The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury on channel 5 now

+14
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BigPhil
smashingstormcrow
hogey
TheMackemMawler
azania
Happytravelling
OasisBFC
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
JabMachineMK2
GeoffSnapes
quentins_monkey
Josiah Maiestas
Sunnydapasingh1984
18 posters

Go down

Fury on channel 5 now  Empty Fury on channel 5 now

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:20 pm

Anyone watching?

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Fury on channel 5 now  Empty Re: Fury on channel 5 now

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

Yes, not very close is it. Which pub is Maddalone from?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

Yeah... He's looking pretty good... Think he mustve shrunk his shorts in the wash though... Wink

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm

Who his this oppentant he his fighting? He looks awful!

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:31 pm

Easy for Fury. Needs to seriously step it up in his next fight.

Boxing Fitness

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm

What the hell is that noise i can hear when Tyson throws punches? Sounds like a drum next to a speaker. Are they faking impact noises?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

The commentors would make you think Fury his fighting a modern day Lewis...what a joke!!

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

That was a nothing fight. Don't like Tyson Fury.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

It's stopped

This was an embarrassing matchup, who is this guy

Fury's power still doesn't look that good, he caught him flush ove rand over again and this guy got knocked down by adamek and stopped who is a cruiser weight with no power at heavyweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 07 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

w0wz!!!

This FuRy guy ist sehr gut!!!

Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:00 pm

fury looked tidy and in shape. he needs to step up in competition though, there was a whole VT before the fight with Wladimir and how the fight will be made next year if fury stays unbeaten.

big mick says he will be ready in 2-3 fights, which means 5 or 6.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:24 pm

Big mick should mean 5-6. Fury hasn't progressed in his last 3 fights.

I have begun to question how serious he is and if he is just a wide boy. Turn down a fight with Sexton but take a fight with the man Sexton beat twice just to prove you're "the hardest in Ireland".... then fight a man 50 rankings lower than him with an Irish flag behind... seems he's trying to impress an image more than improve. Bernstein's comments were hilarious

In the mean time, Price professionally put away the man he turned down..

Meanwhile, I feel a bit sorry for Eubank Jnr. They seem intent on challenging him! He has talent but I am worried they may demoralise him by putting him in against real live fighters so early. They are doing the total opposite of protecting him! ... It is possibly too much for such a young talent. But good on him for doing so well! But he needs to have a few easy fights so he can have the space to develop.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

Fury looked very good. Showed excellent combination punches, fast and accurate jab and did what he had to do and did it very well. He has very good handspeed and seriously good timing.

Great performance and on this showing will KO Price without much fuss.

People may criticise his opponent who as was described is no more than a C level fighter. But Tyson did better against Boystov, Adamek who have all fight this guy. He's the same calibre of opponent as Price's last opponent. In fact he's as good as all of Price's opponents.

Fury will be a legit world champ and will beat Vitali. Too fast and accurate for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:31 pm

His jab looked brilliant at times.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 07 Jul 2012, 11:43 pm

People need to be a bit objective here. Take away the dislike towards Fury. He looked brilliant. Had Price done that and looked as good as Tyson did, many here would have hard ons for him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

He looked brilliant against a pub fighter who would not last 2 rounds with Price. I will be glad when he gets his inevitable title shot based purely on the fact he has hung around long enough undefeated in a shocking division, then he will get blown away and shown up for the clown he really is.
I find it amazing on here people will slaughter a real skilled fighter like Kell Brook, but will give respect to Fury who i think is no better than the UK's answer to Butterbean.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:41 am

hogey wrote:He looked brilliant against a pub fighter who would not last 2 rounds with Price. I will be glad when he gets his inevitable title shot based purely on the fact he has hung around long enough undefeated in a shocking division, then he will get blown away and shown up for the clown he really is.
I find it amazing on here people will slaughter a real skilled fighter like Kell Brook, but will give respect to Fury who i think is no better than the UK's answer to Butterbean.

