The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What next for Chisora? David Price??

+17
eirebilly
Imperial Ghosty
manos de piedra
Josiah Maiestas
TopHat24/7
J.Benson II
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
ShahenshahG
tunes666
Rowley
BoxingFan88
superflyweight
Happytravelling
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
Sunnydapasingh1984
21 posters

Go down

What next for Chisora? David Price??  Empty What next for Chisora? David Price??

Post by Sunnydapasingh1984 Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:33 pm

3 defeats now in the last 4 fights.

I personally think a fight against David Price would generate food interest and a good step up for Price at the same time. I would think Price as the tools to get rid of Chisora within the distance but would be a good domestic clash.

Sunnydapasingh1984

Back to top Go down

What next for Chisora? David Price??  Empty Re: What next for Chisora? David Price??

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Would see Chisora lose another on the bounce mind.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

What next for Chisora? David Price??  Empty Re: What next for Chisora? David Price??

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:04 am

Chisora needs to get a couple wins and NEEDS to get into bloody shape. Haye was blowing at the end of the rounds and I know it's easy to say this and that, but If he was 235-240lbs I thought he could have pulled off the upset

Price needs an opponent like chisora but chisora needs a couple of wins

4 decent wins, new trainer and then rematches with fury and helenius would be open as would price

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 am

I actually think Chisora's in good shape, he looks as though he could have gone at that pace for 12 rounds, had David not nearly taken his head off with that left hook mind....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:25 am

Chisora would blow Price away. Good and easy fight for him to take.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:27 am

Az, thats bordering daft saying thats an "Easy" fight, and you know it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:09 am

Azania, you're on a wind up. Price is coming on well. Not polished but he won't fight Del boy.

I am probably the only person who really likes Del. He was robbed against Helenius and gave Vitali a test, if not a tough one.

Chis and his corner showed their inexperience and the ref was a bit premature. With approx 20 secs to go he should have just hung on. The ref calling it with less than 10s was premature. Chis game plan was always to take it to the later rounds.

Chis seems to lack confidence. He did it against Fury. He deliberately came in heavy to "bully" his opponent. But he is actually a decent fighter and the weight doesn't really suit him.

If I was him, I'd go to the US and fight the stock contenders. In the UK, he doesn't really have anywhere to go. Fury is to interested in back of caravan fights and Price won't want to risk it. So, who next? Sprott? Go to the US and fight Ruiz, Michell etc. where at least his qudos for pushing Vitali will give him some audience. And, to be honest, even with his poor gym guidance, he is probably better than most of them anyway.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 am

Price is chinny. One hit and he plays the bambi character well.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:13 am

Happy

I like Chisora. Always comes in to fight and always gives good value. Can't disagree with much of what you say other that the stoppage wasn't premature. The ref is not the timekeper and his job is to call it when he sees it. Its not his job to keep an eye on the time and give Chisora a little extra. Ian John Lewis woud have done that though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:18 am

Azania, I appreciate what you're saying. You're probably right. Just didn't think Chis was that badly gone. The ref has some idea of time. But ultimately, it was Chis and his corner that made the wrong decision. With 20s to go and their man in trouble the advice should have been just to hold on not try out man Haye.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

I doubt Chisora heard any calls from the corner. Plus this is the first time he's been decked and probably didn't know how to react. He needs more experience which will come. I agree he should go to the states but I fear that away from home comforts he could eat himself to oblivion.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 am

I think Chisora was finished to be honest, it's the same situation as Taylor Chavez 1 almost, if he's not able to continue properly despite the time, then he's gone in my book, as for Price having the worst chin ever, it isn't as though Chisora has Mike Tyson like power to seriously expose that, he takes a solid punch and is wobbled one time and has the worst chin ever, I seem to remember you complaining about us talking about how ridiculous it is that people jump on the bandwagon about someone being chinny if they have been wobbled once.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:24 am

There's more evidence of Az being at the wind up than there is of Price being chinny. Mind you, there's more evidence of Az being at the wind up than there is evidence of Darwins's theory of evolution.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:54 am

Chisora may have got up but had he taken any more of those punches from Haye, he might not have got up so quickly the next time.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 am

To be fair he may be right about Chisora blowing Price away, what with Chisora's Earnie Shavers like power that is so evident in his fights

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

rowley wrote:To be fair he may be right about Chisora blowing Price away, what with Chisora's Earnie Shavers like power that is so evident in his fights

haha, he might wear him down with the pressure though...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:06 am

Chisora took on some big fights a little too soon, I think he should step down a level and work on things, build up some more confidence as a loss is never good. I Agree with the comment that he should have come in a bit lighter, same weight he came in against Vitali. As against Haye he looked sluggish at times..

Needs to get a few more "W"s on his record and with only 19 pro fights he could still work on one or two things before having a shot at the best in the division again.. But one things for sure, even though he has lost a few times he has shown to be a very competitive heavyweight and still has a decent future at 28.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:11 am

Second that tunes, inexperience caused that knck out though haye would have taken him out in the next couple anyway the way it was going. Hes courageous and entertaining so he still might have a little more in him.

I think Frank has pulled off a masterstroke - signed price, had all the stars watching from ringside - 30000 tickets sold and boxnation streaming to 50-50 nations. Raised the profile of Chisora and one or two scrappers on the undercard.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 am

azania wrote:Price is chinny. One hit and he plays the bambi character well.

Says the boy who nearly started crying last week when someone called George Groves chummy haha. Get a grip you clown.

I noticed on your KHAN!!!!! thread how you washed your hands with your obsession with Khan just because he got beat. Really shows the kind of fan you are. Stick to wrestling or UFC kiddo. You have no idea what it's like to be a real fan.

