The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick of phoney grudge Matches

+12
Super D Boon
TopHat24/7
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
88Chris05
Rodney
seanmichaels
Atila
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bhb001
hampo17
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sick of phoney grudge Matches Empty Sick of phoney grudge Matches

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Funnily enough the two biggest grudge fights of the last year have been Warren promotions!!!..

First we have the cleverly-Bellow showdown..Where they are trying to get at eachother and spewing invective..low and behold it's lovebites at dawn afterwards...

Then we have the the Haye-Chisora totally overblown stuff...fences dividing the rivals etc.......low and behold it's lovebites at dawn....

Oh but Warren doesn't condone this kind of stuff!!

Don't you 606ers who bought in to it feel mugged???

Never bought it for one minute!!! Seems to be getting Boxnation good ratings though!! So get ready for the next big rivals that hate eachother and then swoon after the fight!!..like a cheap Jackie Collins novel..

Lost all respect for Bellew and Cleverly after that fight..I like a grudge to stay after the fight!! Or else I feel conned.

Give me Starling v Breland type grudges anyday (They still spew on eachother years after)!!!

PS... Heard haye on the radio the other day!! What a sad sack he is!! Thinks beating a blob who had lost against 3 of the last 4 guys he fought.. makes him the only contender out there for VITALI???

Mate I know you're self obsessed and arrogant but you stunk against Wlad...and now VITALI is the best Heavyweight in the world according to you and you want him!! especially now he's 41!!

Why not Wlad???

Haye you're a pathetic waste of space muppet.....just get lost!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : split personality!)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Sick of phoney grudge Matches Empty Re: Sick of phoney grudge Matches

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am

I believe there was genuine animosity between Haye and Chisora. And it doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Also who do you think REALISTICLY, has a chance against Vitali other then Haye?

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 am

Dont think Clev vs Bellew was meant to be a grudge match just the way Bellew you tried to get under Clevs skin made it appear that way, but there was certainly something between Haye and Chisora. Unless Warren faked the whole punch up in Munich and Haye trying to smack them with a tripod.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 am

I agree with the sentiment. Truss could have added Haye vs Harrison to that and we may also start to see another link!! I still think Vitali owns Haye six days out of seven with the seventh just a light smack down, but I do not see the fight happening. Vitali has other goals in his life other than boxing and has nothing to prove. Why does he need to take four months of verbal abuse to prove something he already knows and make someone else rich!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am

Never bought the hype. Never bought the fight. I won't put a penny in the pocket of Warren/BoxNation even if he's showing Manny v Floyd for a fiver, nevermind a fraud HW vs a nutcase with no undercard at £20 a pop including registration.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Never bought the hype. Never bought the fight. I won't put a penny in the pocket of Warren/BoxNation even if he's showing Manny v Floyd for a fiver, nevermind a fraud HW vs a nutcase with no undercard at £20 a pop including registration.
Good post. OK

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 am

It was a good fight between 2 top 10 heavies. Chisora was right in it up until the 5th and a lot of people had Haye gassing in those final few rounds. Not sure what the complaint is.

As for the rivalry, Chisora showed grace in defeat. Isn't that something we generally like to see? Can't have it both ways (ie criticising people like Froch). Being put to sleep like Chisora was doesn't leave your 'beef' with much credibility going forward.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 am

The way I see it Truss, I think the die hard boxing fan is a dying breed now I really do, So promotors are forced a hand and are trying to glam up marketing fights in a more barbaric way to entice new followers. Manny Pacquaio is hammered on here for having no personality and touching gloves every round, at times I shake my head because I cant stand all the hubba balloo before a fight, others love the WWF like approach, look at Tyson and Lewis not so long back, a shield of security in the ring, afterwards Tyson is stroking Lennox's face in a adoring manner. I'll always stand by boxing in gentlemans sport, but I'm afraid thats beginning to be phased out.

Ive never shared a ring with anyone, so I'm unable to comment but it maybe true after a genuine grudge, you fight and you respect one another, youre not best of friend but gain respect whether you're a loser or a winner.