Has Price fought anything but pub fighters?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:50 am

Not really but against him they look like pub fighters, against Fury they often look like contenders. At the end of the day i can compare common opponents Big John took Fury to the cleaners once and only awful judging left Fury undefeated and also was well in it the second fight till stopped late, Price however wiped him out as if he was a 3 fight novice and looked on a different planet.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:08 am

hogey wrote:Not really but against him they look like pub fighters, against Fury they often look like contenders. At the end of the day i can compare common opponents Big John took Fury to the cleaners once and only awful judging left Fury undefeated and also was well in it the second fight till stopped late, Price however wiped him out as if he was a 3 fight novice and looked on a different planet.

Who has looked like a contender against Fury?

Big John was even bigger when he fought Price and was free of ambition. When he fought Fury he had just dropped a disputed decision against Williams and was still a very live opponent. Has Price fought anyone within the same galaxy as Chisora?

He wasn't well in it in the rematch. Fury won every round comfortably. Dont let your dislike for Fury blind you to obvious facts.

Price is good but if he fought Fury tomorrow, he will lose.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:10 am

Fury did look OK - effective jab, some accurate punching, decent hand speed. But it's hard to judge just how far he's come along, when he's facing such poor opposition.

The commentators were saying that his conditioning had improved, but he still looks way too fat for someone who is supposed to be a pro athlete. Podgy belly, not much muscle definition. The fact that Maddalone took some big shots and stayed in there perhaps suggests that Fury doesn't have as much power as you'd expect from a guy his size.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:14 am

smashingstormcrow wrote:Fury did look OK - effective jab, some accurate punching, decent hand speed. But it's hard to judge just how far he's come along, when he's facing such poor opposition.

The commentators were saying that his conditioning had improved, but he still looks way too fat for someone who is supposed to be a pro athlete. Podgy belly, not much muscle definition. The fact that Maddalone took some big shots and stayed in there perhaps suggests that Fury doesn't have as much power as you'd expect from a guy his size.

Some people are not cut as Haye is. Look at Holmes in his prime. Hardly a muscle man.

Madalone has been the distance with Adamek, Boystov and Pevetkin I believe. He is durable.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:22 am

azania wrote:
smashingstormcrow wrote:Fury did look OK - effective jab, some accurate punching, decent hand speed. But it's hard to judge just how far he's come along, when he's facing such poor opposition.

Some people are not cut as Haye is. Look at Holmes in his prime. Hardly a muscle man.

Madalone has been the distance with Adamek, Boystov and Pevetkin I believe. He is durable.

Maddalone got knocked out in 5 (and hit the floor) 2 years ago by adamek who is a cruiser weight who has shown no power at heavyweight

He has never fought povetkin I don't think but boystov beat him on the cards 4/5 years ago when maddalone was 34 and boystov 21/22

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:26 am

The guy is a gate keeper. He's expected to get beat by a B- level fighter. Fury did what he had to do. He rocked him a few times and stopped him legit in 5. He would have KO'd him if it continued.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

azania wrote:The guy is a gate keeper. He's expected to get beat by a B- level fighter. Fury did what he had to do. He rocked him a few times and stopped him legit in 5. He would have KO'd him if it continued.

Im more pointing out that he should have finishe d him in 5 and in doing so shouldn't really be praised

This guys still backward step after backward step since chisora and the fact team fury (channel 5) even said he was a c level fighter means that he is going backwards

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:36 am

Its obvious Fury is still learning. He's putting into practice what he's gaining from the gym. It wouldn't surprise me if he was trying out what he learned. Just like how he came out as a leftie in his previous fight.

