinsterfan - players for the most part dont need changing, its tactics. Ireland just have nothing about them, and havent for the past 2 years at least. Id rather we went back to Eddie, if its possible.
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:10 pm

clivemcl wrote:kunu, being someone that most peopl dont know and not a frequent poster is not a good place to start.

Never mind the fact there are already other threads discussing this, creating a topic with one massive big chuck of a a paragraph means a lot of people like me will not even bother reading this.

better luck next time, I'm away to one of the existing threads...

bit elitist , heartwarming. Im not saying it is exiting, because it isnt, but you've just stated that you didnt bother reading the article, then branded it boring. Real sound there
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:35 pm

60-0 is disgraceful, embarrassing and unacceptable. Even against a great side like New Zealand it's beyond sub-standard.

We've been going backwards for three years. One more year of mostly unbearably poor performances and Kidney's contract ends. Only then can we see if us Kidney-blamers are correct. Or if Sin is right that the players aren't good enough, but inexplicably dominate European domestic rugby.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

The inconsistency of this side is inexcusable. None of the provinces have anything like this inconsistency and they all are obliged to switch around the personnel! Irish rugby teams were for ten years organized and consistent. This is an absolute disaster. I have never seen Ireland not score a point. This is not good enough. I would love it if we could sack half the players and the coaches. But my head tells me we have not much better options in either. God this is depressing.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:35 am

A coaching change can bring a new spark and sounds like the best thing for Ireland. Hope you guys get what you're looking for. Just out of curiosity, is there a coach out there that you guys would really like to see in the role?

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:37 am

Pat Lam and Martin Johnson are looking for the jobs!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

EBOP wrote:A coaching change can bring a new spark and sounds like the best thing for Ireland. Hope you guys get what you're looking for. Just out of curiosity, is there a coach out there that you guys would really like to see in the role?

Joe Schmidt or Mike Ruddock are the two realistic options.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down