The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans

+3
socal1976
Jahu
hawkeye
7 posters

Go down

Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans Empty Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans

Post by hawkeye Sun 24 Jun 2012, 11:45 pm

Andy's great friend Novak as world number one and defending Wimbledon champion would perhaps be expected to be practicing his forehands and backhands in SW19 along with other players in the draw. Instead he chose to visit Andy's home country Scotland. When he was there everyone he met wanted to talk about Andy.

“Everybody we met in Scotland was mentioning Andy,” Djokovic said. “The driver who picked us up at the airport, the people who were in the hotel. They are proud of him and obviously the question they were asking the most is when is he going to win a grand slam.

“I said very soon because I really believe that. I really believe that he has the qualities. You can feel that there is a lot of expectations and pressure on his back. He feels it too, so I think it’s a matter of at the latter stages of events - semi-finals, finals - if he is able to fight with that at the right moment. It’s just a small margin that is missing.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/9352791/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-can-be-a-Braveheart-and-win-first-slam-says-Novak-Djokovic.html

It was nice of Novak to visit Scotland and reassure everyone and of course everyone in the locker room wants Andy to win a slam. Although I can't help feeling Novak might like to talk a little about his own Wimbledon, AO and US titles and the eight games in a row he won off Rafa a couple of weeks ago.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans Empty Re: Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans

Post by Jahu Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

Djoko, the authority on hope for Murray fans, and an analyst of Murrays quality.

What a cr@p media stunt. If he is Andy's mate, this should of been a private day out.

What has world come to when Djoko dishes hope/predictions to Murray's fans. boxing
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans Empty Re: Novak Visits Scotland To Give Hope To Murray Fans

Post by socal1976 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:29 am

As usual novak shows how nice and good a sportsperson he is. He is one player who has never trashed an opponent or accused them of luck or whatever. That is why he has a good relationship with the vast majority of the guys of all nationalities on tour. But as in life no matter your quality there will always be someone you don't like or doesn't like you, can't be helped.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:39 am

It reminds me a lot of the Henman days. I remeber Ivan said in 2004 that he believed Timmy would win. Sue Barker would pretty much hold Pat Cash, Johnny Mac and Boris into a half nelson until the said that Timmy would win Wimbledon. Either that of the Beeb reminded them of the high wages they were being paid and that NOT saying that Timbo would win may result in them not being asked back next year.

I'll never forget, when off the Beeb Boris suggested to Parky that Henbo could win the ladies. Or Johnnie Mac making a big joke about Henners on Letterman.

The moral of the story is - Novak is hardly going to go to bonny Scotland to say bad things about Andy Murray. Away from situations where he's meant to give the right answer he might be a lot less diplomatic. It would be suicide if he was to say "Andy will never win a slam" because the toffs down in SW19 would have his guts for garters! They need to have someone to support when Murray makes his inevitable exit around semi final mark. By going to Scotland to say nice things about Murray perhaps Novak will get the Wimbers crowd behind him for the final OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:42 am

socal1976 wrote:As usual novak shows how nice and good a sportsperson he is. He is one player who has never trashed an opponent or accused them of luck or whatever. That is why he has a good relationship with the vast majority of the guys of all nationalities on tour. But as in life no matter your quality there will always be someone you don't like or doesn't like you, can't be helped.

That may be the case but I thought Novak and Roger weren't on each other's Christmas Cards list??

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Super D Boon i don't think they will be splitting a strudel over a coffee with each other, no the Rog and Novak are not exactly chummy.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 25 Jun 2012, 3:03 pm

Like anyone knows what any of them think..........
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 25 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

He was looking for a sighting of the Loch Monster but instead he found Judy.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 25 Jun 2012, 6:51 pm

I caught the interview with Novak after his win today. He visibly preened as he was asked about coming back to Wimbledon as a defending champion. Novak could hardly believe it when he was asked about his dog and was about to launch into a long description of it as of course if the British press ask about your pets you are well on the way to being really popular.... When he was cut off and asked for his opinion on the controversy surrounding his friend Andy's injuries. Of course he sprung quickly to his defence but I can't help feeling a little sad that he couldn't finish telling us about his dog...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:28 pm

Do you really expect him to go to Scotland and say "Murray aint got a chance in hell of willing a slam while Me, Nadal and Roger are in the draw" ?

Last edited by erictheblueuk on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:35 pm

Talking about Scotland when is Butt-licker Baker back on? I wanna see Roddick dish out a pasting on him.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down