The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton's new trainer

4 posters

Go down

Hatton's new trainer Empty Hatton's new trainer

Post by OasisBFC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Chances are he's not coming back and personally i don't think he should do or needs to. He had a career more successful than he would have imagined. Numerous titles at 2 weights and enough money to keep his great, great grand kids secure for life.

BUT let's think about it. Who would train him?

He's at a stage where he wouldn't be learning much. Going to someone so different like Mayweather turned out to be a mistake (his utter laziness didnt help). Learning to move his head and do things a lot differently won't work at this stage of a fighter's career.

Billy Graham is a no no as if Mayweather Snr.

A few years ago we were all saying Roach could have been great. His star has waned a little recently but he works a lot with aggression would could suit hatton. he also links people up with strenth & conditioning professionals who i believe hatton would need. his work with kerry kays was brilliant and lacking with mayweather.

certainly he'd get good sparring and hatton does like to travel to the states to train.

what about the others - manny steward??

what about adam booth? could hatton follow a game plan? Bob Shannon?
Could the old school methods of Calzaghe work?
Joe Gallagher? He's certainly be training with other pros and could be motivated with the banter and competition to show he's the best among his current lot.
Billy Nelson? Burns has matured into a fantastic talent.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Hatton's new trainer Empty Re: Hatton's new trainer

Post by azania Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

Marco Pierre White.

I reckon Shannon would train him. Hatton knows him well and he's a task master. Plus doesn't Matty Hatton train under him?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 24 Jun 2012, 1:45 pm

This topic is redundant until said fighter comes back. But he wont. Thankfully. Smile

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:22 pm

davidemore wrote:This topic is redundant until said fighter comes back. But he wont. Thankfully. Smile

its a what if scenario.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 24 Jun 2012, 4:41 pm

I pray he doesn't and to be honest I can't believe he would be able to compete at Championship level anymore, maybe Roach would do the best, but I can't see him really competing at a high level anymore, I think it's just been a bit too long and his style is not good for an aging fighter.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down