The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Games???

+9
Hero
BigPhil
compelling and rich
liverbnz
Pr4wn
GSC
Crimey
Bull
Fernando
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Games??? Empty New Games???

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jul - 11:40

My Xbox 360 has been sitting unused for months gathering dust and I want to do something about it. What games are already out or upcoming that are must gets for the back end of 2012

Back to top Go down

New Games??? Empty Re: New Games???

Post by Fernando Sun 1 Jul - 14:27

In your case id expect F1 2012 then you can whoop on Jenson Button's ass when you feel like it Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 1 Jul - 15:15

haha nando! Really need the next Assassins to come out or something like that. Last game I bought was LA Noire which was an age ago. I remember quality games just rolling off the shelves but the standard really has dropped. Looking forward to GTA but that can't be it surely for this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 1 Jul - 15:21

The Last Of Us is a really good one to check out!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 1 Jul - 15:41

There's usually a flurry of new games around November time for Christmas...but these days it's all part of franchises, particularly Call of Duty.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 1 Jul - 18:22

I've been playing Mass Effect and Skyrim so nothing new for me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 1 Jul - 23:51

Max Payne 2 is great fun, as is the witcher 2.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 3 Jul - 8:45

Maybe go look for some older, cheaper games if you're just waiting for the next AC to come out.

The Mass Effect series is great, Dragon Age is made by them and I am enjoying that, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Batman's Arkham Asylum/City...they're all good games that will be fairly cheap at the moment and keep you busy for a while.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 3 Jul - 9:15

Dragon Age Origins is good.

2 not so much.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 3 Jul - 9:27

I've only played Dragon Age Origins at the moment, don't have the second.

I imagine they rushed it out though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 3 Jul - 9:28

i dislike Mass effect i just found it completely boring and not interesting at all.

Red dead is all so an epic one to get.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 3 Jul - 10:14

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i dislike Mass effect i just found it completely boring and not interesting at all.

Probably the best story ever in gaming Mass Effect. If you want a good, immersing enviroment and story as well as a good game then Mass Effect will be your thing. If you just want to have a quick "shoot something now" game then it won't be.

I much prefer playing a game with a great story than one which is just quick, easy and simple.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 3 Jul - 10:36

Red Dead Redmption is excellent if you haven't got it. GTA on horseback.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 3 Jul - 10:40

Crimey wrote:
TheBrahmaBull wrote:i dislike Mass effect i just found it completely boring and not interesting at all.

Probably the best story ever in gaming Mass Effect. If you want a good, immersing enviroment and story as well as a good game then Mass Effect will be your thing. If you just want to have a quick "shoot something now" game then it won't be.

I much prefer playing a game with a great story than one which is just quick, easy and simple.

so do i crimey mate i hate games like COD , the games i love are games with fantastic and great stories hence the reason why Metal Gear Solid has become one of my Fav Series of games and is one of the best , only just got into it with the had collection then bought 4. the story to it is fantastic and very confusing which adds an element of intrest and "what will happen next" its not a shooter more of a stealth style game.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 3 Jul - 10:41

Crimey wrote:

so do i crimey mate i hate games like COD , the games i love are games with fantastic and great stories hence the reason why Metal Gear Solid has become one of my Fav Series of games and is one of the best , only just got into it with the had collection then bought 4. the story to it is fantastic and very confusing which adds an element of intrest and "what will happen next" its not a shooter more of a stealth style game.

Oh No Why Is This A Simple Game!!! one of the hardest i have ever played

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 3 Jul - 10:55

TheBrahmaBull wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Oh No Why Is This A Simple Game!!! one of the hardest i have ever played

I haven't played Red Dead, but as it is essentially just GTA on horseback, I imagine it's the same in terms of repetitive missions which are only made difficult by the game mechanics. I like the GTA games but the actual main point of the game is actually quite boring.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 3 Jul - 11:00

i was not talking about Red dead lol.
was talking about MGS!

