The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan Statement

+6
qc2
Valero's Conscience
TopHat24/7
Union Cane
azania
Tony B Liar
10 posters

Go down

Khan Statement Empty Khan Statement

Post by Tony B Liar Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

Khan Statement released to the press this afternoon.

Amir Khan Statement (16 July 2012)
I would like to thank all my fans and well wishers for the amazing support I've had from you since my defeat on Saturday night. Obviously the fight never went as planned but credit has to go to Danny Garcia who caught me with a good shot in the third round that I couldn't fully recover from.
I guess that's boxing, where one punch can change everything, it's the reason so many fans love the sport. Many fighters down the years have bounced back from defeat to prove their greatness and that's exactly what I intend to do.
I've never shirked any challenge or refused to fight anyone in my division even though it would have been easy for me to do so. Some may say that attitude is the wrong one to have but I've always wanted to please the fans and be involved in exciting fights because many of you pay good money to come and watch me, and it's only right that you get to see the best fighting the best, especially in an age when so many top fighters hand-pick opponents.
I'm going to spend the next few weeks relaxing during Ramadan and recharging my batteries after what was a 16 week training camp for me. I'll then sit down with my team to assess the options in front of me.
Well done to Danny Garcia on his performance, but I promise that I'll bounce back stronger than ever as I look to regain my spot at the top of the 140lb division.
Amir Khan
Tony B Liar
Tony B Liar

Back to top Go down

Khan Statement Empty Re: Khan Statement

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

clap

Classy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:02 pm

Classy, humble, and magnanimous.

I wonder who wrote it...???
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

Froch

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

Now that Amir is a classy loser, how long will it take you Brits to warm to him even more?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

azania wrote:Now that Amir is a classy loser, how long will it take you Brits to warm to him even more?

About as long as it'd take you to warm up to him/A N Other for being a complete and utter bell-end.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

Nice one Khan, he must be devastated Garcia one with the all the smack talk his dad gave!

I'd like to see an instant rematch but I can't see Garcia doing it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

The word "shirk" gives me cause for suspicion as to the author of this statement

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:The word "shirk" gives me cause for suspicion as to the author of this statement

Petty.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by qc2 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 3:39 pm

It seems he finally has some sense within his camp. I didn't think for a moment while reading it that it was written by him.

Hopefully whoever did write this has been tasked with controlling all of his PR; I'd make the Twitter account my first priority.

qc2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

He said pretty much the same thing immediately after the fight. He's always been a classy guy. Its just some fools looking to read between the lines when they can hardly read what's on the lines itself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:00 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:The word "shirk" gives me cause for suspicion as to the author of this statement

Petty.

Maybe...but it has the same tone that Wayne Rooney's statement did after his foul mouthed tirade at TV cameras the other year and no-one's convinced Wayne wrote that (the crayons would go blunt writing some of the longer words).

However, whilst Khan may be playing the "gracious in defeat" card, wouldn't it be nice if he apologised to everyone for taking his eye off the prize? It's all well and good saying "these things happen in boxing" but they tend to happen much less frequently if you focus on the man in front of you and stop looking forward to a megabucks fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Khan can be accused of complacency but he can also be accused of arrogance in overlooking his opponent at the wekend. Pride goes before a fall and all that!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:

Petty.

Maybe...but it has the same tone that Wayne Rooney's statement did after his foul mouthed tirade at TV cameras the other year and no-one's convinced Wayne wrote that (the crayons would go blunt writing some of the longer words).

However, whilst Khan may be playing the "gracious in defeat" card, wouldn't it be nice if he apologised to everyone for taking his eye off the prize? It's all well and good saying "these things happen in boxing" but they tend to happen much less frequently if you focus on the man in front of you and stop looking forward to a megabucks fight with Floyd Mayweather.

Khan can be accused of complacency but he can also be accused of arrogance in overlooking his opponent at the wekend. Pride goes before a fall and all that!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

This is without doubt the most stupid thing I have read here. Beats anything Waingro ever wrote. Why should Khan apologise to anyone? WTF does he owe anyone? Disliking Khan is one thing, but writing dipdh.t rubbish to put him down is another.

How do you know he overlooked his opponent? Was he overlooking Maidana when he was clocked by him and nearly knocked out?

Pathetic and in fact makes pathetic appear sensible.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:23 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:Nice one Khan, he must be devastated Garcia one with the all the smack talk his dad gave!