So much emphasis is put on the chisora fight. Its like a poison chalice around his neck. He should be having learning fights at this stage of his career. He should have 4 or 5 more fights at a level above this guy before stepping up to the B+ fighters. There is no rush.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Sun 08 Jul 2012, 4:51 am

Its good to see Our Tyse doing well. People's biased views of disdain against him leads him to get a bad reputation from the 'purists'.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:20 am

azania wrote:Fury looked very good. Showed excellent combination punches, fast and accurate jab and did what he had to do and did it very well. He has very good handspeed and seriously good timing.

Great performance and on this showing will KO Price without much fuss.

People may criticise his opponent who as was described is no more than a C level fighter. But Tyson did better against Boystov, Adamek who have all fight this guy. He's the same calibre of opponent as Price's last opponent. In fact he's as good as all of Price's opponents.

Fury will be a legit world champ and will beat Vitali. Too fast and accurate for him.

Laugh beats Vitali and Price on a performance of beating a C Level fighter. Behave

Put him in against Helenius and see how he does or someone live for that matter

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:38 am

Fury may trouble the K bros, not because of any skill but merely because of his size which will always be a problem for anyone.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 11:49 am

Haha. Can bot believe what I'm hearing on here. Fury would batter price if they fought tomorrow?? Based on what?

Tyson Fury is an absolute joke. Last night the commentary was aweful comparing maddelone to Lennox lewis and other quality fighters when he is nothing more then a c fighter. "Fury has a jab like Holmes" what?! Haha.

Hope to god this sucker gets spanked in his next fight.

Surely it has to be Price vs Fury next.

Clean up domestic division first and then go onto the world level.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:02 pm

"Fury has a jab like Holmes"

One of the commentators said this? Oh dear.

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:30 pm

Has Price fought anyone as good as Madalone?

As for Vitali, the guy is now woefully over-rated. Prime for the taking and whoever beats him should not get much credit for beating a shell of Vitali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:45 pm

I dont know about that AZ - Vitali beat a competent heavy in Chisora with an injured shoulder - I reckon hes got enough in him to take competent heavies like Fury and haye.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:50 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:I dont know about that AZ - Vitali beat a competent heavy in Chisora with an injured shoulder - I reckon hes got enough in him to take competent heavies like Fury and haye.

Maybe so. All he is now is competant. He is far slower than before. In fact he makes Fury look like a steedster. I'd take Fury over him as well as Haye over him. Haye would KO him imo. People have to remember that this is not the Vitali of 10 years ago.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

True but Haye hasnt the nerve, otherwise he would have detonated with more regularity on Wlads chin - remember he's in it for the money and fury hasnt the sense to do so. I think vitali is less than what he was but more than either of the two. As for a KO - I could agree with Vitali losing to Haye right now though strongly doubt it - It would never be a KO. Haye doesnt throw often enough or hard enough at heavy to do much damage - and Haye moves backwards while throwing a punch - robbing it of al lot of his power. A man who gets outjabbed by a faded ruiz who was never great by any stretch of the imgination will struggle with a fading Vitali who still has a half decent jab, size advantage and some intelligence behind it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 1:03 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:True but Haye hasnt the nerve, otherwise he would have detonated with more regularity on Wlads chin - remember he's in it for the money and fury hasnt the sense to do so. I think vitali is less than what he was but more than either of the two. As for a KO - I could agree with Vitali losing to Haye right now though strongly doubt it - It would never be a KO. Haye doesnt throw often enough or hard enough at heavy to do much damage - and Haye moves backwards while throwing a punch - robbing it of al lot of his power. A man who gets outjabbed by a faded ruiz who was never great by any stretch of the imgination will struggle with a fading Vitali who still has a half decent jab, size advantage and some intelligence behind it.

It doesn't take nerve to detonate on Wlad's chin. It takes skill and Wlad had more than enough skill to ensure Haye couldn't do that. Vitali doesn't have near the skills of Wlad.

I dont think boxers are fighting for anything other than money. I don't see why Haye should be probably the only pro boxer in history to fight for glory.

Haye was outjabbed by Ruiz dor about 30 seconds in one round. Lets get some perspective eh.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down