I hope you don't have kids Az, bad enough that we are subjected to one of you already, would be a disaster to be cursed with another lol
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Mods, can you remove te post above by Dee. It has nothing to do with the thread and just a silly and random attack. But most importantly, there is no need to bring my kids into a debate. This prat is obsessed with me and I find his stalking weird and worrying.

Cheers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:19 pm

Chisora needs to move down a level and fight a few lesser opponents to get regain his confidence although I can't see him being involved in any more major fights.
I just don't think he's dedicated enough. Under 240lbs would be his ideal weight but his training is to erratic to make this possible.
Its a shame because I've got a soft spot for him. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he always comes to fight and I quite enjoy his entrances. The Union Jack face bandanna and having Vangelis as your ring-walk theme was pretty bada$$.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:35 pm

azania wrote:Chisora would blow Price away. Good and easy fight for him to take.

All aboard the Az WUM train.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Not wumming at all. Price has not fought someone who can get past his jab or someone who can throw punches. His chin is weak imo and once clocked will drop like a sack.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:05 pm

This prat is obsessed with me and I find his stalking weird and worrying.
lol
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:01 pm

azania wrote:Not wumming at all. Price has not fought someone who can get past his jab or someone who can throw punches. His chin is weak imo and once clocked will drop like a sack.

In your opinion, based on nothing seen since he turned pro Rolling Eyes Unlike Derek's power which has been shown to be lacking.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:Not wumming at all. Price has not fought someone who can get past his jab or someone who can throw punches. His chin is weak imo and once clocked will drop like a sack.

In your opinion, based on nothing seen since he turned pro Rolling Eyes Unlike Derek's power which has been shown to be lacking.

So who has he fought?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm

Who has exposed his chin?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:30 pm

I dont think his options are all that great really now. Presumably he wont be getting a UK licence anytime soon after the fallout with the BBBC which will make him an unnattractive opponent for domestic fighters like Price or a rematch with Fury.

He probably wont get into the U.S with his rap sheet and without a British licence. The WBC have him banned at present also.

It could be back to Russia or some place like that to face some Easten European heavyweights, at least until his licencing issues can be resolved.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Who has exposed his chin?

The Italian cop at the olympics.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Who has exposed his chin?

The Italian cop at the olympics.

I am talking about the pros, amateurs are very different, ask your boy Khan.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Khan got decked in the ABA semis by Craig Watson. A good indication he is a chinles wonder. Haye got stopped by Solis in the World Amateurs. A good indication he is chinny. Price got bambid in the Olympics by a part time Cop. A good indication he is chinny.

In the pros he has fought the sum total of sod all.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 am

He could fight a K-bot and you'd still have a chip on your shoulder.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 am

Camarelle was a world class amateur who should have turned pro, he had all the tools to do well so not an embarrassment.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 am

Az, you loose credibilty when you make comments like that. There is no doubt, as you go up the weights it is far easier to get KO'd. so, relating Khan with Price is meaningless. Once you get to heavyweight, very few fighters can withstand a good shot. So, calling Price or Haye "chinny" when they fight in the heavier weigths is meaningless.

I have to say, Chis has one of the better chins in the HWs but he can still get KO'd

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:40 am

I think that with a little more experience that Chisora could be a very good boxer so i am 100% with Happytravelings idea for Chisora go to the US and fight the stock contenders.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:00 am

The americans dont allow convicts to go to america - deny em visas

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:12 am

Didn't price get dropped heavily in his first or second fight? Albeit a punch after the break and the next punch Price landed knocked his opponent into next week if I remember correctly...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:47 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Didn't price get dropped heavily in his first or second fight? Albeit a punch after the break and the next punch Price landed knocked his opponent into next week if I remember correctly...

Haven't you been listening to Az?!?! As soon as someone glances Prices chin he is going to get knocked out. Didn't you see the amateur bout where he was down for about 3 seconds, got up, appeared fine only for the ref to wave it off. Rolling Eyes

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Price's chin is so bad he checks the weather before leaving the house, if they predict too strong a wind he stays in.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Provocative much?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:25 pm

i think price does need to prove his chin, im not saying the amatuers proved he doesnt have one- as the stoppages normally are very soft compared to the pros, but the question has been asked and he has yet to anwser the question.

according to eastside sprott or skelton could be next, another opponent that will be a walk in the park for him. if he keeps fighting these opponent the it is inevitable that people will doubt him. he may have vitalis chin, but we wont know until he takes the plunge. id like to see him fight mike perez.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Price is a hype job like Audley Harrison before him. How ironic they are fighting each other next! After the last Harrison fight against Haye I am surprised there is anyone who thinks this is a good match up and cant spot that Price is fighting poor fighters in an attempt to appear better than he actually is. Will this be the passing of the hype job torch?!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 pm

alma wrote:Price's pro career has so far been a bit embarrassing. There's talk of him fighting Michael grant. He needs to be fighting someone of that level next after Harrison. If it's someone like sprott then I'll stop watching.

Why has it been a joke, what do you think he should have fought already? World class fighters already? I truly don't understand it, he's still a novice pro. It's a pretty standard career so far and his opponents have only gotten better. Such an exageration with words like "embarassing".

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:28 pm

id like to se chisora get a couple of wins under his belt. ive grown to like him, even if he is a complete muppet.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Degale and Groves were both pushed fast, stalled a bit of late due to injuries and promoter squabbles, Mitchell has had the luxury of not having to be on TV every fight, and because of this has progressed slightly faster, that said a past Ibragimov and a past it Audley.... Not a great difference. You talk about Price as if he's progressing as fast as Wilder.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down