Well why would Garcia give him a rematch? It's not as if Khan gave Maidana or Prescott a rematch is it? Also Garcia is the official number 1 at LWW (something which Khan claimed but never was) so he can pick and choose who he wants, I don't buy into this Khan is the best option as he is the star, as far as I'm aware he hasn't been on PPV in the USA and to sell tickets he had to go to his opponents home town in his last fight, the rematch was only lucrative because it was "controversial" first time round, Also I feel GBP will move Khan down the pecking order now they have an undefeated American champion with a KO style and has Mexican heratige, also like or loath him his dad can talk up a fight in an empty room

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

azania wrote:He said pretty much the same thing immediately after the fight. He's always been a classy guy. Its just some fools looking to read between the lines when they can hardly read what's on the lines itself.

Yeh, the fall-out from the Peterson fight (pre-doping admission) was very classy....... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:29 pm

no-mas wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Nice one Khan, he must be devastated Garcia one with the all the smack talk his dad gave!

Well why would Garcia give him a rematch? It's not as if Khan gave Maidana or Prescott a rematch is it? Also Garcia is the official number 1 at LWW (something which Khan claimed but never was) so he can pick and choose who he wants, I don't buy into this Khan is the best option as he is the star, as far as I'm aware he hasn't been on PPV in the USA and to sell tickets he had to go to his opponents home town in his last fight, the rematch was only lucrative because it was "controversial" first time round, Also I feel GBP will move Khan down the pecking order now they have an undefeated American champion with a KO style and has Mexican heratige, also like or loath him his dad can talk up a fight in an empty room

Peurto Rican heritage, it's considered an insult to get them confussed with mexicans.

Apparently there's a video on youtube of Brother Nazim saying Khan has been struggling to make 140 and that he's weight drained. Interesting if true and makes a step up to 147 all the more likely.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:32 pm

hampo171 wrote:
no-mas wrote:

Peurto Rican heritage, it's considered an insult to get them confussed with mexicans.

Hampo, I stand corrected sir, still point stands then as puerto ricans like the Mexicans have massive followings in the US.

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:34 pm

I agree entirely with the following, very interested to see who Garcia fights next and also what belt he decides to give up.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Khan Statement Empty Khan Statement

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:38 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:

Petty.

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

This is without doubt the most stupid thing I have read here. Beats anything Waingro ever wrote. Why should Khan apologise to anyone? WTF does he owe anyone? Disliking Khan is one thing, but writing dipdh.t rubbish to put him down is another.

How do you know he overlooked his opponent? Was he overlooking Maidana when he was clocked by him and nearly knocked out?

Pathetic and in fact makes pathetic appear sensible.

He was KO'd by someone a few rungs below him on the boxing ladder. All his talk recently has been of superstar-dom and a fight witn Mayweather and you can bet your left nut he took his eye off the ball. A fight with Mayweather was touted as far back as Maidana and Khan was lucky to escape that night too.

GBP have wanted someone to take Floyd out for years and Khan was their pet project in that respect. Khan has had honey dripped in his ears by Oscar and he's made the fatal mistake of believing them.

As for hating Khan, Az, do me (and yourself) a favour and be quiet. I'm no fan of the guff he occasionally comes out with but he's been one of the few fighters who impressed my over the past few years. He needs to decide if he was to be a boxer or a "star" and make the necessary adjustments to his team and his regime. Maybe he has what it takes to come back but with the tactical errors against Lamont and this weekend's blowout, he can't have many chances left.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:49 pm

hampo171 wrote:
no-mas wrote:

Apparently there's a video on youtube of Brother Nazim saying Khan has been struggling to make 140 and that he's weight drained. Interesting if true and makes a step up to 147 all the more likely.

Khan came out and said he made the weight for this fight easily?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

Did he not say that at the weight in? Can't recall him saying it after the fight, obviously not sure how true it is but if someone can try and find the video that'd be helpful. Think it was embedded on a thread at ESB but I'm in work so can't check.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 16 Jul 2012, 8:49 pm

Very classy from Amir Khan, the worry I have is he gets badly hurt every time someone clips him on the chin. That was the first time Garcia got him cleanly. I re-watched the Prescott fight and the reaction to getting hit was exactly the same, his whole body seizes up and his face starts sagging. I have the same feeling of dread that I had when Pacquiao knocked out Hatton. He could come back and get some good wins, but as soon as he faces someone who can punch a bit and take his shots, its going to be the same outcome.

I know he is only 25 but I don't want to see him get blasted out like that. He didn't really get hit that much for the first 2 rounds....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down