The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back??

+10
J.Benson II
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
TRUSSMAN66
Union Cane
paperbag_puncher
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
hampo17
TheMackemMawler
Soldier_Of_Fortune
14 posters

Go down

Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back?? Empty Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back??

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:44 am

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/07/wbn-photo-slimline-ricky-hatton.html

Can't fathom whether he's just trying to get in shape or is he really aiming to make a comeback. Its the slimmest he's looks since Manny.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back?? Empty Re: Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back??

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 20 Jul 2012, 7:51 am

He looks ancient
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back?? Empty Re: Slim Ricky Hatton Pics, Is he coming back??

Post by hampo17 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:29 am

Could someone post the pictures on here? That site won't load at work Sad

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:54 am

I hope he's just doing for personal fitness but as he's training himself to lose weight and other fighters he may get that desire back.

Malignaggi has said he'll fight him. If he came back that would be his safest bet, 1) it's at 147ibs and he may not be able to make 140 now and 2) The Magic Man has no power so his brain cells will be safe!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:00 am

If these pictures are legit, then it's clear that Hatton has, at the very least, started aiming towards a much healthier lifestyle; it was only five weeks ago since he was doing coverage for PrimeTime for the Bradley-Pacquiao fight and he looks a good stone and a half, at least, lighter than he did then.

Have said from the off that I don't want to see him fighting again, and that I believe it wouldn't work out well - and I stand by that, on both counts.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:00 am

Whether he's making a comeback or not, he should be congratulated for shifting that excess poundage. He's got a fiancee and two children who will need him around for as long as possible. I've shifted a stone in weight myself and I'm the lightest I've weighed for over three years. I'm chuffed to bits.

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

DAVE667 wrote:Whether he's making a comeback or not, he should be congratulated for shifting that excess poundage. He's got a fiancee and two children who will need him around for as long as possible. I've shifted a stone in weight myself and I'm the lightest I've weighed for over three years. I'm chuffed to bits.

Think you've got the wrong forum Dave. Here you go OK

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/community/mbd/index.aspx

Well done though!

Hatton does look ancient in those photos. A comeback can only end 2 ways for me. Him fighting some nobody and getting a pointless win that won't satisfy him in the long run or him having his ass handed to him by any decent opponent he might face. I'd take Paulie to box the ears of him at this stage.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:28 am

hampo171 wrote:Could someone post the pictures on here? That site won't load at work Sad

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Shouldn't be congratulated If the reason is..that he wants to box again...

Especially as he has two kids and a Wife!!!

Think Hatton has been living in the Hatton-fighter persona so long he is finding it difficult to be himself...

Much easier to be a fighter and close off from reality....also it gives him a direction and a sense of purpose he is struggling to find elsewhere!!

and an esteem....

Went out on a horrible low as well!!..Completely battered like a novice!!

With his Promotional role suffering...he probably is coming back!!!

Very sad to see!! He has nothing to prove!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:51 am

Being around the fighters in the gym all day must whet his appetite to get back in the ring. Even if it doesn't, being round a lot of fit boxers will give him the motivation to improve his physical condition.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 9:54 am

More like...he's missing the spotlight he craves and needs for his self esteem..

Needs some tough love.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:46 am

Hopefully Hatton is just attempting to live a more cleaner and healthier lifestyle.
It won't end well for him if he returns to boxing.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:59 am

I think with promotional career taking the blip it has at sky...he's looking for other options..

Unfortunately..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:08 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think with promotional career taking the blip it has at sky...he's looking for other options..

Unfortunately..

Yeah, you could be right.
I don't see a problem with him returning if he just fights a few low level, light punching journeymen for novelty purposes. But if he starts chasing the bigger names (and that's how it will most probably end up) then I would really fear for his saftey.
Lets hope his family and friends can talk him out of it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Maybe they can get his brother to quit too!!

He'd had a lot of punishment lately..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Can't see his family talking him out of it as I guess all their finances will be tied together. If Ricky makes money, they ALL make money.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:15 am

Should be grateful old ricky anyway..

let's face it without all those bucks..Would he have got a chick that fit???

Doubt it!!..her type are reserved for Beefsters!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:22 am

I honestly don't see any point for him to make a comeback other than to boost his bank balance. The 140 and 147 divisions are pretty stacked with good fighters at the mo so any return against a decent fighter would probably end badly for him.

There's no disgrace in losing to the 2 best p4p fighters in the world, but it would harm his legacy to be losing against people he would have beaten in his heyday...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:35 am

Thing is, with Hatton's following, he can face mediocre opposition and still pull in the big crowds. The danger is that he signs for a three fight deal and ends up stinking the place out first time round. He's going to be hard pushed to convince people to come watch him again unless he secures a big name and then he runs the risk of being flattened.

Malignaggi seems keen and it could be billed as a grudge match but I can't see people shelling out to travel to Vegas in their droves for it. Hatton will need a tune-up fight which may scupper his big plans if he fails. Maybe he should be like Leonard and McGuigan and have a full fight behind closed doors to see whether or not he still has it in him before committing himself.

Then again, maybe he's already done it!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:42 am

Already given my two piece on him coming back..

Truss - Keep at a light hearted tone or onto the actually topic rather than slandering the guy!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:47 am

What is with the italics?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:49 am

IG he is trying to be unique!

It annoys my eyes though

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:50 am

I thought we had all that banned after colourgate

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

Apparently not!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 11:55 am

Where have I slandered the guy???

run along...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm

Yes Truss ...Comment about his money getting his wife...his brother should follow suite and quit and that he is only after the limelight....

The fact is that all of this is mere speculation so quite why their is any requirement to bring his personal/family matters into the discussion is beyond me.

Until anything concrete comes out we should applaud the guy for getting his life back on track and pulling himself together...especially given where he was 18 months ago.

I will also stop with the Italics as everyone seems to be having a good moan about that this morning....only around 6 months after I had started using it mind Erm

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:22 pm

"Would he have got a chick like that???"

That's slanderous is it!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:27 pm

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, traducement, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image.

Actually yes it is Truss Whistle

Anyhow not one to get into arguments with people on here. My point is that talk of come back is purely that, speculation.

I have no problem with people posting their views on whether he should or shouldn't come back...just don't see why there is any need to include disparaging remarks/thoughts into the equation...especially since you don't know the guy.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

and I got to my age without knowing what slander is!! Doh

I stuck a question mark at the end...which doesn't make it a statement jerk

run along we already have a patronising ally on here already in jm!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 20 Jul 2012, 12:58 pm

Regardless of whether their are questions marks behind it or not you always have an agenda when you post like that Truss..

You didn't post question marks after the other 2 statements you made.

As I keep saying, the point is if your going to give your reaction on the OP then do so with some thought and intellect rather than just posting stuff which in truth has nothing to do with anything and is just you taking a pop and making ludicrous statements about someone you have no idea about.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Why don't you ask the mods...If I'm anti-Hatton or look at my thread record..

Before you jump to silly conclusions...

Nothing slanderous about my post....end of!!!!!!

Exclamation marks ....Now that's a statement.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 20 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why don't you ask the mods...If I'm anti-Hatton or look at my thread record..

Before you jump to silly conclusions...

Nothing slanderous about my post....end of!!!!!!

Exclamation marks ....Now that's a statement.... Cool

Typical Truss. Got to love it! Hug

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down