The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man of Steel Trailer

+10
The Womble
Skydriver
talkingpoint
President Trump
CFCNick
Russell_Elmo
Ent
Crimey
Morgannwg
Thomond
14 posters

Go down

Man of Steel Trailer Empty Man of Steel Trailer

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:52 am

Enjoy Superman fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jKWJZsjm5U

Back to top Go down

Man of Steel Trailer Empty Re: Man of Steel Trailer

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:19 pm

Saw it at the Dark Knight rises screening. It's a teaser so you can't tell much but I would be looking forward to it. Nolan doesn't have that much involvement in it. It's Goyer and Snyder's film.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:32 pm

Indeed. Nolan is only producing. I shall be watching the Dark Knight Rises tomorrow. As I understand it Goyer picked Nolan's brain in terms of the portayal of the film. Given that the film is being made with the same companies involved as the Nolan Batman trilogy, I just hope fans don't expect something in the same mould as the Batman films.

I do hope it is a much better interpretation of a DC character than the Green Lantern.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:36 pm

Didn't see the Green Lantern although judging from the reviews it's probably a good thing I didn't. I don't liek calling Batman a Comic book film, it's a ot more but while I think Man of Steel will be very good I don't think it will be that much like Batman, it's more of an action/crime drama then a comic book film.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:44 pm

I think Batman is comic book based on the scripts are based on the comic book stories. What is good is how Nolan throughout has often not gone for the adaptation right down to the fine details. Like the Joker. In terms of appearance. That was inspired. Also moved away from the satirical aspect of the character. Agreed the films do not have the 'comic' feel. The artistry and filmography was anything but comic book. You could say Nolan re-defined the story telling in comic book adaptions because Marvel have certainly learnt from this and been less detail to detail from the comic.

I shall be intrigued to see how the Justice League film takes shape as really Batman seems to be the only character with a decent film behind him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:53 pm

Marvel have improved it ab it but the majority of Comic book fils are about thae action, fight scene, CGI etc. Theis Batman franchise doesn't use much CGI, minatures and actual stunts are done where possible, some of them pretty insane.

It's story is a lot more deeper than most comic books and it has a great array of themes from fear, duaality terrorism etc.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

The Avengers was all about effects and CGI and in some ways it worked based on the character abilities/powers. Good thing about Batman is that it has none of that. That's what makes it an easier adaption in some respects because the characters can tell their own stories.

I hope this is what happens with Man of Steel by where the main focus is on him as a character. I hope people don't sit there waiting for him to fly around and save that day like with the Reeves films.

The first Superman movie in the first 30 minutes was brilliant. With Jonathan and Martha Kent trying to have Clark adjust to his powers and the influence of mankind on Superman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm

Seeing as they're remaking everything, I would hope they remake X-men (but still include Hugh Jackman as Logan Wolverine). Damn Bryan Singer made a mess of that franchise, and the guy who did the third just completely killed it and should never direct again. Singer's idea for the third instalment was pretty good actually.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:20 pm

Spoiler:

Some more footagew leaked from Comic Con, most of the good ones have been taken down but the quality isn't too bad. I thought the first 2 Xmens were pretty good.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 24 Jul 2012, 5:06 pm

They were fairly good now I look back on them Thomond. I guess I just wanted them to stick to the stories from the popular cartoon more.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

Not really a fan of Superman, I thought the best part of the trailer was the music from Lord of the Rings.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:46 pm

Hairs on the back of my neck standing whilst this was on, hoping it is epic.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 11:54 pm

It will be crap, like Singers version. I'm not sure if the Superman 90's cartoon (that and X-men) were based on stories from the comic but they were good. So was the Justice League! Certainly better than any movie made (I do not include Avengers or Thor here).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:19 pm

Crimey wrote:Not really a fan of Superman, I thought the best part of the trailer was the music from Lord of the Rings.

I personally think it was strange to have that song in the trailer. The lyrics are have the words 'demon' in there. Be interesting to see how the film is plotted out.

I know a lot of LOTR fans that we're disappointed with it's involvement in the trailer due to it's significance in The Fellowship of the Rings.

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

Russell_Elmo wrote:
Crimey wrote:Not really a fan of Superman, I thought the best part of the trailer was the music from Lord of the Rings.

I personally think it was strange to have that song in the trailer. The lyrics are have the words 'demon' in there. Be interesting to see how the film is plotted out.

I know a lot of LOTR fans that we're disappointed with it's involvement in the trailer due to it's significance in The Fellowship of the Rings.

Maybe they're going down the Smallville storyline with the cave depicting a "traveller" not of this World with an evil side or twin. In Smallville he has an evil twin called Davis who turns into "Doomsday". Maybe they'll add Davis as a 2nd in command to Zod in a sequel if they get one.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

MockingJay33 wrote:
Russell_Elmo wrote:

Maybe they're going down the Smallville storyline with the cave depicting a "traveller" not of this World with an evil side or twin. In Smallville he has an evil twin called Davis who turns into "Doomsday". Maybe they'll add Davis as a 2nd in command to Zod in a sequel if they get one.

I, personally, couldn't get into Smallville. I liked and grew up with The New Adventures of Superman with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher.

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:30 am

The problem I always had with Superman and probably the reason I couldn't get into the comic was his lack of great villians, I know Lex Luther is one of the greatest villians and Doomsday "killed" him but other than that who was there?

