The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent?

+11
Super D Boon
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Valero's Conscience
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
alanqlm
bellchees
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
TRUSSMAN66
bhb001
15 posters

Go down

So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent? Empty So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent?

Post by bhb001 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:16 pm

Warren trailed it last Saurday and so far nada. Anyone got any further information or in sights?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent? Empty Re: So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

It's Jones jr...

He's a legend still near his prime and he also has good relations with the Luxembourg commission...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent? Empty Re: So When Exactly is This Annoucement on Cleverley's Next Opponent?

Post by bhb001 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Many a jest, Truss, many a jest .....

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:36 pm

Their was a rumour it was Mikel Kessler going around twitter the other night but I doubt it. Frank is tight with Sauerland though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Mustn't forget Frank hasn't got too many stars to fill all Boxnation dates!...

So don't expect anybody too troublesome!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Their was a rumour it was Mikel Kessler going around twitter the other night but I doubt it. Frank is tight with Sauerland though.

That would spell bad news for Clev, he needs a step up but not that far.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:39 pm

I am pretty confident its gonna be Enzo, 1st week in November.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:41 pm

Gutnecht, Braehmer or even Dirks would all be a step in the right direction.

So probably none of them.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

alanqlm wrote:I am pretty confident its gonna be Enzo, 1st week in November.

About the level that Frank would consider. Another circus (although the last one was entertaining!)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

I think they are waiting to see if Karpency can get a week off in the Hospital to have a rematch. A few other nurses are on annual leave around November, but if Karpency can swap shifts with someone......THE REMATCH IS ON!!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:56 pm

I wouldn't be shocked at Jones as Jones is desperate for a cruiserweight belt to complete his set (MW-HW).

Jones is eyeing another route to the title but if that fell through he may entertain Cleverley as he has no power so no KO threat.

Doubt it'll happen but it's the kind of fight Warren would relish and once Cleverley wins announce that he's "beaten an ATG!"

Ps - I was too young and not into to boxing when Calzaghe was a newly crowned champ. There wasn't forums back then but did Calzaghe get the same criticisms as Cleverley i.e. poor level of opposition?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jul 2012, 2:57 pm

Don't honestly believe Cleverley needs to pack that much of a wallop to see off Jones. Malignaggi might be able to take him out these days

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:06 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I think they are waiting to see if Karpency can get a week off in the Hospital to have a rematch. A few other nurses are on annual leave around November, but if Karpency can swap shifts with someone......THE REMATCH IS ON!!!!!

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Don't honestly believe Cleverley needs to pack that much of a wallop to see off Jones. Malignaggi might be able to take him out these days

I'd back Cesar Rene Cuenca to have Jones out of there inside three rounds.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=129817&cat=boxer
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

That will be Khans next fight. 100%

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

Some folk could well have egg on their face if Warren does pull a name out of the bag, however not sure why anyone cares either way, if he fights someone decent I’ll pay attention, if he doesn’t I won’t which is pretty much my approach to any fighter. Remember kids Cleverly is a product of boxings malady not the cause of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 19 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

Cleverly has gone on record saying it's gonna be big and maybe a unifcation fight - in other words it'll be Polish toilet cleaner from Krakow.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 19 Jul 2012, 8:52 pm

I was just reading the Deontay Wilde thread. Are we sure that Deontay is with Goldenboy and not Frank?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:13 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Cleverly has gone on record saying it's gonna be big and maybe a unifcation fight - in other words it'll be Polish toilet cleaner from Krakow.

Surely that would be a urinefication fight?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:14 pm

Adam D wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Cleverly has gone on record saying it's gonna be big and maybe a unifcation fight - in other words it'll be Polish toilet cleaner from Krakow.

Yet another cleverly fight that will be poo pooed

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:15 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Adam D wrote:

A defication fight?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

Adam D wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Adam D wrote:

A defication fight?

Only if he quits on his stool

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:19 pm

I wonder if the WC Belt will be on the line?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:24 pm

Count on it, they'll probably exploit a loo hole

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

And give him a standing pee pee count
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:48 pm

Its a dangerous fight. These fighters give it all and are willing to die....areeah to win
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

Can we just agree the next fight will be crap?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:44 am

you took your time bhb001 were you bogged down?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:19 am

Whatever the announcement is, Cleverley will be panned!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:23 am

He's throwing his career down the toilet.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:24 am

I sure hope he has someone ready to wipe up the mess his opponent will leave sharing the same ring as the WBO Champion

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

I'm sure the winner will be flushed with sucess

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

Is Fireman Jim Flynn still knocking about?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down