Last edited by TheBrahmaBull on Tue 3 Jul - 11:17; edited 1 time in total

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 3 Jul - 11:02

Agree with you on that Crimey. The story of any of the recent GTA's are not so engrossing, but Red Dead is totally different. The story is excellent and the John Martsen character really reels you in. 'GTA on horseback' is a good description of the gameplay but not the game as a whole.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 4 Jul - 19:51

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Dragon Age Origins is good.

2 not so much.

i didnt mind 2 even though alot of people gave it bad reviews, as a stand alone game i dont think it was too bad, just think people expectations were so high because of the first. i agree there could have been alot of things done better that the first did, but over all i enjoyed it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 4 Jul - 19:55

im currently going through some older games, theres been loads of huge series and hits that ive totally not played, cod, Assassins creed, red dead etc

i just bought assassins creed 1, just started it last night

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Jul - 21:29

I'm guessing you played 1 only?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Jul - 21:30

compelling and rich wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Dragon Age Origins is good.

2 not so much.

i didnt mind 2 even though alot of people gave it bad reviews, as a stand alone game i dont think it was too bad, just think people expectations were so high because of the first. i agree there could have been alot of things done better that the first did, but over all i enjoyed it

Eh it just was just pretty dull after a while for me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 4 Jul - 21:58

nah i just played the demo for 2 as i have a PS3 and found it boring.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Jul - 22:09

Well if you play the demo of a heavily story based game :P
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 5 Jul - 7:54

TheBrahmaBull wrote:nah i just played the demo for 2 as i have a PS3 and found it boring.

If you didn't like Mass Effect, you're not going to like a game very similar to it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 5 Jul - 10:02

ive never played one since its not on PS3

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 5 Jul - 12:56

TheBrahmaBull wrote:ive never played one since its not on PS3

Then I don't understand how you can make this comment....

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 5 Jul - 13:05

not sure how either tbh i guess its cause one of my old mates kept going on about it that i felt like i played it Laugh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 5 Jul - 13:11

Haha.

Honestly I would recommend it even if you can't play 1. You can catch up on the story, and it does stand up as a very good game even if you ignore the story. 3 is excellent.

(1 also has the worst gameplay by a distance thumbsup )
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 5 Jul - 13:16

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Haha.

Honestly I would recommend it even if you can't play 1. You can catch up on the story, and it does stand up as a very good game even if you ignore the story. 3 is excellent.

Weirdly I preferred the 1st's gameplay, it was different and while the controls were crude, I didn't think they needed to make the level of changes they did for 2. The second one had EA's involvement all over it, I felt the gameplay became a little generic.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 5 Jul - 18:00

I went back and played 1 and its just clumsy tbh. Plus if you max out biotics, you're basically a god.

2 is much more polished imo.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sat 14 Jul - 13:28

Mass Effect 1 has the best story out of the three, and to me it felt like a great, fresh experience which really hooked me. It was a true sci fi RPG and I loved how Shepard was the face of citadel law in the game rather than his more outcast role in 2. Due to advances in the gameplay in 2, 1 is pretty much unplayable now.

2 was a much more refined game, sublime production values and tight gameplay, but I just felt like its premise of 'recruit a team and do the final mission' to be slightly underwhelming. Putting that aside it is a superb game.

Crimey's point about 2 having Ea's involvement all over it is a very good point, I did feel like EA must have told Bioware 'Introduce more shooting, make it 'darker', less on the exploration - that's what will gain audience appeal'

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sat 14 Jul - 13:33

liverbnz wrote:Red Dead Redmption is excellent if you haven't got it. GTA on horseback.
I disagree with this though, the mission based gameplay is similar to GTA but calling it just 'GTA on Horseback' makes it seem like another generic sandbox game. RDR takes the GTA format, turns it on its head and still manages to create such a magnificent re-imagining of the West with an engaging story, it's a technological marvel and one of the greatest games of this console era.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Feb - 19:52

Am I right in understanding that GTA V has been delayed until later this year?

