The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The pain of being a Blue Jay fan

3 posters

Go down

The pain of being a Blue Jay fan Empty The pain of being a Blue Jay fan

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 02 Jul 2012, 1:15 am

Brit living in Canada and fortunate enough to get to a few games a season now (such as today's painful 9-3 defeat to the Angels). Frustrating team to support as we have to of the biggest hitters in theleague (Encarnacian and Bautista) as well as other top young batting talent in the form of Rasmus, who has been red hot lately and Lawrie at the toop of the order. All in all from an offensive standpoint we should have a good chance at making the playoffs. But our pitching. OUR PITCHING!!!

String of starters out the mix due to injury and more and more we are seeing the bullpen after less than 6 innings pitched.Cordobacomes out today and gets spanked all over the fireld, effectively lossing us the game when it was at 3-3. Alvarez, one of our young startes, can't pitch a win for love nor money. Argh! I'm really hoping we can pull it together and make a run this year.

How do you guys rate the Blue Jays chances this season? And who do you follow?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The pain of being a Blue Jay fan Empty Re: The pain of being a Blue Jay fan

Post by Thomond Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

I would have a bit of an affiliation with the Rays but wouldn't really be much of a fan. They're doing alright without a huge amount of money, playoffs might be a bit of a stretch but I suppose they performed a miracle last year. Don't rerally follow it that close though, would look up their results if I'm on ESPN or another American site.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm

I also am a Jays fan but yesterday's game was one of those you want to quickly forget.

They are one of the best batting teams and starter pitching has been suprisingly resiliant. Defence is strong.

The big weakness they have been carrying since the beginning of the season is the bullpen, which was supposedly fixed. I've never been a fan of Frasor but did expect much more of the new guys such as Cordero at the start of the season. Coello is another flop, as are Richmond and Chavez. So I have little faith in nearly half the bullpen.

Attendences are up but that won't be sustained if they can't fix the bullpen weaknesses.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

Sorry about score error, left in the 8th inning, obviously it finished 10-6. Our pitching is killing us, we lose so many games were we score 5 or more runs and thats going to start having a negativee effect on our hitters if they keeping knocking in runs just to see our pen pitch us into oblivion

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Tue 21 Aug 2012, 5:52 pm

Anyone still watching them? Team is largely unrecognisable as they have lost so many players through injuries. The bullpen has been strengthened but everything else has gone backwards. Top a month or so ago in offence and now near the bottom. So disappointing.

Happy however to see Baltimore continuing to do well. That's after years of being so poor. I hope they can get one of the WCs so their fans can be rewarded for years and years of under-achievement. Yahoo

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down