The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens next?

5 posters

Go down

What happens next? Empty What happens next?

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:17 am

Ok, here's the scenario. It's the RWC final. You're 5 points down. It's the 79th minute. The opposition puts in a dabbing grubber kick angling across the goal posts and your fullback gathers it but retreats over the try line between the posts. What happens next?

You have to describe the action that ensues. You can use existing players or people you'd like to see in your squad. You can choose who your opposition is. Anything is possible but marks will be given for realism. It doesn't have to be one phase of play. Until the ref blows his whistle, the ball can be in play for however long you want it to be. Winning entries will go in the draw for moral victories in the 2015 RWC so there's a lot at stake. Let the fightback begin.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

What happens next? Empty Re: What happens next?

Post by tigertattie Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:39 am

well, first of all, it is silly of my opponents to kick away possesion in the 79th min when they are protecting a one score winning margin.

That being said.

Fullback (lets call him Hastings) gathers the ball, goes to give it an almighty kick up the other end of the park.
The opposition centres (lets make one carling and one greenwood) both jump into the air to try and charge down the pending kick
Alas thoguh, the kick is a dummy, and now a gap has appear my fullback goes romping up the pitch,
Thier fullback, who joined thier attacking line prior to the grubber kick, is way out of position and it's an open field to run up.
My fullback makes it to the halfway line, but my opponents winger (he shalt be named Robinson) has tracked back and about to tackle my fullback in full flight.

So, my fullback, just as he is about to be hit from a flying tackle, puts boot to ball and chips the ball towrds the centre of the pitch.
My centre (we'll call him townsend) is now running after the ball but my oppenents scrum half (he who is named Dawson) is in hot pursuit.
My Centre then gathers the ball, and the crown gasp as he appears to stop for no reason.
But alas, this is to out fox my opposition scrum half.
The scrum half runs passed my centre, my centre then starts running again, and as the scrum half stops realing he has been wrong footed, my centre smashes him leaving the scrum half KO'd on the floor
As the scrum half is lying sparkled on the grass, his question of sport co-captain (lets call him tuffers) shouts "wake up you uselss fool" (this has no bearing on the play on the field by the way)

As my centre approaches the 22, the oppositon stand off (lets call him johnny) has ran up to try and stop the winning try.
My centre, being a bit shot of breath now, elects to spin a wide, flaoting pass over to the left to my fast approaching winger (lets call him Macvisser)
My winger catches the perfectly weighted pass and cuts inside and starts heading for the posts.
Alas, my opposition No 8 (we shall call him Lawrance) has trundled up the field and is about to put in a high tackle on my free flowing winger.
Just as the dirty sod applies his forearm to my wingers face, my winger pops the ball up and to the left and it is miraculaly caught by by short, lardy prop (we shall call him Jacobson)
The crowd, nor jackobson, can beleive it as he sawn dives over the line, right under the posts and scores to tie the game witha conversion to come.

My fullback then steps up to take the two points to win the game, but misses it and we go into extra time

(someone else can write the rest if the want)
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:43 am

also, you need to take into consideration I invented a time machine for the players to come together for this final

Also, while I went back in time, I destroyed all spell checkers!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 19 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

Well I enjoyed the realism of basing your story in a hypothetical past. Any team with Hastings in it is worthy of the RWC final. Just don't get him to score the winning goal in the semi.

Plus in defence of the opposition's decision to kick, a certain try was on but miraculous anticipation from your fullback (let's call him Hastings) saved the day.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

so you need to score a try to win. that rules out the Springboks, England and Scotland...

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sat 21 Jul 2012, 4:53 pm

Crikey tiger
here's a tissue to tidy yourself up after that one.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 21 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

dallym wrote:so you need to score a try to win. that rules out the Springboks, England and Scotland...
I am trying my best not to laugh. Smile
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum