The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question.

2 posters

Go down

Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question. Empty Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question.

Post by drsambo1928 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 12:29 am

I've watched all the episodes of The Wire and it is my favourite show. I cannot fault the show for anything I can think of.....

But....

A question has been lingering in my mind, while I think Omar is one of the top characters and he strengthens the success of the show, Why don't the Barksdale or Stanfield crews on the corner just shoot him. I mean, I know he is legendary but how can it not cross the mind of one of the 'muscle' to just shoot him when he's walking away.

It makes no sense, especially the episode where he is in his robes looking for cheerios. I just don't see how it never crosses the mind of any of them. I know it's just a show but am I missing out on some information as to why none of them even try to shoot him. Sure he wears a bullet proof vest, but they don't protect you from a rain of bullets.

Answers please

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question. Empty Re: Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question.

Post by Nay Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:13 am

I would need to watch the episode again, but I don't think that their is any barksdale crew around that episode while he goes to th shop.

A bounty was put oh his head, but the muscle could just never get to him, Omar knows the streets and how the game is played and who the players are so can easily stay out of sight.

Most of the actual drug houses are manned by kids whomdont have weapons so Omars reputation and shotgun are enough to scare them into not fighting back.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question. Empty Re: Fans of The Wire Can you answer me this question.

Post by drsambo1928 Sun 08 Jul 2012, 3:42 pm

Nay Bother wrote:I would need to watch the episode again, but I don't think that their is any barksdale crew around that episode while he goes to th shop.

A bounty was put oh his head, but the muscle could just never get to him, Omar knows the streets and how the game is played and who the players are so can easily stay out of sight.

Most of the actual drug houses are manned by kids whomdont have weapons so Omars reputation and shotgun are enough to scare them into not fighting back.

I know it's only a television show but it's just not right. When he's in his robe, why don't one of the guys in the house just shoot him, he has no body armour and no shotgun. The kids in the drug houses would defientley have some form of protection, it's ridiculous to think that there would be absoloutley no form of protection against some one coming to take potential profit.

Even when Omar is waiting for the bag of pills, why don't they tell their muscle to hide until he comes looking for them again, and just shoot him in the face when they open the door. It's just silly. And to ambush him would be so easy, it's just a really silly part of the whole show. And not only that, who eventually kills him? Its not muscle,it's not brother monzoune, its just some kid, if he can get a gun then I'm sure drug house tenants can too.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 08 Jul 2012, 7:03 pm

There is genuinely no protection at the drug houses, the reason being is that the Barksdale crew run the neighbourhood and everyone knows it, the neighbourhood is run on fear.

It is only kids that deal or handle drugs so that they do not do time, As soon as guns or protection are near the drugs, it attracts attention which they don't want

That is why the drugs are moved daily instead so that no one knows where it is, every time Omar steals the drugs it is because the crew got sloppy.

As for Omar being ambushed, he does more research and has his ear to ground just as much as the barksdale crew so if they are going to get him, he knows as they know. Also remember that Omar is a police informant, and the police have a wire tap. He is well warned and can hide out easily out.

The Kid killing him is one of the key themes of the Series in that the game in the same its the players that change. no one expected that Kid to be the one to kill Omar, it just happened.

remember at the end michael becomes the new Omar and you have seen the training he gets, he was the muscle and enforcers who incidentlly came the closest to getting to Omar, so knows how they think

the Wire is an incredibly accurate depiction of the the drug scene in Baltimore, I would recommend the book that accompanies the show as this has many of these answers and more.

I would also recommend watching through again if you can, because a lot of these questions you also pick up on the subtle details second time round

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down