The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany Player to Leeds

2 posters

Go down

Germany Player to Leeds Empty Germany Player to Leeds

Post by Brendan Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:02 am

From Sky

Germany international Damien Tussac has agreed to join Leeds from Top 14 outfit Toulon.

The 24-year-old prop has signed a 12-month deal at Carnegie, with Tussac having already teamed up with the club for pre-season.

Tussac has been capped seven times by Germany and will provide competition for the tighthead position in the front-row.

Leeds director of rugby Chris Gibson said: "We are very pleased to have secured Damien for next season.

"He is a player with great potential and will add to our group. He has family in Yorkshire and so was keen to come and play in England.

"He is an imposing figure and is very determined to learn the language and make his home here in Leeds."

Is he the first Germany to make it to the professional league.
With the stereotypical being big and strong are we likely to see them be another country to harvest forwards from. It also has to be a sign of germany's development as this is usually one of the steps recently taken by Russia.
Or is this just going to be a one off.

Thought please

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Germany Player to Leeds Empty Re: Germany Player to Leeds

Post by gowales Thu 19 Jul 2012, 11:14 am

I think it's a one off because he was born in France and has lived there all of his life. So he's really actually French. He qualifies for Germany because of his grandmother. According to Wikipedia anyway.

So all in all he didn't come through the German system. Unless there are lots of English and French players with German heritage who are willing to play for Germany then you aren't going to see to many German players in pro leagues in the near future. I think there are a few Germans in the lower French leagues, but again i'm not sure if they are German or German qualified.

gowales

Back to top Go down