What a disappointment, if true......

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 1 Feb - 20:41

17th September unfortunately Crying or Very sad

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 1 Feb - 21:37

rather its patched up when its delayed then get a game which is broken early

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 2 Feb - 9:20

Thought the same thing BB, makes my life easier though. GTA V and Alien: Colonial Marines where out pretty close together and the misses would have killed me if I'd bought both. Gives me a good excuse now though.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 5 Feb - 16:30

GTA V delayed? That's a bit depressing, although I too would rather have it doing what it should when its released. Only the second game I ever pre-ordered as well, and with the first being the somewhat disappointing LA Noire I'm not having much luck with that.

My guess is that the conspiracy theorists on this side of the Atlantic will be blaming the delay on the NRA's attempt to deflect focus in the aftermath of the Connecticut school shooting onto video games.

As for upcoming games I'm looking forward to the new Bioshock and may also buy the new Tomb Raider in a pathetic attempt to recapture my youth (from what I've read it's looking promising).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 6 Feb - 21:07

GSC wrote:Haha.

right my mate has convinced me to buy the game so if i can find 2 or 3 at tesco will start with that if not then ill be most probs going to oxford so could get it from there, he told about if you have not played the prevouis games that 3 explains in more detail but if you have it explains it as not much detail about the prevouis events

but then i guess i can judge it , i love story based games so lets see if what he calls the best game he has played which is ME2 is any good or 3.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sat 16 Feb - 20:24

You can now get the entire Mass Effect Trilogy for PS3 , which has to be the best value for money since the Orange Box

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb - 11:24

Far Cry3....I am in love with this game.

So good so far and seems to be getting better

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Sun 17 Feb - 11:41

Its superb isn't it, have you unlocked the knife throwing skill or the nicking the hand gun one? Thats when I started to be really cooking.

Awesome

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Feb - 11:43

Have unlocked the knife throwing one but not the other, but I've got like half a dozen unlocks i've yet to use

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb - 11:37

BigPhil wrote:
liverbnz wrote:Red Dead Redmption is excellent if you haven't got it. GTA on horseback.
I disagree with this though, the mission based gameplay is similar to GTA but calling it just 'GTA on Horseback' makes it seem like another generic sandbox game. RDR takes the GTA format, turns it on its head and still manages to create such a magnificent re-imagining of the West with an engaging story, it's a technological marvel and one of the greatest games of this console era.

Shocking bugs and flaws in RDR. The sinking into the sand and then crashing is a nightmare.

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Tue 19 Feb - 14:59

John what were you playing it on, I played it on PS3 and cant remember any glitches.

Maybe it was patched at some point , not ideal in the least I know

Theres something in my brain about flying horses but I might have read that about skyrim?

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Feb - 16:30

Had RDR on Xbox360.......was horrific. The flaws and crashing were unbearable to take. Got the game as 'used' and was some scratches on the disk but it was nothing serious. Began the game fine but then throughout I had to endure constant crashing, sinking into the sand while on a horse and just loading issues with buildings etc. Great game but ruined for me personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 19 Feb - 16:40

maybe stop being cheap and go buy a new copy?

#logic

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 19 Feb - 18:31

ive played through RDR on xbox 360 and had none of those problems, can think of very few glitches that i come across

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 19 Feb - 19:27

compelling and rich wrote:ive played through RDR on xbox 360 and had none of those problems, can think of very few glitches that i come across
Same here, played through on the 360 and can't remember a single glitch during the entire game (brilliant game, one my all time favorites).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by pscott Wed 20 Feb - 8:49

Not sure if buying a 2nd hand copy would provoke more glitches.

Its one of those games I've held onto , might load it back up to see if it looks as beautiful as I remember it!

pscott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next