I loved the Chris Reeves films especially Superman 2 but the last remake was pants but looking at the clip of the new one it seemed alot darker than the others which maybe a good thing

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:43 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:The problem I always had with Superman and probably the reason I couldn't get into the comic was his lack of great villians, I know Lex Luther is one of the greatest villians and Doomsday "killed" him but other than that who was there?

I loved the Chris Reeves films especially Superman 2 but the last remake was pants but looking at the clip of the new one it seemed alot darker than the others which maybe a good thing

I think the same could be said for Batman. Bar the Joker, the others were pants. The 90's films really did a disservice for Batman.

The thing Nolan brought to Batman was the story-telling of Bruce Wayne and exposing him to being very 'normal' and having the same vulnerabilities as his enemies. The enemies he selected were spot on as they didn't really have 'Super Powers'

What I like about this re-make is that they have not included Lex Luther as the protagonist. General Zod is the enemy which should make for compelling viewing as he is on par with Superman in abilities. Similar to Batman Begins when they had Ra's Al Ghul as the enemy. Someone that will test him physically. Then the Dark Knight they had the Joker who tested him mentally. I am sure that with the sequel to Man of Steel will be Luther who will test Superman mentally. Then in the 3rd and final installment have someone that will test him both physically and mentally like Bane did with Batman.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:11 pm

Batman has far superior villians than Superman and not just the joker but as you said most of his villians are on par with him as they dont have superpowers they are either mental or use gadgets but as for Superman its mostly Lex Luther using kryponite in various ways and with various people

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:20 pm

Mongul and Kryptonite Man deserve a mention Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

I like Superman when he is in the JL more as he has better villians to go up against and the conflict of morals between him and the other members

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

I think Superman does hold his own and I think the re-boot with David Goyer at the helm and Nolan producing will help it connect with the viewers. Superman Returns was god awful. Christopher Reeves was perfect for the role. Tall, medium built, facially suited the role. I think the re-boot will focus more on Superman as an individual and his internal conflicts with his powers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

TBH, I had always wondered about Supermans past. Was it the comic books or cartoons that illustrate his planet being destroyed by something the Kryptonians created, and eventually that followed Superman to Earth? It would be good if they touched upon this.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 09 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

I really liked the teaser, saw it at the DKR screening. Judging from the look and feel of the trailer it will be a very well made film. I just hope that with this reboot they actually manage to maintain some consistency rather than casting different actors and rebooting the franchise every 8 years or so.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:48 pm

New trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2012, 8:50 am

Ah yes I saw that last night. The film is certainly following in the footsteps in the Batman trilogy in not coughing up the villan most associated with Superman. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 13 Dec 2012, 1:05 pm

really impressed by the new trailer, in fact I've become a bit of a Superman convert after the teaser trailer came out and I've been doing my homework reading some of the more recent graphic novels. I love the tone of the two trailers and the new one definitely builds on the teaser. I think this film is going to raise some very interesting issues as well as having a very strong story arc leading into a sequel. Man of Steel is my film to watch out for in 2013.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

Empire are reporting some further movement on the marketing campaign. New trailer coming soon?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37151

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 15 Apr 2013, 1:48 pm

Skydriver wrote:Empire are reporting some further movement on the marketing campaign. New trailer coming soon?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=37151

There is a new teaser out Skydriver, it's General Zod doing a voiceover on some static saying he wants earth to give back Superman or he will destroy it. Pretty cool.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:29 am

Here is the new 3 minute trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T6DJcgm3wNY

EDIT: an official/alternative URL is the intriguing domain as follows - http://www.iwillfindhim.com/

Will we hand over Kal El? Will we end up kneeling before Zod?

Last edited by Skydriver on Wed 17 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I WILL FIND HIM)

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 20 May 2013, 10:49 am

Behind the scenes featurette including I think some new snippets from the film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rtcEtDDqvu8

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 May 2013, 1:47 pm

Superman died with Christopher Reeve............

Sarah Douglas................. devil

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 May 2013, 1:56 pm

Truss - send me your vote for the next round of the movie cup please! And you sodhat/ Nay

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 20 May 2013, 1:56 pm

Amy Adams?????

would you?

I would Wink

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 20 May 2013, 2:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Superman died with Christopher Reeve............

Sarah Douglas................. devil

Once upon a time I thought the same thing, but then after seeing what they did with Batman and the trailers I have seen for Man Of Steel I think we could be looking at a new icon. Superman is going to soar....again.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 20 May 2013, 2:17 pm

On CGI........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon 20 May 2013, 2:22 pm

Yeh so be it. Move with the times.

It doesn't take anything away from the Reeve film(s), the first Superman is still (imo) the best Superhero film ever made but it's about time Superman had the CGI/Special Effects treatment of the modern era.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 2:24 pm

Amy Adams = heart

Henry Cavill = heart kiss

He's my biggest man-crush, ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 22 May 2013, 1:05 pm

Ooo - something else released. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dXAuiDo5DHg

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 22 May 2013, 1:13 pm

Skydriver wrote:Ooo - something else released. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dXAuiDo5DHg

Now i'm even MORE excited!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Thu 06 Jun 2013, 6:37 pm

Empire are saying this is the final trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwYatpwrs8s

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:33 am

Reviews are starting to come in. Generally positive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/10112211/Man-of-Steel-reviews-round-up.html

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

Excellant cam recording of MOS doing the rounds on download sites (iso hunt). Top quality too..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down