I'm no Warren fan but unfortunately his no different from the other promotors out there, thats Arum and GBP included.

cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:52 am

I don't like these phoney grudges either, Truss - however, I don't have a problem with real grudges which come to an end after the two involved have fought, and I believe that Haye-Chisora falls in to that bracket. I don't believe for a single second that the Munich debacle was premeditated or anything like that, and while Warren and his cohorts naturally overplayed it, I think it's fairly obvious that there was a real animosity and antipathy between Haye and Chisora. They both wanted to fight each other in the worst possible way, as the saying goes.

I don't think it's all that far-fetched to think that two fighters who dislike one another, or who have clashed on a personal level in the past, can find a degree of respect and admiration for each other after squaring off, and nor do I think it's something that we should criticise them for. Feuds may be good for ratings now and then, but fighters shouldn't feel obliged to continue them simply to please us fans.

I agree wholeheartedly that blatantly fake 'rivalries' are cringe-worthy at times, but I'm not sure that Haye-Chisora really applies there.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

I hate the fake grudges but I don't think the Haye v Chisora fight was a fake grudge match but the bromance afterwards was a bit to much. A shake of the hands and that's it.

I totally agree with you on Cleverly v Bellew that was fake.

Cotto v Maragarito 2 that was a grudge match. Cotto refused to even look at Maragarito in the ring before the fight and wasn't interested in any handshakes afterwards.

To many fights are sold on a grudge now to many fighters think its the way to sell a fight. A personality is more important but that seems to be lost on most fighters.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

I'll be honest......The hype this fight got on here was shameful....

I mean selling out a soccer stadium for a bum who'd lost 3 out of 4...... fighting a guy who ran like a thief in his last fight!!

Only a big fight because they were like two drunken bums in a nightclub post-Vitali.

Talk about scraping the barrel...where is the class????

I imagine now Luxembourg is the commission that runs Boxing over here..we can get ready for more spitting and brawling in public!!

Not condoned of course!!

Don't think this fight was worth it...guys...put Boxing and you guys who were salivating in a bad light!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:30 am

Never a fight I cared all that much about. I'm not a big fan of the heavyweights anyway. It was no better a fight that Adamek v Chambers a week before it.

I would defend the Luxembourg board however because they never broke any rules the BBBoC and the EBU handled it very poorly.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

Luxembourg are the lowest of the low!! and If it wasn't for the European bill of rights should be kicked out of the sport...

How dare someone sponsor something in another Country that has been banned!!!

Absolutely SCANDALOUS!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

Its not uncommon Sauerland doesn't hold a German licence because he has had trouble with the German board.

No one was banned Chisora had his licence withdrawn and was free to reapply to any board or commission he wanted to.

If the BBBoC had banned Chisora then it wouldn't have happened. Instead they did nothing but tried to make it look like they did something to keep people happy who either had a biased view or no real interest in the sport but somehow they were morally outraged.

The EBU and BBBoc tried to bully the Luxembourg board but they never said anything about the WBO and WBA who were also involved.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:00 am

Mate the BBB of c wouldn't sanction it!!!...They govern Britain..

For another Country to come in and do it was shameful....

Sorry there is no argument mate!!

Off Scot-free for assaulting a guy at the weighin...spitting in a face and then brawling in public!!!

Great...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 am

He never got off scot-free he got fined. The BBBoC should have banned Chisora then it wouldn't have happened. They chose the ridiculous punishment they are judge, jury and executioner which is ridiculous.

No one broke any rules the behaviour of the BBBoC and the EBU threatening fighters that were going to box on the bill that they would have there licence withdrawn was shameful.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:09 am

A paltry little fine........when he got ten times the amount when Haye was sanctioned!!

Come on!!!! You can't have other countries going over your head!!

You write some cracking stuff but your way left-field on this one Mate!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 am

Mate I never liked the fight and would have liked to see Chisora properly punished but the BBBoC fudged the issue and left the door open for it to happen.

They then acted out of spite but them and the EBU were in danger of breaking rules. If it had been dealt with properly in the first place then it wouldn't have happened.

It wasn't a loophole either which a lot of people were saying. A ban would have meant Chisora couldn't have got a licence from any body affiliated the the EBU and therefore it couldn't have happened in this country so it wouldn't have happened.

The BBBoC are a terribly run company they tried to get the Sports minister on their side and he took one look at how they were run and said he wasn't interested in getting involved.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

If the british board of control are in charge of fights in this Country and said it shouldn't happen !!

then it shouldn't happen in this Country!!!!

How would you feel If Barton's 12 match ban was overurned by the Greek football association and he played the first game of the season!!

what would be the point anymore????? ANARCHY would reign!!

you need governing bodies to be respected...

Shameful...

You make good a good argument but I disagree.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

But were not really disagreeing we both feel that Chisora should have been banned and the fight shouldn't have happened. The finger of blame is where we differ.

The Luxembourg board probably took a bigger sanctioning fee for that fight than they would get in 5 years of sanctioning fights. You know how it works mate cash is king.

I just think people have to been caught up slating Warren and the Luxembourg board fair enough they deserve some stick but they haven't broke any rules when the BBBoC handled it appallingly.

The BBBoC general secreatary Robert Smith was on Ringside before the case was heard discussing the case. That shouldn't be happening.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If the british board of control are in charge of fights in this Country and said it shouldn't happen !!

How would you feel If Barton's 12 match ban was overurned by the Greek football association and he played the first game of the season!!

Shameful...

That isn't the same though. The BBBoC didn't ban Chisora, as PBK pointed out. Barton would on the other be allowed to go play for a Greek side and, if their first match was a UEFA cup match against a British side he would be allowed to take to the pitch here.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If the british board of control are in charge of fights in this Country and said it shouldn't happen !!

Shameful...

Well if the BBBoC would have just banned him, and made a stipulation that he would have to attend anger management before he was given his licence back, non of the above would happen.

Your Barton arguement is flawed straight away as Chisora was never officially banned.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

He wasn't allowed to fight in this Country!!.. by the governing association who refused sanction!! In effect he was banned hence Luxembourg getting involved!!

Anytime I think back to the old fightnews and shengy days and think maybe they weren't so bad!!

I take comfort in the fact that I have you to remind me of them!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am

Having your licence withdrawn and and being banned are two different things.

Do you agree that if the BBBoC had banned him he wouldn't have been able to box anywhere in the EU?

I think the BBBoC made a huge balls up here. They only have themselves to blame.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 am

He was banned from taking part in a Haye fight over here by the controlling body..

that's a green light is it???..Give it a rest..

Frankie pie too... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 am

He wasn't banned from fighting in this country he could have reapplied for a licence with the BBBoC but they put the hearing on Chisoras licence back until the end of July so Warren went elsewhere.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 am

So he couldn't fight....right?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He wasn't allowed to fight in this Country!!.. by the governing association who refused sanction!! In effect he was banned hence Luxembourg getting involved!!

If he was 'in effect banned', why didn't they just actually ban him? Or do you refuse to acknowledge there's a difference?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 am

Why didn't the bbbc sanction the fight???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why didn't the bbbc sanction the fight???

Because they fudged the issue and withdrew Chisoras licence and never banned him. A date was set for a hearing about Chisora getting a British licence but the BBBoC put it off until the end of July so Warren went elsewhere. He was never banned and Warren and the Luxembourg board may have acted in poor taste but they never broke any rules.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Whether they fudged or didn't he was banned till July from fighting..

and was banned by the ruling body!!

If I'm suspended from work...I'm banned from going there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 pm

No he wasn't he never had a British licence but was free to go anywhere else to get a licence. If he was banned he wouldn't have been able to get a licence under anybody affiliated to the EBU.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was banned from taking part in a Haye fight over here by the controlling body..

that's a green light is it???..Give it a rest..

Frankie pie too... Cool

He couldn't take part cos he didn't have a licence, not because he was banned. He obtained a licence and was able to. If he was banned he wouldn't have been able to fight.

Quite simple actually Truss, but am not surprised you're unable to grasp the concept

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:28 pm

PS... Heard haye on the radio the other day!! What a sad sack he is!! Thinks beating a blob who had lost against 3 of the last 4 guys he fought.. makes him the only contender out there for VITALI???

Mate I know you're self obsessed and arrogant but you stunk against Wlad...and now VITALI is the best Heavyweight in the world according to you and you want him!! especially now he's 41!!

Why not Wlad???

