The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman.

+4
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
majesticimperialman
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman. Empty Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman.

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

He assumes the role after Martin Thomas stepped down July last year and Paul Murphy had assumed temporary control. Murphy becomes RFU president.

The reshuffle was started a while back when John Steele was ousted and judge Jeff Blanket decided the former RFU chairman and nine of his cronies were guilty.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18762293

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman. Empty Re: Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman.

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 08 Jul 2012, 7:10 pm

I feel very glad for Beaumont.

He has given his all for England in one way or another.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman. Empty Re: Bill Beaumont announced as RFU Chairman.

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 08 Jul 2012, 7:53 pm

I seem to remember it being said all of the board should have resigned EXCEPT Beaumont. That suggests he's the best of the bad bunch.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 08 Jul 2012, 8:41 pm

Chairs ...deck ...titanic

But yes he is the one who has the reputation of not being a back stabbing self serving @rse so who knows, maybe the politics and back biting will calm down a bit.
Never liked him on Question of Sport though.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 08 Jul 2012, 8:45 pm

At least you will get a "say it as it is" man. He as always seemed a no nonsense type of person and I suppose this is the type you need, he reminds me a lot of Brian Moore in his attitude and that can only be a good thing.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 08 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

As Stuart Lancaster has done a huge amount of good PR for the RFU I am sure Bill will do the same from the inside out.

Great bloke with a great reputation.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 09 Jul 2012, 12:10 pm

thumbsup nice comment Maesteg. Ahhh the good old days when we were all rugby gentlemen.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 09 Jul 2012, 12:26 pm

maestegmafia wrote:As Stuart Lancaster has done a huge amount of good PR for the RFU himself

I edited that for you.Lancaster has actually ran down the RFUs reputation and even now continues to paint the past in as negative a light as possible to create the impression of success for himself.
His latest press statement is a case in point " yes from a results point of view the tour wasnt great, but at least noone got mixed up in any trumped up off the field activities which whilst reported on the same level of genocide were infact complete non events , so from that point of view I am a complete success" Whilst at the same time accepting straight back into his playing team Danny Care, making Hartley his reserve captain,and adding the thug Clarke to his squad whilst hes still serving his ban and retaining celebrity talcum powder expert Matt Stevens.
Yes on the surface he may be doing his best to manipulate public opinion, but the reality is thats based on media spin and not having the Rob Andrew factor actively leaking negative stories to undermine him and his squad.
Im not sure if that really constitutes salvaging the reputation of the RFU.

Beamount, lets wait and see.In theory hes the saviour of the known universe.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 09 Jul 2012, 12:47 pm

Isn't that He-Man? Or do you mean...........[awful mental image] Beamont in that wierd chest strap thing and leather pants...[shudder]

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

I HAVE THE POWER!!!

NB: was this the position that was almost given to a women before the farts closed ranks?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Mon 09 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

This move was predicted a while ago by ESPN:

http://www.espnscrum.com/scrum/rugby/story/89044.html#

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:As Stuart Lancaster has done a huge amount of good PR for the RFU himself

I edited that for you.Lancaster has actually ran down the RFUs reputation and even now continues to paint the past in as negative a light as possible to create the impression of success for himself.
His latest press statement is a case in point " yes from a results point of view the tour wasnt great, but at least noone got mixed up in any trumped up off the field activities which whilst reported on the same level of genocide were infact complete non events , so from that point of view I am a complete success" Whilst at the same time accepting straight back into his playing team Danny Care, making Hartley his reserve captain,and adding the thug Clarke to his squad whilst hes still serving his ban and retaining celebrity talcum powder expert Matt Stevens.
Yes on the surface he may be doing his best to manipulate public opinion, but the reality is thats based on media spin and not having the Rob Andrew factor actively leaking negative stories to undermine him and his squad.
Im not sure if that really constitutes salvaging the reputation of the RFU.

Beamount, lets wait and see.In theory hes the saviour of the known universe.

Not a big fan then Peter?

The majority seem to tow the PR line and believe in Lancaster. I, personally, am still waiting to see any strengths in his coaching.

He has cleaned up the rep of the team since the world cup, reignited a bit of life into the team. But the recalling of Clarke prior to the end of his suspension for a heinous act is not a wise move.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

Fair comments Maest.

Im a Lancaster sceptic rather than a hater.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 09 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Fair comments Maest.

Im a Lancaster sceptic rather than a hater.

I think Lancaster will serve a long honeymoon period, similar to Johnson before. And there will rightfully be plenty of sceptics until he actually does something of note.

England made a great account of themselves through the nineties and early part of the last decade. I was a big admirer of Jack Rowell and Cooke before him. They made a massive change to England's fortunes.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Mon 09 Jul 2012, 7:10 pm

Nothing against Beaumont, he seems a decent enough bloke. I do think the RFU would have been better off appointing a fresh chairman who is new to the Board. Beaumont may be seen as too close to the past failings.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down