Haye you're a pathetic waste of space muppet.....just get lost!!.

------------------

clap Yahoo clap

rose rose

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm

If you are thrown out of the WWE could you wrestle for another company, I think so. However, I think you are right Truss, it is a disgrace that one country's ruling body should undermine anothers. I loved the fight though, so in a wierd way, I'm glad they did!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 pm

But Mackem mate if the state of Nevada commission say's a wrestler can't compete there..he can't regardless of other "Companies"...

Should be the same here..

Agree about the disgrace bit......

Dangerous precedent was set and for what?? a fifth rate fight!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

The BBBOC withdrew Chisora's licence "indefinitely" but added the caveat that he would be able to apply for other licenses in different countries. So what did they expect?

They should have withdrawn the license for a set period of time so Chisora knew where he was and should NOT have delayed Chisora's appeal hearing. The BBBoC screwed it up by their own arrogance and I'm glad the fight happened because it'll teach the governing body a lesson that they can't stamp their authority and then decide to allow Chisora back in when they feel like it.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

They expected him to reapply.....no doubt!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:If you are thrown out of the WWE could you wrestle for another company, I think so. However, I think you are right Truss, it is a disgrace that one country's ruling body should undermine anothers. I loved the fight though, so in a wierd way, I'm glad they did!

But they never undermined anyone. No one was banned and the Luxembourg board are affiliated to the EBU. Kalle Sauerland doesn't hold a German licence because he has had trouble with the German board does he undermine them every time he puts on a show in Germany?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Who gives a toss whether they are affiliated with lucipher himself..

The bbbc are the controlling body!!

Tell you what let's have the german government putting taxes up in this Country even though our government is against it!!

What Luxembourg did was morally criminal If legal.....

This is a guy who attacked a guy before the fight..spat in a guy's face..and then was brawling in public after the fight...

They are called the BBBc for a reason!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Yes because they are supposed to govern the sport in this country including disciplinary matters. They never dealt with this properly from the start so they got what they deserve.

Morals go out the window when money is involved and quite right. I would rather be rich and morally bankrupt than broke but morally sound.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who gives a toss whether they are affiliated with lucipher himself..

Tell you what let's have the german government putting taxes up in this Country even though our government is against it!!

I see straws are being clutched with your ridiculess examples.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Don't think anyone's arguing to strenuously that it was morally wrong but the facts are that the BBB of C failed to punish Chisora and Warren manipulated the situation.

The BBB of C may need an overhaul but it's a situation borne of their own incompetence.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:58 pm

They did punish him they told him to wait till July when he could argue his case!!...

Banning him in every sense of the word till then....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:01 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Yes because they are supposed to govern the sport in this country including disciplinary matters. They never dealt with this properly from the start so they got what they deserve.

Morals go out the window when money is involved and quite right. I would rather be rich and morally bankrupt than broke but morally sound.

How's that wall Kev? You've been banging your head against it for 3 hours now!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Yes because they are supposed to govern the sport in this country including disciplinary matters. They never dealt with this properly from the start so they got what they deserve.

How's that wall Kev? You've been banging your head against it for 3 hours now!

The walls standing strong but my head hurts! Crying or Very sad
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:04 pm

No, they said he couldn't hold a British Licence, they didn't say he was banned for competing in a boxing match (licenced or otherwise) under the umbrella of another organisation. They should have done, but they didn't.

What they implied or what they hopedit meant and what it actually meant are very different things.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 pm

No as there was no precedent for it.. they probably didn't think there was a need to..

After all who the hell believed another two-bit Country would usurp the governing body like that!!

Let's face it Luxembourg was the only one...with the audacity and they should pay for it!!

If the bbbc thought it was okay..they wouldn't have played hell...

they were basically saying Chisora could fight abroad in front of another commission not at home..

where THEY have jurisdiction!!!!!!!

red tape and all that...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 pm

But they know the rules of the EBU so they must have known it was a possibility either that or they need a new legal team.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Look......There was no precedent for such a thing...France, Germany, Spain etc wouldn't here of going over another Country's governing board's head!!!

It doesn't happen!!! ...

This set a dangerous precedent.....

Every Country has a governing board to deal with it's issues!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next